What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Why you don't go negative on recruits after they commit elsewhere

When a player chooses another school over CU it hurts my feelings too. Those players owe me an apology.

J/K. Not good to be a sore loser in a recruiting battle. It appears to be worse, however, when an in-state kid goes out of state. Especially in a state like Colorado where there is only one choice. (Yes, I said that with malicious intent.)

Any kid who decides not to go to CU when he has the opportunity to do so is on my list. On the list, dammit.

Any kid who decides not to go to CU when he has the opportunity to do so is on my list. On the list, dammit.
Its most likely bad parenting. They probably let their kids sit in the basement playing Skyrim.

Also think of a kid who is looking into CU. His friend already committed elsewhere and we rip his friend apart. Does that kid still hold CU as high as he did before?
This. Unless we're trying to turn the commit from his choice, we don't really care all that much about him. But what about the blue chip junior on his HS team that is watching his recruitment - "those fans are assholes, they turned on my buddy - when he had such nice things to say about the school, and he even told me it was very hard decision - there's no way I'm even listening to those jerks next year..."

Its most likely bad parenting. They probably let their kids sit in the basement playing Skyrim.

I dunno. Maybe bad parenting. But I'm usually certain that if an athlete commits elsewhere, it is due to a lack of talent.

I'm generally willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and figure that they just haven't been adequately informed about how bad of a decision they're making.

At a minimum, they lack talent for picking the right school.

I'm generally willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and figure that they just haven't been adequately informed about how bad of a decision they're making.

No, I'm pretty sure that it's because they suck.

Also, I've noticed, there's usually a better athlete for the same position that we're already recruiting.

No, I'm pretty sure that it's because they suck.

Also, I've noticed, there's usually a better athlete for the same position that we're already recruiting.

And if there isn't we can find a walk-on who can take their place?

everyone needs to calm down, take a deep breath and take a chill pill. Reading way to much into all this and remember until that letter comes over the fax machine, its not over and till the FAT lady sings - oh and by the way, they could still transfer in or out?

everyone needs to calm down, take a deep breath and take a chill pill. Reading way to much into all this and remember until that letter comes over the fax machine, its not over and till the FAT lady sings - oh and by the way, they could still transfer in or out?
Yeah Wally, calme down!

If you can't handle the the fair, unfair or dumb-ass comments then maybe you should put down the phone. I don't approve of bashing a recruit for picking a different school other than CU but creating a twitter following then expecting all of the followers to be supportive and understanding is unrealistic. You have to take the good with the bad.

For every page of recruit bashing out there you can find 20 pages of posters who are excited to have them as a part of its incoming class. Those are the people who are going to support you during your college career so that's who you need to be concerned with.

I had an amazing response to this but unfortunately my hands are not working as fast as my brain at 1am and I lost my message due to my session timed out. Am I the only one this happens to? Perhaps not writing a novel for a response would resolve my issue!

Since I don't want to time out again, I will make this quick -

Most kids do not read the posts but this world is getting smaller and the info is hand fed to them. In Walker's case the ugly posts about him were copy and pasted to his facebook page. He does not have a twitter account, the information about the postings on Dawgman after he committed to Wisconsin were shared with him by others. He did not seek it out nor does he visit fan sites. It's a small world for these recruits and once you're in this world you realize just how small it is. One poster on Allbuffs commented that the kids get to know each other at camps and combine's, true. Our family also hosts an annual BBQ for NW recruits and this past year we had a great turn out and 18 of the kids went D1 from coast to coast and 5 played (or playing) in All-American bowls this week so friendships are formed. They talk.

Walker's comments (as eloquent as they were...) were only meant to support his friend and tell him to blow off the few fanatical fans that are upset that he is going out of state. We experienced some of the same response so Walker is aware of what KR is going through. We even received some hate mail and phone calls after he committed out of state. His comment to KR was not about UW or the football program, simply a message stating to ignore the few fanatical fans. After hearing the same negitive comments after 4 key instate players announced they were leaving the state, they are frustrated and they do talk and many times the comments are personal, which is where this one with KR went wrong. Nothing can prepare you for the responses on some of the home team forums- we were not aware that anyone would notice Walker's decision. Walker is just a big kid from a small Christian school that loves to play football and wants a great education and have some fun. Oh were we in for a surprise!

