1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will CU win 2 of the next 5 to become bowl eligible?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by buffsyko, Oct 19, 2008.

1. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Mizzouri- Uh, Loss. think they will be taking out frustrations after 2 straight losses? Our offense can't score.

Texas a&m- Huge game to determine our bowl fate. A&m offense is almost as bad as ours and we have a much better defense,problem is it's on the ROAD. I will not post hawk's road record,no since in depressing anyone after a win. Loss.

Iowa state -Home and they scored only 7 at home on the pinkshirts.WIN

Oklahoma state- Losseven if we "hold" them to 24 points,our offense won't score enough.

Nebraska- Loss, they hung 51 on us last year and it's on the ROAD.We will not hold them to 13 points sooo, our 14 points won't get it done.

Someone please tell me we are going to have a wiining season in year 3 and go to a bowl and dispute my post, I'm hoping for a 3-2 finish.

2. buffsfan01

buffsfan01 Member

i think our buffs will be in a bowl game this year..but only if hansen gets more playing time...

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

yes. we will win one we shouldn't and lose one we shouldn't.

4. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

We'll win 2 more and I think we have an outside shot at winning 3 more.

5. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

CU is unbeaten under Hawkins in the state of Texas. 2 wins, no losses.

6. Coloradosker

Coloradosker Active Member

Mizzou and OSU are sure losses, but you should beat aTm and ISU. Both of them are terrible. ISU managed to shut down NU's running game in the first half but we absolutely killed them with the short passing game. Their offense is mediocre at best. I expected Arnaud to at least hurt us a little with his legs. Did not happen. aTm is simply awful. I realize playing in CS can be a bit intimidating, but even the worst of the worst have gone in there and beaten them like dogs.
    The NU game will be a tossup as I see it right now. Nebraska has looked much improved over the past couple of weeks but who knows what happens if we get it handed to us by KU and OU. The only advantage is having it in Lincoln, but if you look at the past 10 years or so, no one has played us better in Lincoln as a dog.
    I think you guys get enough to make a bowl.

7. Buffocrat

Buffocrat Member

My hope is to get the strength and conditioning program started on Dec 1st

No bowl

8. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

You're hoping for no bowl? You do realize that bowl teams get several WEEKS of additional practices that aren't available to non-bowl teams? This team needs all the practices it can get.

9. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

:confused:

10. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

We WILL beat A&M BOOK IT!

First of all, Hawk is undefeated in the state of Texas. Second, We historically have done well in College Station. Third, A&M is bad, CU is good. CU will take this, home wont mean **** for the aggies.

We will also beat ISU, and NU is a toss up, 6-7 wins in the regular season is a very likely. I will be shocked if we don't get 6 wins. We are not that bad and you are an idiot if you think otherwise. Our D is playing great and with Hansen more points will come on offense.

11. Buffocrat

Buffocrat Member

15 practices with some players that won't be around next year and some players not healthy enough to practice that will be around next year.

I don't see the advantage of extra practices when they then get two to three months off to forget what they learned. Plus everything will be pretty new next fall considering their will be a new offensive and defensive line in place. All those 280 pound offensive linemen and 265 pound defensive linemen
    (I believe most of them are regardless of what's listed) can have a full effort gaining weight and gaining strength beginning on December 1st.

Oh and I don't see them winning another game outside of ISU (if that). Serious lack of speed, experience and discipline to ask for much more....

And before anyone questions my loyalty, I've been a diehard with this team for 20 years. Will be traveling to a couple of roadgames in the near future. I've just accepted the reality of what this team is (there's a ceiling to the potential of the program).

12. Duff Man

Yeah! Practice never helps anyone! Screw those seniors, we don't want no stinking bowl game!

:lol:

13. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

The Buffs pull an upset over Mizzou or Okie State, and win 2 of 3 versus ISU/A&M/NU to finish with 7 victories and a trip to the Insight Bowl....

14. Bone Buff

Bone Buff Well-Known Member

Yeah. All 3 of them on the starting offense.

(Our offensive Seniors: Patrick Williams, Daniel Sanders, Maurice Cantrell)

15. Duff Man

I was talking in general. I appreciate all the hard work that the seniors have put forth through some very challenging times for our football team. I want them to get a chance to play in one more bowl game.

16. Buffocrat

Buffocrat Member

I'm just sayin......positions for 2009 won't be decided during these 15 practices. Give these guys an extra month to rest, eat, and get stronger. Playing Duke in the Texas Bowl or I dunno Southern Miss in the Lake Erie Bowl does not help!

Plus they can concentrate on recruiting full time. Again.....the Texas Bowl's not going to convince Shaq Evans or somebody like that the program is on the up and up

17. Duff Man

So what if positions are not decided in that timeframe? You honestly think more practices for our young team is going to be detrimental?

As far as recruiting, a bowl game certainly looks better than no bowl game. Also, the recruiting dead period takes up a pretty significant chunk of that time anyway, so there's only so much they can do on the recruiting front. If there is one thing to know about this staff, it is that they will never be out-worked in recruiting.

18. Bone Buff

Bone Buff Well-Known Member

Heh, that was misplaced, I was referring to the reference about how practices with players leaving isn't going to help.

19. Duff Man

Gotcha.:thumbsup:

20. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

WTF?

You don't mean what I think you mean, do you?

21. Buffocrat

Buffocrat Member

And that is?

22. Idot Buff

I think he is saying that we will never make it back to prominence....

23. 87toInfinity

87toInfinity Well-Known Member

While I hate that attitude, it is a valid opinion. We had a good 2001 season, but nothing to brag about since then, or up to then after the '94 season. It has been a long streak of mediocre teams, I hope we can break it though. Also, we always talk about returning to dominance soon, while at the same time talking about how *ebraska will never get back to what they were in the 90s...are we being hypocritical or just good Buff fans?

24. Buffocrat

Buffocrat Member

Unfortunately yes

Unless there's a T Boone Pickens type awaiting in the wings
    And the University will basically bend over backwards for the football team

It will be damn near impossible to be "prominent" ala perennial top 10.

25. DesertDawg526

DesertDawg526 Resident Dawg Club Member

CU will finish with 7 wins, 8 after the bowl-win!

:smile2:

26. Idot Buff

That is not prominence or dominance...we need consistent 10 win seasons with premier bowl games.

27. SJBuff

If that's the case that's pretty cynical ( and shytty if you ask me). If he thinks the buffs will never be really good again why watch at all?

28. Idot Buff

Are you really Tom Selleck? I heard you had a heli-pad at LAX. Very cool....

29. SJBuff

Wow!

You know Coach Hawk would kick your ass for having an attitude like that.
    "If you don't believe brotha, why did you get on this train? You gotta believe brotha!":gobuffs:

30. SJBuff

I'm the spitting image of him...except shorter, fatter and without the good looks or money. I do have a friend who flies helicopters but we haven't solved any murders yet this year.