What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wild, Unsubstantiated Rumor

First this is not going to happen any time soon. IE next 5 years. If it does happen it will be the end of the current big 12. If CU leaves look for MU and possibly ISU to leave for the big 10. The big 12 would add a TCU and one other school and look even more like the old SWC. The PAC 10 would need another school to go with CU, Utah being the best choice, but they won't leave without BYU.

All that said. Games in anywhere is Cali and AZ are better road trips than most big 12 towns.

I don't think this happens, but I wouldn't mind it.

I'm kind of coming around to that way of thinking myself. Strange, because just a couple years ago I would have been dead set against the idea. It's definitely growing on me now. That, of course, means it will NEVER happen. :lol:

ISU would bolt in a heartbeat if they could. I think the same goes for Mizzou as well. However, there is absolutely no way the Big10 takes them. Iowa doesn't want them in, their academics aren't up to Big10 standards and they don't bring a mass market with them (Iowa is small and Iowa already has their "flagship" university in the Big 10). Mizzou is a much better fit for the Big10 since they'd get 2 major TV markets or I bet they'd go further east (Syracuse anyone?)

Yea, I'm pretty sure the Big 11 has zero interest in ISU.

Is it just me who hates the spread offense because it ain't real football? I miss the days of the I-Bone and I believe the Pac-10 somehow has more teams running traditional offenses.

Is it just me who hates the spread offense because it ain't real football? I miss the days of the I-Bone and I believe the Pac-10 somehow has more teams running traditional offenses.

I agree the Pac has more traditional O's than the Big XII (remember when the conventional wisdom in the Big 8 was you couldn't throw the ball in places like Lincoln or Manhattan?...and then, people meant like aerial circus numbers like 20-25 attempts per game).

i miss the option but a lot of people used to miss the set shot and thought the dunk was "cheap". games change. i don't like that today a game with two committed spread teams (Missouri vs. Tech) lasts like 4 hours with all the stops in play/playclock and constant breaks in the action (commercials). no continuity. in that sense, the spread is a network/advertisers dream O.

Last edited:
I'm kind of coming around to that way of thinking myself. Strange, because just a couple years ago I would have been dead set against the idea. It's definitely growing on me now. That, of course, means it will NEVER happen. :lol:

Too bad your bank already handed out its allotment of unicorns last year. You could have bred it and given them to the Regents, President and Chancellor to have their lobby for us to get into the Pac10.

Look at the BIG picture next time. It's not often you get a unicorn, well, unless you are a potential 5* RB.

Back