What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Why the fans at CU are the reason why we are so bad

and really, the op is right. We need to be more supportive as fans. That is the only way this is gonna get turned around. I'm sure he's creating his video now...

[video=youtube;iz1bo0vaud8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz1bo0vaud8[/video]

oh my god... So creepy

Damn! C'mon BF!! I's needs me some ------> YOU

BTW it not my fault the buffs are terrible, my parents had sex and made me so it's THEIR FAULT. Mom and Dad you suck as CU fans....and so do grandma and grandpa! Stupid ignorant fans....

All good points.

On the bowl game thing, Embree is the one who set that expectation. Most of us were talking about improvement in the W/L department and competitiveness against the better opponents before he started saying "bowl game" in every interview.

The thing about Sac State that really got me is that it wasn't an isolated incident. If the team had continued to play solid football from its 14-3 start and gotten the win against an inferior CSU team, I think we would have been pissed this weekend but have been saying "young team with key injuries in the secondary, growing pains, got to bounce back against Fresno and get this back on track". We're seeing a trend. And these are two truly awful teams we've lost to.

I agree. On your first point, this is what makes me question Embree more than any other point. I can forgive him for losing these games with a bunch of kids.
However, he mismanaged expectations big time. He should have been talking bowl game inside the locker room. But with the press he should have said:

"national experts are picking us last and to win 2 games, because we have very few experienced guys and not much left in the upper classes. We have to replace 8-9 starters on offense including every kid who touched the football last year. That was a pretty awful offense, so we got our work cut out for us. We are going to be very young and we are going to play very hard. We are going to make lots of mistakes. I think we can be better than folks predict, and I can promise we will be fun to watch. No prediction on wins, but we will be excitingly young and we will compete".

Trust me on this, I talk to people who are into CFB across the country and they know we are a joke. They also read those national mags and articles that predicted we'd be awful. They all say, "yeah, but this is going to make you guys scare in 2-3 years".

It's a shame our fan base was setup by Embree to expect so much more. With that said, I expected to start 2-0, but I also expected close games. I didn't see more than a win or two after that and that was based on surprising someone at home here.

There was no positive gain by setting expectations for a bowl game. Let your play on the field do the talking and in the press, undersell your team. The only thing I can think of (and at the time as well) was that he was trying to boost confidence. Dumb move. Confidence is boosted when you actually do it, not when someone tells you that you can do it.

Now that I'm over the shock and awe that are csu and sacramento st., I'm backing off the upsetness with Embo a little. But I just do not see how this program gets turned without some huge facility improvement announcement or something of that magnitude. Do you guys believe such an announcement could breathe new life into Embo and the program?

Now that I'm over the shock and awe that are csu and sacramento st., I'm backing off the upsetness with Embo a little. But I just do not see how this program gets turned without some huge facility improvement announcement or something of that magnitude. Do you guys believe such an announcement could breathe new life into Embo and the program?

Facility announcement isn't going to help these coaches learn how to coach.

I don't think this staff lacks energy or life so I'm not sure facilities makes a big impact there, but it would certainly be a shot in the arm for a fan base that is desperate for anything positive to be excited about, and it provide the coaches something to sell recruits that probably aren't very excited about CU right now.

Ah yes, let's blame the fans who have shown up year after year with this chinese fire drill of a program the last 6-7 years.

Excuses are for delusional imps. You're the reason hawk got 5 years,

YOU!!!!!!!! YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me start by saying the posters on this board are delusional.

You my friends, suck

We have a horrible reputation across the country because of you, Not because of the product on the field, because of you. you know who you are

Fail. You guys don't have a terrible reputation. You guys have a great history and I can see why you demand excellence out of your program.

no zona..... you are too new, he pretty much pegged that one. :devil: Good to see a CU fan finally come clean, I only wish we (NU and CU) were still in the B12 so I could properly enjoy this thread.:finger2:

Last edited:
I was kind of hoping Flyer would make another drunken appearance tonight, but then I realized I laughed plenty last night following this thread.

Ah yes, let's blame the fans who have shown up year after year with this chinese fire drill of a program the last 6-7 years.

Excuses are for delusional imps. You're the reason hawk got 5 years,

YOU!!!!!!!! YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
So, Flyer is actually Bruce Benson?

I don't get this thread at all. Given the football product we have been subjected to for the last 7 years I think the core of the CU fanbase is one of the most loyal in the nation.

Haven't read any other replies, so may be repeating...

Why the fans at CU are the reason why we are so bad
Yes, we put a ****** product on the field for 7 years. We hire the coaches, recruit the players and motivate them.

Man, if we were better fans this team of average BCS football players would be world-beaters!!!

