1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why so muchtrouble getting interest from WR's?

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by leftybuff, Nov 15, 2013.

1. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I looked and it appears all the highly ranked WR's are gone (at least according to the scout site). What gives? CU is as pass happy as any team not named Wazzu or Cal.

2. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Doesn't seem like we've went too hard on WRs this cycle. There's still Tre Hartley out there, and the Goree kid we offered recently and trail North Texas for..

3. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

Seen our record lately?

4. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

I might lose all hope if we lose out to North Texas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. rynobuff

rynobuff Club Member Club Member

Pretty sure we've lost out to worse over the past few years :huh:

6. o_robbie

o_robbie I don't think before I post

Are we interested in the Martin kid out of CO. Is he just another clone of McCullough?

7. lawdogg

lawdogg Club Member Club Member

Don't know that the McCullough comparison is accurate, but last I heard we were not really recruiting him.

8. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

I think his speed would be an upgrade over GucciTy's. Much smaller though. Still hoping we find a way to get him here. I think he would surprise people and I love seeing BoCo preps contribute at CU.

9. o_robbie

Maybe P.Rich is coming back and coach knows it. Highly unlikely though.

10. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

What sucks is that we actually have a viable pitch to WRs with PRich getting the touches and limelight at CU before going to the NFL. Seems like at least one guy would want to follow that path.

11. o_robbie

I can't believe we can't get a transfer to come here and step into P.Rich's shoes. That kid from Texas who picked Arizona over us really hurt. I think coach must like some of our young guys or possibly he plans to recruit them harder next year.

12. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Hopefully he knows something about the 2013 WRs we don't know. Otherwise, the lack of attention to WRs for 2014 is not good.

13. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

What are we recruiting Lee as?

14. aik

I was initially hoping CB but with his skill set I think a WR/RB who can catch passes out of the backfield (thinking Ramonce Taylor from the Texas 2005 team) would be a huge asset for us. I have wanted guys like DD and Tony Jones to be utilized here more this year so really hoping the staff can try something like this and Lee may be the athlete to make it really work.

Don't remember reading this article the first time around, but just did some searching for our involvement with Lee and skimmed over it: http://www.buffzone.com/football/ci_24428972/afternoon-drive-does-cu-football-need-land-receiver

Not very detailed. I know David Williams should still be scheduled to visit in December and I hope we are still in on Tre Hartley. Sam Boyd would be a great target having initially been a SJSU commit but I suspect he'll be going with a better offer like ASU. Keyon Dilosa camped with us and has lesser offers, though I like the Houston one, but having not heard any update lately I'm thinking the ship has sailed there. Similar measurables as Goree.

15. o_robbie

I think we end up landing Lee as our future slot WR. I am worried that McCullough/Spruce/DD combo is going to struggle to get open next year. One of the young kids needs to step up. Spruce is an average #2 guy. If he is our number 1 we really need better 2-4 to help him out next year.

16. aik

I agree. An ensemble cast isn't going to scare anyone so either one needs to elevate their game or we better hope JT or Bobo is a genuine threat.

17. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I think you're underrating him a bit. He's an excellent #2. He'd be a good #1. But what he would need is a guy on the other side who can fly and will challenge the other team's safeties. Spruce certainly wasn't ready to be a #1 in 2012, but I think we can look at his production the last 2 years, look at the CBs he was torching in HS with the ridiculous numbers he put up, and say that he can absolutely be a go-to #1 WR as a RS-Junior next year. Let's just find someone dynamic for the other side.

18. o_robbie

I worry about Spruce getting the teams best DB or having coverage focusing on him next year.

19. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

I agree but I am also with Nik that we just need someone on the other side with wheels (and taller than DD). What's the latest on J. Thomas?

20. patebuff

patebuff Downgraded to half a star Club Member

Redshirting

21. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

I knew that was the official word but I heard rumors earlier in the season that he was in the doghouse and might leave. If he is on the team next year he may be a critical piece of our WR solution. I wonder if Bobo might help out too. Also, on the TE side, we have virtually no receiving threat this year but if Dylan bulks up a bit he may contribute as a freshman and help our passing attack. A Juco TE or WR would be nice to add to this year's class though.

22. o_robbie

I sure hope our OL keeps improving. The best thing to help our passing game next year will be alot of 2nd and 3rd and shorts.

23. lawdogg

lawdogg Club Member Club Member

Not sure if we did a profile on him or not, but Sidney Jones is another name out there that we're recruiting. He's an athlete who could play DB or WR, currently committed to SJSU but I believe he was committed when we offered.

24. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member