What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Why does Bienemy refuse to use gerald thomas in this offense?

Bieniemy is a moron.

There. I finally said it. Time to stop pulling punches out of respect for how great a Buff some of these guys were. EB has always been a moron. Charismatic guy. Great leadership. Moron.

EB has to go, RB coach maybe, he plays favorites.

Gawd, this team sucks. Even Hackinsees teams; weren't this bad. Except for Cody II, i mean webb.

No one is doing a good job at catching the ball cause our QB is not getting the ball to them thats the problem but i still blame playcalling

Excellent speed only helps if your quarterback can stay upright long enough to throw on a deep route, and can deliver the ball on target, in stride.

Bieniemy is a moron.

There. I finally said it. Time to stop pulling punches out of respect for how great a Buff some of these guys were. EB has always been a moron. Charismatic guy. Great leadership. Moron.

Thanks for saying this. I've felt the same way. Just think, he could've been the HC right now.

I will go on the other side of this and imagine that the CU offense would be much better if Bienemy wasn't calling the plays.

Yeah, I never got the impression that he was particularly bright from listening to his interviews over the years. I never thought he was coordinator or HC material. Embree, on the other hand, had me fooled. He talked a good game. I thought he would certainly be competent and possibly grow into a pretty good HC. I certainly thought he would be a step up from the last clown. Boy, was I wrong.

There are so many episodes where a smart but low-skilled player became an excellent coach - and perhaps because he had so few natural abilities, he had to always think much quicker, more correctly than the more naturally-talented players.

Natural talent is often criticized as insulating those players from understanding what it takes to teach, or 'coach up' other players. Especially younger ones, and in college football, ALL players will be younger, and always getting younger as the coaches get older. The ability to coach-up is so critical, therefore.

I think Embree & Co have shown their abilities to coach-up and teach good skills. Yesterday was another clear demonstration on the home field.

Nothing to say really. It's all right there to see. If a change isn't made, we'll know what we've been thinking all along.

Wish these guys could get it done but they can't. Are we hitting in practice, the tackling is laughable. U don't have to teach much at the Nfl level, you get there for a reason. Teaching fundamentals should be a given. Sorry, idk what the **** these guys are doing.

hope you are kidding.
I don't think he is. Imagine hitting your professional ceiling, and the place and job that are both of your dreams. Those guys are hurting. Worse than we are. Doesn't mean something shouldn't be done by leadership, but my heart goes out to those guys and the players.

I don't think he is. Imagine hitting your professional ceiling, and the place and job that are both of your dreams. Those guys are hurting. Worse than we are. Doesn't mean something shouldn't be done by leadership, but my heart goes out to those guys and the players.

Well....I appreciate their loyalty. But part of the deal at this level is coaches get paid relatively large sums to deliver a winning product. In fact, coaches get paid a premium because of the risk involved to them of failure (and the potential for lost income if they do not succeed, and lowered earnings potential for future work). So, I am not in the slightest sorry for them. They played the game (arguable, i suppose), lost, and need to move on....with their pockets spilling over with cash they do not deserve.

Now, I would feel sorry (and grateful) to Embree if he quits and walks away from what is owed under his contract.

Well....I appreciate their loyalty. But part of the deal at this level is coaches get paid relatively large sums to deliver a winning product. In fact, coaches get paid a premium because of the risk involved to them of failure (and the potential for lost income if they do not succeed, and lowered earnings potential for future work). So, I am not in the slightest sorry for them. They played the game (arguable, i suppose), lost, and need to move on....with their pockets spilling over with cash they do not deserve.

Now, I would feel sorry (and grateful) to Embree if he quits and walks away from what is owed under his contract.
I get what you're saying, but I don't think I'd quit if I thought I had the right idea, would you? (whether I'm right or not, as long as I thought I was on the right path).

I get what you're saying, but I don't think I'd quit if I thought I had the right idea, would you? (whether I'm right or not, as long as I thought I was on the right path).

Hard for me to say not being in his position. But I think any rationale person taking an objective view would conclude that we are headed into a potentially irreversible path to football doom. I would hope that Jon would make that conclusion and save the program by walking away.

Hard for me to say not being in his position. But I think any rationale person taking an objective view would conclude that we are headed into a potentially irreversible path to football doom. I would hope that Jon would make that conclusion and save the program by walking away.
That's my point. He doesn't think it's irreversible.

That.

I was too tired and semi drunk to type all that out on my iPad. Plus I was watching Discovery crash a B727. A show about crashing a a perfectly good plane with no pilot and measuring the effects. Kinda like what we did with a perfectly good football program. Then 10 worst landings came on so I'm optimistic....

Last edited:
That's my point. He doesn't think it's irreversible.

That is the shocking part to me.....how could he determine that it is not irreversible? I don't care how devoted and confident you are. Smart people recognize when they are in way over their heads.

That is the shocking part to me.....how could he determine that it is not irreversible? I don't care how devoted and confident you are. Smart people recognize when they are in way over their heads.
I'd guess it's a combination of stubbornness, ego, and lack of perspective, same things that always get me in trouble.

Last edited:
Back