What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Will this be the breakout year for Devin Ross?

Devin Ross in 2016

• Breakout performer (believe the hype!)

Votes: 31 51.7%
  • Yawn (same hype as last 2 preseasons on this guy)

Votes: 29 48.3%

• Total voters
He's going to thrive with the new passing concepts... As long as our QB play is better as well
And OL play. I think it was both last year that put the WRs into the mode of half assing it sometimes. Hard to go hear every play when you start doubting that the QB will have the time or skills to get the ball there every time. If the OL plays together better and the QB is more consistant, then I think the WR core as a whole will be greatly motivated and improved. Which would also back off the D and open up better run game.

We will see. Lots of unanswered questions. I don't buy the hype but see the potential. Can DC bring out the potential? I have better faith in him and his passion than past years.

There is no question about his ability. The coaches were talking about him needing to be confident but there is a big difference between performing in practice against players you are comfortable with and somewhat know you can beat, and doing the same thing in a conference game. Doesn't surprise me at all he is having a good spring.

I've heard it too many times before. Not getting sucked in this year. In any event, I think there are better options at WR so we probably won't see him too much anyway.

I've heard it too many times before. Not getting sucked in this year. In any event, I think there are better options at WR so we probably won't see him too much anyway.

Yup, if we see a lot of him it will mean that he has gotten a lot better, if we don't that means that the team has gotten better than him.

Win either way.

THEN IT MUST BE TRUE!!!!!!!!!

I have absolutely no doubts he's having a phenomenal spring. However, as pretty much everybody else has already pointed out, his spring performance has had little bearing on his performance come game time.

I think one thing that will help Ross is I think he's going to get the ball a lot more on quick screens and slants in space and get some YAC. A fairly easy catch where he has the speed to turn it in to a big play. Last year it was more deep balls where he had to try to make a tough over the shoulder catch catch. That's the goal at least. Will that happen? I hope so. But I'll believe it when I see it.

Competition breeds excellence. It also buries mediocrity. Though some still love to bitch about the lack of talent in the WR corps, I think there is plenty to force everybody to up their game this year.

A confident Ross would be great.

Back