We have a horrible reputation across the country because of you, Not because of the product on the field, because of you. you know who you are
Really? We are so irrelevant how could we possibly have a reputation? I hear the Duke and Indiana fans are terrible too!!!

buffaloflyer...time to take flying leap...

Let me start by saying the posters on this board are delusional.

We're two fgames into Embree's second season and everyone on here is ready to throw in the towel. I guess I blame it on youth, Not football team youth but fans who are posting being members of the me generation. Hire a new coach and we'll win today, We'll be top 25 today. We're so much better than an FCS team, we should have won by twenty, We're so much better than a non-BCS team we should win by thirty.

Forget that we have freshman all over the field. Two starting at corner, wide receiver, Tupou is hella good and he's in a ffffflot. You guys are a bunch of delusional imps who have so much to learn about college football that I have to cut you slack for your complete ignorance, You will learn the beauty of college football is the parity. Bad coaching is HWSNBN losing games because of 13 penalties for 201 yards. Bad coaching is never letting your team get pissed off for losing. Bad fans are those who blame the players for a loss at Iowa State in 2005 which was clearly stolen by one crooked ref. Or blaming players for a collapse vs Texas which was clearly the result of an obsessed Boulder DA. You fans don't know the history except the box scores from the glory days. You wont shell out one nickel to improve facilities which are already being funded and built by better alumni who don't suck like you

You my friends, suck

Um, yeah, you're an idiot.

Thats the biggest crock of **** ever, Yankees have the most money that the OWNERS are willing to spend, by far the worst fanbase in the league, Redsox have won once in 200,000 years, the SEC has the best recruiting base outside of California, the Lakers have the smartest ownership in the league.....YOU

Actually the Red Sox have won twice and it was an 86 year drought.

I was kind of hoping Flyer would make another drunken appearance tonight, but then I realized I laughed plenty last night following this thread.

I really don't think we are going to hear much more from this guy. He shot off his mouth once and in the process slammed the greatest percentage of this boards members. He is no doubt quite satisfied with his handiwork and pretty impressed with himself about now. That's what it was all about to begin with, making a splash.

I really don't think we are going to hear much more from this guy. He shot off his mouth once and in the process slammed the greatest percentage of this boards members. He is no doubt quite satisfied with his handiwork and pretty impressed with himself about now. That's what it was all about to begin with, making a splash.

Wait, wut?

Who is trying to weasel themself out of bad fan status?

------>YOU

Once you have been tagged, BuffFlyer's stain is hard to remove. It's on your permanent record, Mr. Swish aka F.I.M.

Wait, wut?

Who is trying to weasel themself out of bad fan status?

------>YOU

Once you have been tagged, BuffFlyer's stain is hard to remove. It's on your permanent record, Mr. Swish aka F.I.M.

:lol: I actually beat the chump to the punch in calling myself a bad fan about a week before he got to it.

Wish I could say I could put my heart into this program but not today. I'm a failure as a fan because I'm not going to dump much emotion into this until things change. Colorado football just isn't any fun anymore.

Oh, and I'll be "Swish" again just as soon as the Buffs start winning again and I'm no longer a -
Fan
In
Mourning

But I'll still be a pretty crummy fan all things considered. How could I be any good and still lurk here.
Allbuffs has always been where the dregs of Buff society meet.

typical buff fans sittin on your fat asses watching the games on cable while you bitch and moan that we're not top 25, you got shut down so now I'm a plant from the AD, you don't like being called out for an empty stadium that ALL MISSED the 64 yard td from Powell, lets hear a few more douchebag bombs, it don't bother me, I already knew you were worthless, you suck and we'll suck as long as you continue to suck, until the AD finally hits gold like he did with Boyle, then it BANDWAGON city...I watched the game and I'll be watching again on Saturday and every Saturday content to know I never threw my coach under the bus because he had the balls to field freshman all over the field, knowing it would pay off for you lackluster win-it-all-now, thankless, worthless, do-nothing bunch of peabodies

typical buff fans sittin on your fat asses watching the games on cable while you bitch and moan that we're not top 25, you got shut down so now I'm a plant from the AD, you don't like being called out for an empty stadium that ALL MISSED the 64 yard td from Powell, lets hear a few more douchebag bombs, it don't bother me, I already knew you were worthless, you suck and we'll suck as long as you continue to suck, until the AD finally hits gold like he did with Boyle, then it BANDWAGON city...I watched the game and I'll be watching again on Saturday and every Saturday content to know I never threw my coach under the bus because he had the balls to field freshman all over the field, knowing it would pay off for you lackluster win-it-all-now, thankless, worthless, do-nothing bunch of peabodies

Not trying to be rude here, I'm just honestly curious what you do that makes you such a good fan.

Look, I've been patient with you. But nobody, and I mean NOBODY calls me a peabody!

Back