What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Why I think the 2012 Buffs will be better.

Live Lines

Colorado 2013 regular season wins - conference championships & bowl games do not apply - Saturday, August 31, 2013 12:00 PM
30211 Colorado total wins over 4½
+210
30212 Colorado total wins under 4½
30213 Colorado total wins over 4
+190
30214 Colorado total wins under 4
30215 Colorado total wins over 3½
+105
30216 Colorado total wins under 3½
30217 Colorado total wins over 3
30218 Colorado total wins under 3
+105
30219 Colorado total wins over 2½
30220 Colorado total wins under 2½
+150

Reading this and the other threads from last year have helped me understand why some ABers are so butt-hurt this year - they were bathing in hope and optimism then. For them, this year must be like the morning after a hard drunk. To them I say: Suck it up, Sally, your team needs you.

Morning after?!? Not really.

It's more like hearing a beloved relative has diagnosed to a horrible disease and then watch the symptoms become increasingly debilitating over the following half-decade.

HCMM and Jeff George is like DiStephano's last ditch treatment program that is only available in Israel, but doesn't have FDA approval.

In my heart is a prayer that CU's players shine on the football field and win some games. But my head recognizes that DiStephano is a cancer to the program. DiStephano throwing a bunch money at some new faces in the athletic department at this point in his career is not going to create some kind of miracle in 2013.

The fans have been blamed by Phil and the media as being a part of the problem. All the while we fans have been cheering our hearts out, buying tickets, enthusiastically cheering on the Buffs through the pseudo scandal of Barnett, during the failed Hawkins experiment, and the Embree error.

I can with 100 percent certainty testify that koolaid drinking fans predicting three or four (or more) wins is NOT what our team needs.

The players need long term and committed institutional support built on the vision and leadership of people like DiStephano.

Come back and lecture me after DiStephano stops delegating down to his lapdogs and starts showing some balls. Last time I checked, Phil has NOT guaranteed a win over CSU. He has NOT owned up to his negligence/incompetence over the past eight years. He has NOT staked his reputation on the Colorado Buffaloes playing for a conference championship in the Rose Bowl.

So excuse me while I sit back and wait to see if HCMM is another "Real Deal" or another "Home Run Hire" or just another coach handicapped by CU leadership that is not emotionally committed to being football fans themselves.

Back