1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why isnt Darden playing ?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by rdwachsmann, Oct 10, 2011.

1. rdwachsmann

rdwachsmann New Member

Welcome Buffup I am also in Texas Dallas/Ftworth area. Grew up in Loveland Colorado and a big Buff fan. High school football is huge down here and I did get the opportunity to see Jarrod Darden play now on the Buffs roster but not playing. This kid didnt play his senior year due to injury but was a Monster as a junior and I think allstate as a junior playing against the best high school programs in the country
    Southlake Carroll, Denton Ryan.The kid was a bigtime standout 6 4" 210 WR with great speed and hands Why isnt he playing ? I think he was better as a junior in High school then what Embree has been putting on the field. ANY insite on why he is not on the field? :huh:​

2. bigbang

bigbang Member

Richardson, Clemons, Mccolough,Canty, Logan Gray,Cefalo

3. RK

RK UBL Club Member

Too many drops

4. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

I want to see the kid get on the field too, he looks like a specimen, but you can assume anyone not getting PT right now has issues in this area:

[​IMG]

5. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

speed and route running have always been his problem as well.

6. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

This looks like a thread from 3 years ago with new names.
    Man, we could really use Andre Simmons about now.

Maybe Darden is not doing the little things..... Boy that hurts.

To play ahead of Cefalo, you got to be willing to block, be willing to get the ball in traffic over the middle, while possibly having your head ripped off. You got to catch it when someone is breathing down your neck. You got to know the plays, the reads and the calls. You have to know whether you line up on the LOS or in the backfield on a given play. Blah blah blah. This staff just likes walk-ons better!

All of the little things that everyone hated about the last staff are still truisms in football. It takes more than a physical specimen to be a complete football players. Still laughing at all the calls for Simmons to be on the field and how Hawk kept him off for the little things. Embree ran Simmons off in 11 seconds!

I don't know the reason why Darden hasn't seen the field, but my guess is he's just too damn passive based on my observations at practice. Guys like McCullough go after people and go after the ball. Darden doesn't seem to have the intensity needed to play at this level. If you dont' display intense physicality, you don't get practice reps pretty much.

Man, we could really use Andre Simmons about now! That dude was big AND fast!

7. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

you can't forget he caught the ball with one hand once at independence cc

8. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I have watched a number of practices and from what I've seen there is good reason why Darden isn't playing.

He's not that fast. That would be ok with his size, except that his acceleration and route running aren't that good either. I'd be very surprised if we ever saw productivity from him at WR. If we used him as a "move" or "flex" tight end, his physical attributes would fit that better. However, he hasn't been able to pack on enough bulk to his frame to make that feasible. If he could just put on 10-15 pounds, we'd have an interesting weapon to use in that spot with a 6'5" 225-230 lb move TE. Considering our TE depth chart, if I were him and wanted to play, that's the direction I'd be taking things.

9. rynobuff

rynobuff Club Member Club Member

Sometimes Jumbo's can be disappointing... or so I've been told :huh::lol:

10. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

210 out of HS? I've seen the kid when he visited for the spring game a couple years back. Saying he was 210 is being very generous.