What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

why hawaii won

"If we ever play Hawaii again, please find another annoucer, that HA VY II **** still has my ears ringing"

I know, both wife and I are hawaiian locals... we say it like everybody does across the nation "HAWAIIANS" not with a "V" sound...ESPN can be 2 much sometimes......again BUFFS, i have deep respect for u guys....aloha

"If we ever play Hawaii again, please find another annoucer, that HA VY II **** still has my ears ringing"

I know, both wife and I are hawaiian locals... we say it like everybody does across the nation "HAWAIIANS" not with a "V" sound...ESPN can be 2 much sometimes......again BUFFS, i have deep respect for u guys....aloha

Funny I always thought it was Huh - why - uh

Yes...that annoyed the **** out of me, and I was wondering what the locals thought. I assumed that he bungled it, so thanks for the confirmation.

Good to know I wasnt the only one annoyed lol. Nice to hear that from Hawaiian locals too. Good luck to you guys.

hawaii won because of the following:

we couldn't trust our secondary, heads-up. so, brown sent the house on nearly every play. the result was that the middle was wide open, allowing for big scrambles and all the rest.
it wasn't a horrible performance--- it just is what it is. they were trying to cover up a weakness and they got exploited by a very good qb. once he proved he could scramble up the middle like that, it was all over for CU.

additionally, this team just doesn't know how to win. they had a chance to make some plays that would have turned it around --- they were close, and just like the last few years, they failed to close the deal.

finally, i am actually somewhat encouraged. i was really hoping to get a win out of this one. but, at least we appear to have a staff with a plan-- compare this to the montana state debut with hawkins and you'll see we at least have a chance to improve.

ultimately, however, we know what we already knew-- a brutal schedule and not enough talent is going to take its toll this year.

After a day to think about (after taking frustrations out on the golf ball all day long, but hey I drank 5 beers and shot 74 so I'll take it), I'd list the following as to why we lost:

1) Clearly the O Line. For a unit that wanted "to impose it's will" and "dominate my opponent", they were flat footed. Just seemed to stand still and unsure of assignments on pass plays
2) QB's. Not just TH, but the difference between him and Moniz. Moniz's ability to immediately recognize what was available to him (usually an open running lane) was huge. His first long run, he saw that open lane immediately and didn't hesitate. TH looked completely unsure of where to go with the ball if Richardson wasn't open. Moniz looked much more poised and confident, even after sacks or going 3 and out. After a sack or 3 and out, TH came to the sideline clearly frustrated. Moniz came across as what you'd expect from a senior QB, poised and confident. TH on the other hand...
3) Coaching. UH seemed to make quicker and better adjustments. TH commented that UH made adjustments at half, resulting in 7 sacks in the second half. Our coaches didn't seem to make a counter adjustment to that. On Moniz's 3rd TD run, it was mindboggling that our coaches did not have someone watch for Moniz to keep the ball.
4) Our inability to make a big play. Opportunities were there: Sanderfield's near pick 6. Not getting into the endzone after Moniz's fumble--especially coming on the heels of UH taking back to back timeouts. Kasa just missing the shovel pass.

There were some decent areas though. Freshman kickers were poised. Only 178 yds passing by Moniz (but then, when he runs for 120 or so...). DB's were pretty good, but out of position at times. Defense can't be faulted for any lack of effort.

I still think Richardson has got to be the first option. Get the ball in his hands as often a possible, any way you can.

Back