What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Widest margin of defeat this season.

boydbuff

Club Member
Club Member
In another thread on recruiting one of the ABers talked about not wanting recruits to witness a 40 point beatdown.

I don't personally think we will lose by that much to anyone this year. Here is why:

1.) Our players have more time in the system (except of course our sensational 2012 class:)
2.) Our defense has to be better than last year. I mean, Embree and GB nearly started asking band members if they could fill at DB last year.
3.) Our offense should be on the field longer because our running game, with a larger stable of RBs and some young talented FBs

I predict we won't lose by more than 30 points to Oregon and USC. In fact I think one of those games will actually be under 20.

I think we'll get blown out at least once (30+). Mostly because Embree plays to win, not to keep it close. I wouldn't expect him to just take the air out of the ball against our high powered opponents in order to get a loss that looks good in the Sunday papers.

we could have lost to Oregon at home by 70 last year. They'll beat us in their house on that turf by 50 or more unless Kelly takes his foot off the gas.

Colorado v Oregon score: 3 to however many Oregon wants to score. Chip Kelly seems like a cool guy, so they'll hit the brakes for us. My guess...48-3. Hope I'm wrong.

Wow you guys suck-not even in August, we haven't even scrimmaged yet, and you are already defeatists. I hoped at last one of you guys would be even more optimistic and say we will upset one of them :nod:

I didn't mean that noone would score 40 on us I meant that I was counting on (or maybe just hoping) someone else with rose coloured glasses would back me up and say noone will beat us by 40. I wouldn't necessarily bet my paycheck on that statement, but...

We are going to be way better on defense than we were last year but that still won't help. Oregon and SC will be the ones who decide what the margin of victory is in those games. We "may" be able to stop them on one or two possessions without them making a mistake were last year their mistake was our only hope of stopping them if they wanted to score. Even with that it just means that it may be the end of the third quarter when they decide to take the foot off the gas instead of the first fine minutes of the third quarter.

Last year the PAC schools that laid it on us all shut it down fairly early. This year Oregon is mad about not getting a shot at the NC last year and USC has a legit shot at the NC game. Both may decide to see if they can get some extra time on Sportcenter, if so we are looking at an ugly scoreboard.

I'm just hoping we don't get blown out by mediocre teams this year. Ohio St, UW, ASU, and UCLA were hard to watch.

I'm just hoping we don't get blown out by mediocre teams this year. Ohio St, UW, ASU, and UCLA were hard to watch.

^^This^^

Anyone with sense knows we are in trouble against USC and OU, how we play against the middle type teams will show if we are making progress.

We actually will match up reasonably well with USC. I could see it being a closer than the score indicates type game.

Oregon is just a flat-out awful matchup for us.

We actually will match up reasonably well with USC. I could see it being a closer than the score indicates type game.

Oregon is just a flat-out awful matchup for us.

what makes you think we match up better this year than last year?

what makes you think we match up better this year than last year?

Healthier on defense and presumably stronger at TE. If there is one game on the schedule to highlight the new TE/FB talent, it will be against USC's linebackers.

And this discussion belongs in the recruiting forum because ????????????????????/

Obviously someone agreed with me since it has now been moved out of "recruiting" and into the general football message board.

Last edited:
If we can turn things around against UW, ASU and UCLA after last year's debacles (those games were extremely painful to watch--I still can't believe we managed to beat Utah after the UCLA beatdown) I don't really care about Oregon and USC. Realistically, we're a ways off from competing with them. As long as Kelly stays at Oregon and keeps winning/recruiting like he's been, Oregon will be a tough win for a long time. I'm more hopeful that we'll catch USC. They might be recruiting lights out, but I'm still not sold on Kiffin.

And this discussion belongs in the recruiting forum because ????????????????????/

How we play on the field this year could mean a lot in finishing this class strong and getting a solid start on next years.

We have to be able to show recruits that we are making progress, give them a reason to believe that if they come to CU by the time they leave bowl games will be expected, not hoped for. Show that we are on the right track.

Wins are the best solution to this issue but with where we are now how we lose could make a difference as well. Does it look like we are close enough that a few more good players could make a difference.

Oregon scored 30 points in the first quarter last year. They are liable to score 80 on us this year.

This thread is ****astic. Wtf kind of defeatist attitude would even cause some one to ask this question? Will we lose, yes. So what. Losing by one point is pain enough.

This is like masturbating with sandpaper. And not in the good way.

This thread is ****astic. Wtf kind of defeatist attitude would even cause some one to ask this question? Will we lose, yes. So what. Losing by one point is pain enough.

This is like masturbating with sandpaper. And not in the good way.

There's a good way to do that? spill it, man. You don't just put that out there and not fill us in.

Back