What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Will Harlos Medical Redshirt

lawdogg

Club Member
Club Member
SIAP. Saw a ringo tweet that Harlos has been granted a medical redshirt and will be a freshman again this fall.

In other words, that leaves him "four to play four" instead of "four to play three". (right???)

Allsome!

I'll go change the depth chart to put him in as a freshman. I was hoping this would happen and there was every reason it should, but a big part of me was sure that the NCAA would find a way to make the wrong decision.

Just read the young man had another concussion monday and will retire from football or atleast not play at cu. good luck to him.

Just read the young man had another concussion monday and will retire from football or atleast not play at cu. good luck to him.

Sad to lose him but the health of his brain for the rest of his life is more important than any football game. I hope he can fully recover from the concussions he has had, finish his degree, and have a good life.

Harlos has been given a "medical retirement". He will remain on scholarship to complete his degree but is done with football and the scholarship will not count against the 85 limit for the program.

Best of luck to Will.

That's unfortunate for him, and I'm sure he's upset about how this all turned out. That said, I couldn't be happier with our coaching staff in how they handled this situation. This is one of those stories, that although it sucks, I feel the right thing was done. Especially now-a-days, it doesn't seem like that happens much anymore. I'm proud of our university.

I'd like to hope that coaches at all colleges would put the future health of a young human being above the possibility of winning a few more games. I would be really disappointed in any coach that allows him to play for their school, at any level.

I know it sucks Will, but you'll make it through this buddy. Best of luck to you in wherever you decide to go and whatever you decide to do. You're a Buff4Life.

Back