What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Will CU win 2 of the next 5 to become bowl eligible?

Uh, wouldn't that be "our" favorite team homey??

No,

He sees his team one way: The hard work and struggle will pay off and the Buffs will eventually be one of the best teams in the country.

I see my team another: I appreciate the hard work and fully support the team, but until the culture changes and they are able to recruit like every single team in the Big 12 and SEC, the Buffs will always look more like Kansas and less like Texas.

They just happen to be the same team.

And I'd rather agree to disagree instead of resorting to name calling

Meh... this year has been disappointing for several reasons. Why?

Players that a lot of us expected to be making MAJOR contributions aren't for one reason or another:

Katoa
Major
Miller
MTM
Scott
Simas
Celestine
Kai
Tau
The tight ends in general
Polk

There's a laundry list of issues why these players aren't contributing. It's just unfortunate that they aren't.

Were even 2/3rds of these players healthy/playing/contributing I think CU would be a different team this year.

Meh... this year has been disappointing for several reasons. Why?

Players that a lot of us expected to be making MAJOR contributions aren't for one reason or another:

Katoa
Major
Miller
MTM
Scott
Simas
Celestine
Kai
Tau
The tight ends in general
Polk

There's a laundry list of issues why these players aren't contributing. It's just unfortunate that they aren't.

Were even 2/3rds of these players healthy/playing/contributing I think CU would be a different team this year.

I think those three are likely the biggest losses.

Mizzouri- Uh, Loss. think they will be taking out frustrations after 2 straight losses? Our offense can't score.

Texas a&m- Huge game to determine our bowl fate. A&m offense is almost as bad as ours and we have a much better defense,problem is it's on the ROAD. I will not post hawk's road record,no since in depressing anyone after a win. Loss.

Iowa state -Home and they scored only 7 at home on the pinkshirts.WIN

Oklahoma state- Losseven if we "hold" them to 24 points,our offense won't score enough.

Nebraska- Loss, they hung 51 on us last year and it's on the ROAD.We will not hold them to 13 points sooo, our 14 points won't get it done.

Someone please tell me we are going to have a wiining season in year 3 and go to a bowl and dispute my post, I'm hoping for a 3-2 finish.

I agree Mizzou and OK State may be ugky. Mizzou will be fired up ate home. Neb and aTM look better than expected and on the road may present a problem. I state no problemo. I say 3 wins with luck but more likely 2.

No,

He sees his team one way: The hard work and struggle will pay off and the Buffs will eventually be one of the best teams in the country.

I see my team another: I appreciate the hard work and fully support the team, but until the culture changes and they are able to recruit like every single team in the Big 12 and SEC, the Buffs will always look more like Kansas and less like Texas.

Factually you make some valid points in your posts. There are many things changing in college football that are a shame. That more and more money being dumped into programs is a fact, nonetheless it is taking away the sport and charm of the game. The offenses are getting more cliche and copied just like the pro’s. I could go on and on.
The offense you commit sir (since you don’t like to resort to name calling) is in your too pragmatic approach. You come on this board, a board filled with people truly passionate about the Buffs and you trample their hopes, dreams, and desires with your “practical” the Buffs will never again amount to a hill of beans attitude.
If you really are a Buff fan I think you’ll find much more enjoyment in life if you take the time to dream a little. Based on your posts I have a hard time seeing you find much passion in anything, other than debating. You sure take the air out of any fun or passion associated with the Colorado Buffalo football program. The worst of it is you act like you are doing us a favor dumping this “that’s the way it is folks” junk all over us.
Maybe in time you’ll find your niche on this board, other true characters and oddities have. But for now don’t be too amazed if we aren’t impressed with your dispassionate approach to Buff football. The members here still have a passion for this team and desire to see the program ascend to greatness again whether that is practical in your eyes or not.

The Buffs pull an upset over Mizzou or Okie State, and win 2 of 3 versus ISU/A&M/NU to finish with 7 victories and a trip to the Insight Bowl....

:focus: 2 of 3 vs. Clones/Aggies/Fuskers & I still like our chances with Okie State since I like our chances anytime we're at home

And even if we're playing a weak ass team like the Fuskers in a bowl game there is no argument that can be made that it's not worth making that bowl....anyone who believes that obviously thinks Licoln is an accredited university

A&M and Iowa St are must wins.

