What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Why you should attend CU women's basketball games

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Sure, if you’re looking for high flying dunk-filled action, you’re not going to get any in the women’s game this side of Brittney Griner. But if you want to dive into the statistics, you’ll find that the women’s basketball team last year was not only even with the men’s basketball team, but in some ways superior.

They averaged a full point less per game than the men’s team (69.2 to the men’s 70.2), but the women’s team outscored their opponents by an average of 5.7 points per game, which is more than double the men’s scoring margin of +2.0. The women’s team also managed to out-steal, out-block and out-assist their opponents overall, which is something the men’s team failed to accomplish on all three accounts.

That is a far cry from the low-scoring, low-fundamental contests many college basketball fans expect from a women’s basketball game. The reason they expect this is because, unfortunately, too many fans have never taken the time to watch a women’s basketball game.

Read more... http://cuindependent.com/2014/10/07...-tier-basketball-womens-basketball-team/55835

Preach.

Also, these women are great representatives of the University, and one of the most successful programs on campus, historically. Give a game a try this year, if only to show your support for the work they put in.

Anyone who thinks women's hoops doesn't display solid fundamentals doesn't know ****. From a basketball purist perspective, it arguably displays a more fundamentally sound product than the men's game.

Anyone who thinks women's hoops doesn't display solid fundamentals doesn't know ****. From a basketball purist perspective, it arguably displays a more fundamentally sound product than the men's game.

My sentiments exactly. It's the reason I've had season tickets for the women's games since they first started selling them and have attended games since the first game the program played. Oh, the good old days of the bus rides to Salina for the Big 8 tournaments. Sometimes we had a fantastic time because we won and sometimes we turned around to come home the next day. The bus driver was great. He enjoyed the trips and requested to be our driver. He'd take us anywhere in Salina we needed to go.

This team needs support every bit as much as the men's team. They work every bit as hard as the men's team. There is a very, very small chance of any one of these players making big bucks by going pro. To make money, they have to go overseas and that opportunity is not available to every player and not every player wants to play overseas. Even Griner did not like playing in China and she lived in a fancy hotel while her teammates lived in a dorm.

Since I have moved to Iowa, I have kept my season tickets. I still dream of moving back or getting a big windfall and being able to spend an entire season in Boulder. If anybody would like a ticket to the game, feel free to contact me. I can't find the ticket transfer on CU's website. It looks like Stub Hub is their thing this year and that is ridiculous. I don't want to sell them. I would like to give them away to let somebody enjoy the game.

Futurama's take on Women's Basketball:
Kug: We no can dunk, but good fundamentals.
Ornik: That more fun to watch.

Take my daughter to as many Pac or Top 25 opponents as we can get to and have for years. She fondly remembers her time with Ceal at a girls' basketball camp.

I think the main thing is to avoid comparing it to the men's game. With men being taller, bigger, stronger, faster and more explosive... but playing on the same size court with the same rim height... it's just a different game.

I like the men's game a lot better. But I still enjoy the women's game quite a lot.

I think the main thing is to avoid comparing it to the men's game. With men being taller, bigger, stronger, faster and more explosive... but playing on the same size court with the same rim height... it's just a different game.

I like the men's game a lot better. But I still enjoy the women's game quite a lot.

Yeah, telling people the women are more fundamentally sound than the men, and that should excite them, doesn't work. It's a very different game. All that said, GO BUFFS!

I have always supported the Womens team. Some years more than others but I enjoy going to their games. It is definitely a different game than Mens Bball but still fun!

I think I am on the extreme end of fandome though. I get excited and enjoy all sports where the players have a Buffalo on their chest. If CU had a tiddly winks team I would probably buy tickets to some matches.

Back