As a parent and a devout college football fan, I have a dozen or so kids on my "hot list" so I receive notifications when there are new articles or information available on them but other than that the only sites I follow is Allbuffs and Badgernation. Allbuffs because we connected with the program and completely believe it's on a path to greatness and Badgernation for obvious reasons although lately it's more about seeing who left...

For the one poster that asked why would someone continue to go on a forum after a player made a commitment elsewhere, the answer in our case is because we connected with the program at CU and believe it is on to something really special. We are fans just like you regardless of where Walker goes. We already have hotel reservations for a game next year in Boulder, all we need is a tailgate party -

Keep doing what you do Allbuffs, vent when you're frustrated because a hometown kid is leaving but you always do it with class. (Or humor!) When I need a good laugh, I log onto Allbuffs...

Last edited:
I had an amazing response to this but unfortunately my hands are not working as fast as my brain at 1am and I lost my message due to my session timed out. Am I the only one this happens to? Perhaps not writing a novel for a response would resolve my issue!

Most kids do not read the posts but this world is getting smaller and the info is hand fed to them. In Walker's case the ugly posts about him were copy and pasted to his facebook page. He does not have a twitter account, the information about the postings on Dawgman after he committed to Wisconsin were shared with him by others. He did not seek it out nor does he visit fan sites. It's a small world for these recruits and once you're in this world you realize just how small it is. One poster on Allbuffs commented that the kids get to know each other at camps and combine's, true. Our family also hosts an annual BBQ for NW recruits and this past year we had a great turn out and 18 of the kids went D1 from coast to coast and 5 played (or playing) in All-American bowls this week so friendships are formed. They talk.

Walker's comments (as eloquent as they were...) were only meant to support his friend and tell him to blow off the few fanatical fans that are upset that he is going out of state. We experienced some of the same response so Walker is aware of what KR is going through. We even received some hate mail and phone calls after he committed out of state. His comment to KR was not about UW or the football program, simply a message stating to ignore the few fanatical fans. After hearing the same negitive comments after 4 key instate players announced they were leaving the state, they are frustrated and they do talk and many times the comments are personal, which is where this one with KR went wrong. Nothing can prepare you for the responses on some of the home team forums- we were not aware that anyone would notice Walker's decision. Walker is just a big kid from a small Christian school that loves to play football and wants a great education and have some fun. Oh were we in for a surprise!

As a parent and a devout college football fan, I have a dozen or so kids on my "hot list" so I receive notifications when there are new articles or information available on them but other than that the only sites I follow is Allbuffs and Badgernation. Allbuffs because we connected with the program and completely believe it's on a path to greatness and Badgernation for obvious reasons although lately it's more about seeing who left...

For the one poster that asked why would someone continue to go on a forum after a player made a commitment elsewhere, the answer in our case is because we connected with the program at CU and believe it is on to something really special. We are fans just like you regardless of where Walker goes. We already have hotel reservations for a game next year in Boulder, all we need is a tailgate party -

Keep doing what you do Allbuffs, vent when you're frustrated because a hometown kid is leaving but you always do it with class. (Or humor!) When I need a good laugh, I log onto Allbuffs...

Thanks very much for those insights.

I'm thinking someone around here can get you hooked up with a tailgate for next year too...

DoWork, as usual, provides insight and guidance for us. I'm all the way on this band wagon. It's one thing to mix it up in here with people who are active contributors, but when it comes to the boys we're recruiting, we can only set the example in how we treat them.

I forgot to mention that our staff is totally stable! And we really like linemen in this class.

Last edited:

DoWork, once again you prove your total Allsome-ness.