The Buffs can beat Nebraska as well, but Okie St and Missouri are a lot to ask of this young team.

No,

And I'd rather agree to disagree instead of resorting to name calling

Fine. We can agree to disagree. I still reserve the right to feel that your perspective is short sighted and defeatist. If anything the Boise States, Vanderbuilts, Rutgers, Southern Floridas, Utahs, Fresnos, Hawaii's, Kansas', Cal's, UNC's, Wake Forrests, Boston Colleges (and many many more schools that I can't think of at the moment) have shown us is that being a 'have' or 'have not' is meaning less and less on the football field.

If you still disagree then explain to me Southern Methodist. This is a school that has a national championship tradition, strong support of the school, alumni support most schools dream of, all the $$ they could ever want, a gorgeous stadium, they live in the hot bed of Texas recruiting, in a very good metropolitan city (Dallas) and it's an excellent academic institution. This is a school that is a 'have' of everything on your list except a BCS conference yet for two decades they have not been able to make a splash anywhere near what the "have nots" on my list above have been able to do. How is that possible? They are a 'have', certainly more than CU by your standards, so how come they are not a perennial top 10 with a few NC's? (Don't give me this "death penalty" BS either. That was more than 20 years ago. They rebuilt Europe after WWII in less time so the 'death penalty' excuse doesn't cut it.)

Or could it be that you are wrong. Could it be that being a 'have' may make the road to the top an easier one to travel but the truth is that anyone can make it to the top regardless of what they 'have' or don't 'have'. Conversely, if a program has all it could ever want (a 'have') but lacks the confidence in itself to make it to the top (a program with your defeatist attitude) then it is destined to fall dreadfully short despite all it's advantages (see SMU or MU or ND or....).

The point of all this is that the only 'ceiling' for the buffs is the one we put on ourselves. I, for one, don't see a ceiling just an opportunity to show the greatness this program was once known for.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog"

Last edited:
Don't have any problems with women. I tell them the truth about my intentions and they either choose to get involved or not.

Nothing pessimistic about my demeanor. You just don't like what I'm saying because it involves your favorite team.

Nothing pessimistic about your demeanor?? WTF???

OMG!!! This douuuuuuche actually beleives he is not pessimistic!!!:lol:

Seriously. See a shrink. Soon.:rolleyes:

1. Comparing Colorado to Mountain West Schools is another example of how far CU has fallen off the radar. Oregon has Phil Knight and Nike Money (CU needs someone like this. Both Pac 10 schools in washington have failed b/c of Oregon's success.

And when Oregon was a failing program through the 80's, would you have told them they had no chance...ever? I agree their rise was somewhat circumstantial, but it wasn't entirely based on Phil Knight's donations. Rich Brooks pulled them out of the ashes well before the money began to flow.

2. The fact that incremental success is needed to get people out is an example of how poor the support really is. CU needs live or die fans and supporters, not what have you done lately support.

And yet you accuse CU fans of behaving like Detroit fans--and supporting our team even when they're bad. Which is it? Success will bring a fair measure of support. Dare I use the word "incremental" again? I'm simply pointing out the hypocracy of your logic.

3. Texas: (Order of recruiting priority 1. Texas 2. Oklahoma 3. LSU & other SEC 4. Other tradition rich school 5.Texas A&M 6. Okie State 7. Nebraska 8. T. Tech 9. Missouri 10. TCU 11. Colorado (used to be top 3 at one time).

Based on what? That is an absurd assertion. Is that why CU's last class was ranked above most of the schools on the list?

4. Each state in the SEC produces enough talent for each of its members to survive on its own more or less. Plus they allow JC's. And since the Conference has been so successful other players from non SEC states wanna come down. Again Money,, tradition, and administrative support is crucial here.

So I'll ask the question again. Where was the SEC in the 90's. Yes, I concur they're a very good conference, and often without peer. Not clear on what your point is here. There's plenty of great teams outside of the SEC.

5. California (Order of recruiting priority: 1.USC 2.Oregon 3. UCLA 4. Other tradition rich school (ND, UM etc) 5. Arizona St. 6. Colorado. etc. And other than Simas & Scott......None of the players listed were elite coming out of high school. 3 stars and lower does not equal elite. Again having an eye for talent comes with its successes and its failures.

