What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Will the crowds come out for a sub .500 team?

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
I freely admit I'm a bandwagon hoops fan. I also have to admit my enthusiasm is waning - fast. Somebody give me a reason to care about the rest of the season.

People will still attend home games. While the Buffs may not be as good as they have been I don't see season ticket holders not going to games. Some, but not all. Big games like Utah and Arizona will be packed.

I am not sure they will be a sub .500 team. I still think they win 9-10 games minimum, so a better question would be: Will the crowds still come out for a NIT caliber team? There will be a drop off, but there will still be good crowds imo

Still 7-1 at home. That works for bandwagon fans, I would think. Don't watch them on tv.

I freely admit I'm a bandwagon hoops fan. I also have to admit my enthusiasm is waning - fast. Somebody give me a reason to care about the rest of the season.

You don't have to tell us that, we already know! :thumbsup:

I think we'll be fine. Even the USC game had decent attendance, and that was with the students on break.

I hope some band wagon season ticket holders in rows 10-20 in section 8 or so leave. It's time to move up, dammit!

It'll be easier for us non season holders to get a seat.

A better question would be are people going to show up next year for our home slate in FB? A good package, but could not be pretty unless we make gains.

The BB (and WBB) teams are the only ones you can see a buffs team win (yes I know about VB and CC).

Attendance numbers will stay solid because they have a solid season ticket base. Most of those seats will be full because people have paid for them and will continue to use them as long as the home games are entertaining. There will be empty seats though because walk-up sales will be lower with less interest and with more availability in the secondary ticket market.

It is very possible though as I put in another thread that if we end up with an NIT home game the place could look like an empty arena. The season ticket holders aren't going to be excited enough to buy the NIT tickets on short notice and after three years of NCAA tourneys casual fans aren't going to be excited about seeing the Buffs play the third place team from the Big Sky in the NIT.

Given injuries, I am encouraged by AZ trip. Hop progressing was huge for me, frees up shooters to shoot. X and Josh coming back, Wesley's game emerging nicely. My hopes of them making noise in PAC tourney are elevated, especially if they can get healthy. Biggest complaint I have is defensive effort, but the key is effort is something that can improve.

I think they have a successful progression into year end, and make some noise in the conference tourney. Stumble in these upcoming home games, and my sunshine is DOA. Crowds will stay, and grow, if they click as I am expecting.

Lotta if's, but Hop emergence is gigantic. Ski flourished when Spencer could penetrate and dish, so did Talton, I think Hop may be ready to penetrate and dish. Something we desperately need.

I think it'll hold up. If Josh and XJ get healthy we'll be winning the vast majority of our home games. While we're mediocre and have had bad luck, we still don't stink when we're healthy. I think the entertainment value is there. And if we get our **** together enough to get an NIT home game I think that will draw a good crowd since the GA policy of NIT games is an attraction for many...especially if we find ourselves playing a power conference opponent like an NC State, Illinois etc.

I think it'll hold up. If Josh and XJ get healthy we'll be winning the vast majority of our home games. While we're mediocre and have had bad luck, we still don't stink when we're healthy. I think the entertainment value is there. And if we get our **** together enough to get an NIT home game I think that will draw a good crowd since the GA policy of NIT games is an attraction for many...especially if we find ourselves playing a power conference opponent like an NC State, Illinois etc.

If XJ gets to play that is...

why should you continue to follow the team and attend games?

because college basketball has a playoffs. even more to the point, it has a playoffs that outside of the Ivy, every single D1 team is still alive for the National Championship (correct me if I'm wrong). So, if you're one of those guys who thinks championships should go to the hottest team at the end of the year despite how the regular season went, you should keep following because the Buffs are still very much in this thing.

beyond that, what's do you have to do that's more fun that sitting at the CEC being part of a college hoops event, even if you're favorite team isn't winning? CU games are still great entertainment.

also, when the Buffs achieve greatness as a basketball program, you'll be able to say you're one of the guys who stuck with them.

besides, the Tuba cheer.

not to mention, it's a young team (one Senior!). improvement next year is expected, and, except Booker, I expect all the contributors will be back. Watching players improve year to year is enjoyable, and to me, that improvement is more visible in hoops than in football.

and don't forget, being active on AB is more fun if you have something to contribute that is Buff sports related.

last but not least, Elway might show up.

FWIW, last night's crowd was late arriving and as uninspired as I've seen it all year. It matched the play on the floor.

FWIW, last night's crowd was late arriving and as uninspired as I've seen it all year. It matched the play on the floor.

:yeahthat:

There were a few times where you could feel the crowd about to erupt...but the team would make a couple bad plays and take the air right out of the crowd.

One of the worst games I've seen in a while. If either team was half decent they would have/should have beat the other by 20.

First you win by a lot.
Then you win by a little.
Then you lose by a little.
Then you lose by a lot.

First you win by a lot.
Then you win by a little.
Then you lose by a little.
Then you lose by a lot.

So our progression is wrong in football?

First you lose by a lot
then you lose by a lot
then you lose by a lot
then you lose by a little?

We were on our way up - stopped at a brewery - decided we would be better off doing a little brewery tour and watching on TV.

Yeah, I'm lame. Planning on going Saturday, but we are also planning on hitting Avery first...

So our progression is wrong in football?

First you lose by a lot
then you lose by a lot
then you lose by a lot
then you lose by a little?
B8DuWVHIQAA_86J.jpg

Today's attendance might be the worst attended conference game since we joined the Pac-12. None of my friends want to go so Ill be sitting at the top of the student section by myself. I won't be the only one I dont think.

Today's attendance might be the worst attended conference game since we joined the Pac-12. None of my friends want to go so Ill be sitting at the top of the student section by myself. I won't be the only one I dont think.

Hmm...

Let me try. Hmm...

The ol' double-negative paradox.

Back