What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Will the crowds come out for a sub .500 team?

And I think the original question is answered. Some loyal fans will go, but "the crowds" won't come out.

Stadium was fairly full today except for the student section. I was expecting about 75% full today in the student section and it was only 20-25%. A full student section can make a difference in close games. Hope they come out for the next two games.

Here was the student section today immediately after the National Anthem. It did not fill up at all after this. Ski even commented in his post-game interview. This is just wrong.

furd photo.jpg

I have a hard time being too critical of fans who avoid the games these days. That Cal game was one of the worst displays of basketball ineptitude I've ever witnessed. Who wants to sit through more of that?

To be honest, it is not a very entertaining brand of basketball that is being played right now.

I get what your saying and don't disagree. If they don't come out when things are down, that's their business. I can understand why. It's sorta like Chris Rock on O.J. "I"m not saying its OK, but I understand."

I just don't want to keep hearing their self-proclamations of "we are one of the best best student sections in the country, yada, yada". That's my issue with them.

Though in their defense, they truly are an awesome student section when: (a) team is winning, and (b) it's a big game, and (c) game falls on the right day of the week, and (d) game has an ideal start time, and (e) game isn't played within a week of a break, and (f) game isn't played within two weeks of finals, and (g) there isn't fresh powder in the mountains.... When all these conditions are met, they really are one of the best.

(Damn, I've turned into a grumpy old man)

I get what your saying and don't disagree. If they don't come out when things are down, that's their business. I can understand why. It's sorta like Chris Rock on O.J. "I"m not saying its OK, but I understand."

I just don't want to keep hearing their self-proclamations of "we are one of the best best student sections in the country, yada, yada". That's my issue with them.

Though in their defense, they truly are an awesome student section when: (a) team is winning, and (b) it's a big game, and (c) game falls on the right day of the week, and (d) game has an ideal start time, and (e) game isn't played within a week of a break, and (f) game isn't played within two weeks of finals, and (g) there isn't fresh powder in the mountains.... When all these conditions are met, they really are one of the best.

(Damn, I've turned into a grumpy old man)

When those conditions are met, every student section becomes one of the best in the country.

What made C-Unit and the CU students special wasn't what they did the last year with Dre. It was what they did 2 years before that when they lifted the team to wins over teams like Oklahoma State. They elevated the program instead of just being along for the ride.

When those conditions are met, every student section becomes one of the best in the country.

What made C-Unit and the CU students special wasn't what they did the last year with Dre. It was what they did 2 years before that when they lifted the team to wins over teams like Oklahoma State. They elevated the program instead of just being along for the ride.
And Texas. I was a Junior in high school then and going to those games got me super excited to be part of that student section. Today was embarrassing, sad and simply not fun. And the leaders of the C-Unit that will blame it on the rest of the student body didn't show up either. Did you see "BatBuff"? There were missing parts across the board.

I haven't seen pizza delivered to the student section in a while. Perhaps it is time to motivate them with food.

Yup. That Oklahoma State game was remarkable. That's when things clicked. It wasn't Kansas, it was a mid-tier team and the Keg was hopping like it never had. We played a bad game and won because of that.

I am excited to read the rest of your love letter to bacon. But I would suggest opening with dear bacon,

Perhaps he was trying to attract a bear or a sasquatch to the thread. Everyone knows bacon is how you attract them.

Perhaps the students should not complain about how tickets for big games (can you say Kansas last year) are distributed when they drop off the bandwagon. The team is not great or comparable to the teams of the last couple of years but damn, they are not pre Tad bad either. They should be ashamed.

I have a hard time being too critical of fans who avoid the games these days. That Cal game was one of the worst displays of basketball ineptitude I've ever witnessed. Who wants to sit through more of that?

Really, it's mainly about the outcome. If the Buffs had hit a couple more shots against Cal and wound up on the W side, the poor play would be noted but forgiven. I didn't feel today's game was particularly well-played (by either team), but getting the W makes it an acceptable performance. And that's ok - the goal for every game is to win, and if that's met we should be satisfied. It's just that the only real difference I saw in Buff play against Cal and Stanford was that they scored more points than Stanford, and less than Cal. In either case a strong Buff team would have won each by 20-25 points at CEC.

I think some of you are undervaluing Stanford a bit. They came in with an RPI of 40 and were well on their way to a Dance bid (sadly, we aren't exactly a "good" loss these days).

I am excited to read the rest of your love letter to bacon. But I would suggest opening with dear bacon,

f35ec1b5a772a7fac163fe5d3bd0fd4b.jpg

I think some of you are undervaluing Stanford a bit. They came in with an RPI of 40 and were well on their way to a Dance bid (sadly, we aren't exactly a "good" loss these days).

We beat Stanford
Stanford beat Texas
Texas beat Cal

Therefore, we beat Cal.

Nice homestand, Buffs!

I re-checked Stanford's schedule, yes they've performed pretty well with a few exceptions, some nice wins. Still, with both teams hitting 33% on field goals for the game, it doesn't seem like a good Stanford offensive performance. I didn't see the game so don't know whether both offenses played poorly or both defenses played great, etc. Stanford did best Cal by 10 at Cal, so maybe the Buffs did play significantly better today than last Thurs. Still think a strong Buff team (the one that won in Palo Alto last year) could/should have won more easily.

Back