What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Will Oliver has moved to #1 on the kicker depth chart

I'm not going to lie, I feel a little bad for Castor but that's only because of the way that D2 Danny reportedly jerked him around. Kid had his confidence **** on last year thanks to the brilliant minds we had running our special teams. Hopefully he takes this as a challenge, rebounds, and gives Oliver one hell of a run for his money for the #1 slot the rest of camp.

Embo is so refreshing...."Get it done or get out"
It's been a long time since the team got direction that was that clear.

Castor has nobody to be upset with but himself. He kicked Horribly today and he knew it missed one or 2 by 20 ft+ . If he wants any shot at that job now he has to rip it away from Will.
Also i want to add that I met Will a few nights ago and he is one of the nicer people I have met. It will be nice to have someone you actually want to root for kicking field goals. As opposed to that douche Goodman.

The people sticking up for Castor because Dan Hawkins "ruined" him are completely off base.

The people sticking up for Castor because Dan Hawkins "ruined" him are completely off base.

That may be. I'll be the first to admit I don't know ****. I just know that whenever a situation comes down to where I need to blame either a CU player or D2 Danny, I'm blaming Hawk.

So if Castor hits 10+ straight kicks tomorrow, and Oliver misses half his attempts, does Embree make a big announcement in the middle of practice that Castor is the #1 kicker, and shout at Oliver to get off the field?

So if Castor hits 10+ straight kicks tomorrow, and Oliver misses half his attempts, does Embree make a big announcement in the middle of practice that Castor is the #1 kicker, and shout at Oliver to get off the field?

If he does and then Oliver trots out to kick with the 1's than he deserves to get yelled at.

I feel bad for Castor because it sucks to be publicly humiliated like that.

I like that he won the thing when given the opportunity. It wasn't just that Embree had to name someone so he got picked. It's a bottom line business and the bottom line is that he made every kick when given the chance. I'm rooting for this kid.

I feel bad for Castor because it sucks to be publicly humiliated like that.

I have to take some exception to this. Embree set the rules, and called everyone to watch....It was an open and fair competition and entirely within the framework that Embree has publicly said he will provide feedback to the players. The situation provided a fair amount of internal pressure on the kids to perform under the watchful eyes of someone that they want to please (players and coaches). One passed the test, and one did not. The result is ,I believe, that Oliver will now feel even more battle tested and ready to perform in front of a larger crowd.

An alternative is for a coach to guess which kid will perform under pressure, and wait until game day to see if he was right. If the coach guesses wrong and the kid misses 6 of 10 from 30 yards in front of a stadium full of people, including the student body....I am sure that he would be MUCH more humiliated with this outcome. And, the whole team would suffer from this performance to boot.

What happened today is not nice, but it was effective and IMO much more humane than what happened to the kickers over the last 5 years.

Castor is not going to transfer - he's on scholarship and no one is going to be looking to add a scholarship kicker that just got beat out by a true freshman. He could walk on somewhere, but I don't see him walking away from a free ride to CU.

Man's game, this is big boy football not little league. I dont know Castor but, if I was him, my feelings being hurt would be the last thing on my mind. Instead Id be a pissed off mofo and would step the hell up to prove Embo wrong. Embree isn't getting paid to be nice, he is trying to win and man his players up. Cant handle that, dont let the door hit ya.

Given Embree's comments about deciding on the Hawaii trip roster by tomorrow makes it sound like players had a week to make a good impression. At least they players will get a lot of reps in the next few weeks!

Back