What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Will Hawaii finally be THE GAME?

I'll never root against CU, but I worry about the long-term damage. In my mind, a mid-season firing of Hawkins would re-ignite the fan base and allow everyone to officially put the past behind them and look ahead to a brighter tomorrow. I don't want CU to lose, but if they start off poorly and Hawaii chucks it all over the place... well, I'll just look the other way as the Warriors bury this horrible era.

You don't have to root for Hawaii. There is no way we win that game. They are licking their chops right now watching film of CU. Our only hope is that probably no one in that locker room is listening to those coaches anymore.

No, this won't be the game. We are stuck with this Albatross for the rest of the season and if he does manage to pinch out six wins then we will get one more year of this. Think I'll start following the ski team more closely.

I will not root against them, but that doesn't mean I have to listen to the game and actually root for them. I'll continue to show my acceptance that this team ****ing sucks ass by not listening to the game and instead reorganizing the basement.

While I am proud of CU's long heritage of tough scheduling, we should have dialed it back once Hawk showed that he sucked. I mean, when you are a BCS school and you are potentially dropping 3 out of every 4 non-conference games, its time to lighten the load. CSU is a given, then play a 1-AA school each year (not Montana St though), and then take a tour through the WAC, MAC or C-USA each year. Finish it with one BCS school like Minnesota or Ole Miss.

Not only are we playing more BCS schools in OOC than most other BCS schools, but we are playing the top dawgs. That only pays off when you are competitive. We are not competitive.

It does not matter who we play, Cal is picked to be in the bottom of the PAC this year, Toledo, CSU, Montana St. There is not a conference left that we can say we should just schedule those guys.

Division II Dan has proven that wins are the aberration.

The rumor I'm hearing is swirling around the Athletic Department is that if they go 1-4 in non-con then Hawk is gone after the Georgia game and Mac is back as interim for at least the rest of the season. I know that we've heard that one before around here, but got that from someone who works with the department, but not for the department.

No, this won't be the game. We are stuck with this Albatross for the rest of the season and if he does manage to pinch out six wins then we will get one more year of this. Think I'll start following the ski team more closely.

Six wins??? :rofl::lol::rofl:

5367.lold%20monkey.jpg

If we lose to Hawaii, I honestly don't see any reason to keep him around for the UGA game. With a bye week, it would make more sense to make the move after the UH game than wait until the beginning of conference play.

Besides, if we lose to Hawaii, it's pretty much a given that we'll lose to UGA, too. Why wait?

Of course, I'm wondering why Hawk was even allowed on the plane home from Cal, so as far as I'm concerned, every day he's employed here is a mistake.

The rumor I'm hearing is swirling around the Athletic Department is that if they go 1-4 in non-con then Hawk is gone after the Georgia game and Mac is back as interim for at least the rest of the season. I know that we've heard that one before around here, but got that from someone who works with the department, but not for the department.

If this is seriously an option then why would we wait that long?

Firing Hawk after Hawaii and bringing in Mac as an interim coach on the eve of the 1990 commemorative game vs Georgia could actually make for some pretty dramatic theater. I wonder how the team would respond.

My understanding is that the rumor was circulating even prior to the debacle on Saturday, so perhaps it's changed to past-Hawaii.

I kept trying to put myself in Bohn's shoes on Saturday as he stood in the stadium with all of that CU support watching us crap our pants. Couldn't think of any reason why I wouldn't have fired Hawk immediately after the game for blowing such a great opportunity to connect with the west coast alumni.

Not only dramatic but would be the best time to do it if they plan to fire Hawk before seasons end. At least give Mac a buy week to get on his feet and get things in line.

I still have faith that we'll continue to see Coach Hawkin's quality of coaching displayed against Hawaii and every other opponent. Hawaii isn't much of a team - a decent offense when they don't face quality defenses, and a sub-standard defense against everyone. I think they deserve their 40%-of-a-team rating. It's going to take more effort to NOT score against them - and I have faith that Coach Hawkins knows all about that.

GO BUFFS!

Anyone who roots against CU solely for the purpose of getting a new coach are those POWDER BLUE BUFF FANS! Why don't you wimps wear powder blue t-shirts to that game so we can laugh at the television!

Back