Have I told you lately that I love you?
Have I told you there's no one else above you?
Fill my heart with gladness,
take away all my sadness,
Ease my troubles,
that's what you do.

DoWork, once again you prove your total Allsome-ness.

Have I told you lately that I love you?
Have I told you there's no one else above you?
Fill my heart with gladness,
take away all my sadness,
Ease my troubles,
that's what you do.
:puke: :lol:

true slogan of AB

Hey guys.

Boise State fan here. Long time lurker because of some of the interesting discussion regarding mutually pursued recruits, first time registering to post because I found the topic in question to be of more general interest and some very good insights from the TC. I realize that I'm in somewhat hostile territory and Colorado fans don't particularly like Boise State, but I'm hoping I can hang around a little bit now and then and give you a perspective from my school. Thanks for having me on your board.

I think this is right on the money and I think you can find examples on LOTS of fanbases guilty of this approach. Kind of human nature really to change things around in your head after you get "dumped" so to speak, but it shouldn't lead to being dishonest for why you were going after an individual in the first place. A lot of these kids are rare talents who, through a combination of hard work, genetics, environment, whatever have EARNED the right to have a lot of good choices when they're selecting a school.

When you get right down to it, not many of us have a similar opportunity come up that often in our lives. How often do you have, say, ten different schools (or employers if you will) all begging for your services and talking about what they can offer you and what they can do for you? Truth be told, there often isn't really a wrong choice, there's merely a choice that is MOST RIGHT for what a particular individual is looking for at that stage of their life. Are they looking for the best academic reputation? Are they looking for the highest rated football program? The longest tradition? Best facilities?

Hottest cheerleaders?

Really, these are not robots being recruited but actual individuals who have different priorities. Just because they don't choose your particular school doesn't necessarily mean that they are making the wrong decision FOR THEM.

Hey guys.

Boise State fan here. Long time lurker because of some of the interesting discussion regarding mutually pursued recruits, first time registering to post because I found the topic in question to be of more general interest and some very good insights from the TC. I realize that I'm in somewhat hostile territory and Colorado fans don't particularly like Boise State, but I'm hoping I can hang around a little bit now and then and give you a perspective from my school. Thanks for having me on your board.

I think this is right on the money and I think you can find examples on LOTS of fanbases guilty of this approach. Kind of human nature really to change things around in your head after you get "dumped" so to speak, but it shouldn't lead to being dishonest for why you were going after an individual in the first place. A lot of these kids are rare talents who, through a combination of hard work, genetics, environment, whatever have EARNED the right to have a lot of good choices when they're selecting a school.

When you get right down to it, not many of us have a similar opportunity come up that often in our lives. How often do you have, say, ten different schools (or employers if you will) all begging for your services and talking about what they can offer you and what they can do for you? Truth be told, there often isn't really a wrong choice, there's merely a choice that is MOST RIGHT for what a particular individual is looking for at that stage of their life. Are they looking for the best academic reputation? Are they looking for the highest rated football program? The longest tradition? Best facilities?

Hottest cheerleaders?

Really, these are not robots being recruited but actual individuals who have different priorities. Just because they don't choose your particular school doesn't necessarily mean that they are making the wrong decision FOR THEM.

How did you reach the conclusion that most buff fans don't like Boise State. You will find that most of us are indifferent, don't even Boise exist. But i must say Boise State got to make the move to the Big 12, it is difficult to respect a team that plays a cupcake schedule year in and year out.

How did you reach the conclusion that most buff fans don't like Boise State. You will find that most of us are indifferent, don't even Boise exist. But i must say Boise State got to make the move to the Big 12, it is difficult to respect a team that plays a cupcake schedule year in and year out.
You suck. so much. Hypocrite. Just be honest and hate that ****** school with its gimmick field, ****** schedule, and bull**** aspirations that sent us the worst ****ing coach in CU history.

Did anyone else have a lot of trouble reason this?

Back