Please do your research before accusing me of being wrong. Two of the players I listed were ranked as 4-Stars and another a 5-Star--you're losing some credibility here. Again, I'd be interested in hearing your evidence for your assertions. Every player commits for his own reasons.

6. Cabral has been here for 20 years? And? You and other Buff fans are getting real small schoolish about this! The new age of college football is here and money talks! Cabral is here for emotional reasons and I'm glad he's here but the rest of the coaching staff: better deal comes along and its see ya!

You suggested that CU couldn't keep a staff, and I presented evidence which proved otherwise. How am I being small-schoolish? Hawk's entire staff returned this year, and I'd argue Brown, Grimes and Cabral are excellent. Other members of the staff are very good as well.

7.Keep drinking the cool aid, but you will be disappointed with the results. Again Until there is complete and unanimous support from the adminstration and the state, CU will always be at a disadvantage! Always! You can't look to the Mac era anymore to see the potential, b/c you don't account for the fact that there were many prominent schools that fell asleep at the wheel (Old SWC, Oklahoma, USC, several SEC schools)

And the cycle will continue. Yes, CU faces challenges, they are ours to overcome.

8. Those seasons will parlay into recruiting success, but Texas and Oklahoma will still have better recruiting classes. The recruits of tomorrow are watching this years cotton bowl and what I'm predicting will be a rematch in the BCS. CU needs to ease it's recruiting restrictions and bleed all of these schools that get Juco's and questionable academic guys dry. They basically have to play with the devil so to speak to get back into being competitive.

Same arguement we've already heard. Yes, recruiting against some of these guys remains a challenge. I'd point out that CU went head-to-head with Oklahoma on three players last year, Jones, Major and Katoa, and won two out of three of those battles.

I don't think the college football landscape is so dynamic any more. You got the money and support from the people, you'll compete. If you don't you won't compete. Oregon competes solely due to the infusion of cash that Phil Knight has injected into his alma mater. T Boone Pickens is about to do the same for OSU. And they will also be competitive. CU has the same disadvantages as Oregon, but has no ace in its pocket.

And I think that changes in recruiting and scholarships makes it more dynamic.

Thanks for your opinions. I no longer believe that you are a CU fan, but more likely a nebraska agitator. Regardless, I don't mind hearing what you have to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
We were only able to score 14 points at home against the worst defense in the Big 12. Who are we going to beat?

Dat was befo. Tyler Hansen is gonna get his groove on and start scoring sum points!! Mudda-fuka!! We straight now!! :thumbsup:

Sorry, just got through watching Pissbomber's funny BK commercial on Youtube.

My hope is to get the strength and conditioning program started on Dec 1st

No bowl

This guy is officially a douche. If you said that to me/ in front of me/ in earshot of me, I would destroy you. What kind of fan are you? Come on over to Farrand Field before any game and say that to the real tailgaters.

You are fake and never deserve to be a fan.

Go jerk off with some sandpaper.

This guy is officially a douche. If you said that to me/ in front of me/ in earshot of me, I would destroy you. What kind of fan are you? Come on over to Farrand Field before any game and say that to the real tailgaters.

You are fake and never deserve to be a fan.

Go jerk off with some sandpaper.

Ouch. Talk about chaffing.

Dat was befo. Tyler Hansen is gonna get his groove on and start scoring sum points!! Mudda-fuka!! We straight now!! :thumbsup:

Sorry, just got through watching Pissbomber's funny BK commercial on Youtube.
You are right in Hansen being the future, but how much are they going to play him? If Cody gets the most reps, I don't see a big difference.

You are right in Hansen being the future, but how much are they going to play him? If Cody gets the most reps, I don't see a big difference.

Cody didn't get the most reps in the last game. I don't see any reason to expect he'll get the most in the next one. Or the next one after that...

I think we'll slowly start seeing more and more of Hansen over Cody, unless for some reason he's starts to digress and Cody is lighting it up. Both of which I doubt will happen.

For now we should expect to Hansen at THE QB for the team, even if not in name (as starter).

I say that by the ISU game Hansen will be the starter.

Back