1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Oliver

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Duff Man, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

So glad Embree and crew landed him late in the last recruiting cycle. So nice to have a real kicker for a change. He seems to be finding his way on KOs too (second half yesterday was pretty good).

2. RK

RK UBL Club Member

Love his game and one of the nicer kids you'll ever meet.

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I'm definitely a citizen for Will Oliver.

So nice not to have to worry about our field goal kicking.

4. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

The kick that got blocked came out low. Impressive was that his next kick and those after came out normal, he didn't panic or overadjust. Seemed very calm and collected the whole game.

Interesting observation is in watching warm-ups for the second half Grossnickle was killing his punts, at least 15 yards longer and significantly higher than O'neills kicks. In game action O'neill kicked better than Gross ever did. Shows the effect of what goes on between the ears.

5. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

The kid who blocked it also came through pretty much untouched, though. Interesting that after the game Embree referred to the kick being blocked because "somebody decided to take the play off. "I don't have to block. They'll never rush.""

6. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

O'Neill was a gamer yesterday.

One thing he's getting that Grossnickle didn't have last year is consistent snapping. Ryan Iverson has improved a lot in a year. Another thing that is in his favor versus Grossnickle is that he's not being overkicked like Grossnickle was. Zach had a dead leg by the time camp was over last season.

7. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

that was the biggest thing that i noted from what embro said in the presser. it makes me wonder if one of the kids actually said that to him?

8. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

He is getting better snapping for the punts. I thought the holder did a nice job on the placements however as the snaps didn't look very good, a lot of reaching before placement.

I do think Gross got overkicked last year. I also think that our head coach messed up their heads big time and had them thinking and worrying instead of just going out and kicking. Kickers are known for being kind of flakey, a big part of that flakeyness is their ability to not worry about anything and just go out and kick, Hawk destoyed that for both our kickers last year.

9. JtsRcktVctry

JtsRcktVctry Member

As nauseous as most positions on this team make me feel, I really, really like Oliver. The poise he has, along with his talent, as a true freshman is awesome. Who knows where we'd be if we had a guy like NoGoodman kicking.

10. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Can't wait till his leg gets stronger. He'll be a monter. I will say this, his kicks seem to come out low. I will not be surprised if he has a few blocked. But our kicking game is not bad at all. Oh, we do need touchbacks though.

11. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

It's nice to have kicker again....but it's awful that he's now the best player on our entire team :cry:

12. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

12th best kicker in the country last year, pretty sure thats one of the highest recruiting position ranks we have gotten in here since 2007

13. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

I keep telling myself before he kicks that he will finally miss it, and he always proves me wrong

14. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

False.

#2 RB
    #2 LB
    #7 G
    #12 T
    #9 LB
    #9 TE
    #2 G

Granted only a few are still on the team.

15. Buffsoldier

Buffsoldier Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;Hrm-rPSCIBw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrm-rPSCIBw[/video]

16. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

:lol: