What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Why does Hawk pull Charles when he screws up, but keeps Sprague & Sanders out there?

JimmyBuff

Yeah, I know Charles ****ed up and it cost us in the 1st half but...

How many passes is Sprague going to drop this year? He totally killed any kind of rhythm in the 1st half for the offense on his two drops.. Hawk and company keeping sending him out there for whatever reason I have no idea..

And frickin Sanders.. How many times is he going to roll the shotgun snaps to Little Hawk or low snap the ball before Hawk puts someone else in there?.. The only conclusion that makes any sense is that we don't have anyone else who can play center on the roster.

I love Hawk and believe in him.. Maybe I am and maybe I'm not trying to say Hawk is favoring some players over others, but it just seems pretty hypocritical to me.. Sure seems like Charles has a much shorter leash on him than other experienced players on the team.. Maybe its just me.. Just wondering if anyone else here has those thoughts when watching the game..

Re: Why does Hawk pull Charles when he screws up, but keeps Sprague & Sanders out the

Agreed. Hugh needs to be our feature back. He has been getting tough yards since the OU game and making plays the other backs haven't. I'm fine with Sumler in short yardage or Ellis for pass pro in obvious passing situations, but Hugh's been made the whipping boy for his mistakes and gets taken out for series at a time following his mistakes. It needs to stop because he's easily our most productive offensive player.

Re: Why does Hawk pull Charles when he screws up, but keeps Sprague & Sanders out the

I dont understand how Sprague even plays....He dropped a for sure TD against K State that hit his hands, chest and face. I can understand not switching centers due to the lack there of, but its not like were short on good recievers (Patrick Williams, Josh Smith, Celestine, McKnight...)

I think you are reading more into it. Hawk seems to be playing guys and resting guys. I'd bet he had intended to go with Lockridge anyway. It is just that the timing made it LOOK like HC was in the doghouse. They didn't scream and yell at HC when he came off the field. I think a lot of that was a planned substitution anyway.

I didnt see the kjsu game, or much of it as I was at work a week ago, saw ds drops against ku last night and thought that wasnt the same guy the 1st 6 games I watched.

on HC, he was trying to "stretch" for the 1st own and the ball came out.... tough break especially considering it was close enough for a fg try on 4th down.....

EDIT: UBT YOU DID IT AGAIN YOU DAFT BASTARD! LOG OUT AND POST UNDER YOUR OWN EFFING NAME! love, your wife.

Last edited:

cause their slow and they already look humble. ****, I'm so tired of slow div.2 recievers playing at Colorado. You would think they would have to catch everything in sight to smell the field, but they piss down their leg on important plays. **** Im pissed.

Back