1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why does Greg Brown still have a job???

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BuffClass90, Oct 11, 2012.

1. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

This is the question I have.

2. bigskybuff

bigskybuff Club Member Club Member

Either he has compromising pictures of embree or he can't be fired. I am so glad the bspn commentators called him out and showed him numerous times as we get embarrassed on tv. It's beyond a joke how bad his schemes are.

3. FightCu1414

FightCu1414 Fifth year Senior Club Member

This season I have been standing in the third or fourth row of the student section so you can hear whats going on on the sidelines. Tonight especially every single time they ran those ****ing screens Embree was in the ear of Brown. Brown got chewed out more than any of the players and despite this he is still here. Does not make any sense.

4. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

Any of them having a job is the serious question.

5. CaliBuff901

CaliBuff901 Active Member

In the "Embarassing" thread I posted the quote of the night from Jesse Palmer... it was priceless and spot on

Idot Buff likes this.
  6. EddieCrowder

EddieCrowder Club Member Club Member

Embree is starting to have the look of someone going into self preservation mode, and I believe this will make or break him. Does he love CU and his "dream job" as much as he claims ? If the answer is yes Greg Brown is counting backwards to the day he is fired, and its not that far off. Lets face it this team is null and void of talent, with the exception of some of the true freshman. That being what it is Coaching can only help so much, but with Brown they cant even get lined up correctly, the D-backs are completely assignment confused by any motion from the opponent, and they tackle like a JHS team. The Special Teams are an equal joke and Brookhart shold be shown the door as well.
    If Embo wants to keep his job and have any chance of being successful his self preservation and love of his job should harden him into making the tough decisions. If not he will join the procession of the fired walking out the door.

7. jpbuff

jpbuff Active Member

I put just as much blame on this mess on EB. 5 of the first 6 series were 3 and outs. Even with the kickoff return your still only down 10 points. How do we answer their kickoff return. With a big fat 3 and out. I am in no way defending Brown, but the offense has to do its part also.

8. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

I don't know what is more concerning.... the fact that Greg Brown uses a 3 man rush 90% of the time. Or that when he does the 8 guys in coverage still manage to leave someone wide open

9. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

We miss the experience of Ray Polk, which is why experienced junior Terrel Smith looks lost on 90% of pass plays.

10. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

There was a point in last night's broadcast when Reese Davis said to Jesse Palmer, "Is this a product of Arizona State's offense just being that good? or Colorado's defense just being that bad?"

Palmer responded, "Arizona State's offense is good, but Colorado's defense is terrible."

11. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

I think we're going to see some huge turnover with the AC's assuming Embree stays. Embree and Kennedy are always getting into it on the sidelines. Scherer appeared gone after last year. Brown hopefully fired. Marshall fired. I wouldn't be surprised to see nearly 5 new AC's next year

12. JWP303

JWP303 Active Member

This is my biggest fear. The problem starts with Embree and his lack of leadership. Not interested in rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic.

EDIT: Actually the problem starts with Benson and DiStefano... But it permeates through the coaching staff as well.

13. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

they need to clean house / start from scratch, spend the $ and go get real coaches that are x's and o's kind of coaches...forget all these lovem up kind of guys...our coaches always look lost, confused and pissed... the opposite sidelines always look relaxed and cool

14. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

When the head coach's response to many questions at the weekly press conference is, "I don't know" I think you can say the coach is in over his head.

15. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

Which means Embree has to go. He will not hire any good replacements to come here when everyone knows he would only buy himself a year until everyone else is fired en masse. Have to spend big money and get real coach.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2