What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Will This Help Recruit Skill Positions?

vinniew_11

Will a game like this show the skill position recruits that we can play an explosive game? Maybe get a RB? This offense with a running game? Scary stuff.

Optimist: "Cool offense, they just need a running back! That could be me!"

Pessimist: "Oh, so they're a passing team that doesn't showcase the RB, huh? Screw that! I'll send another tape to Stanford."

I'll need to see a bigger sample size of games to see if they can keep momentum and show the recruits it's more than just getting over on our weakest opponent we'll play all year. But I am encouraged that a culture change and us at least staying in games and playing until the last whistle gets the attention of skilled prospects of all positions.

Keep scoring 40 points a game with this many guys getting a chance to catch or carry the ball every week and recruits will flock to CU. It's a fun offense and there's a good opportunity to play early.

WRs and TEs should definitely love it.

RBs.. we tried to run it a solid amount. I'd guess it was 60/40 without looking at the stats. We probably can't promise Stanford level carries for a kid, but we aren't avoiding the ground game.

Cade Apsay must be liking what he saw.

Makes sense, Nik. Hopefully they see an opportunity - same for prized OL recruits.

I wouldn't expect a bunch of new recruits to line up after one game, but it definitely gives the staff more credibility with existing targets. I'm sure they're already selling a fast-paced offense with the opportunity to put up big numbers, but now they can point to this game as an example.

Yes. This is a very promising start on offense.

Wood throwing for 400 yards to start the season? Talk about best case scenario in that department

I wouldn't expect a bunch of new recruits to line up after one game, but it definitely gives the staff more credibility with existing targets. I'm sure they're already selling a fast-paced offense with the opportunity to put up big numbers, but now they can point to this game as an example.

I am certainly hoping it makes a bigger impression on Colorado recruits. Not expecting this to change attitudes outside the state but it's a big stage on which to show that the flagship has somewhat righted itself.

If we put up 42 points a game, we'll be stealing guys from Oregon and USC. Nothing breeds good recruiting like winning and scoring.

I am certainly hoping it makes a bigger impression on Colorado recruits. Not expecting this to change attitudes outside the state but it's a big stage on which to show that the flagship has somewhat righted itself.
Agreed, but I guess I'm considering the in-state kid existing targets, even if the interest level isn't real high from a lot of them right now. Basically, I don't expect a lot of new profiles to be created in the next week.

Agreed, but I guess I'm considering the in-state kid existing targets, even if the interest level isn't real high from a lot of them right now. Basically, I don't expect a lot of new profiles to be created in the next week.

Was hoping certain offensive linemen or a certain RB down in El Paso County would take notice. Yes I agree this likely isn't getting any new names to jump into the recruiting game right away.

Was hoping certain offensive linemen or a certain RB down in El Paso County would take notice. Yes I agree this likely isn't getting any new names to jump into the recruiting game right away.
If we can get the two OL to take notice, this could be a really nice OL class.

Will a game like this show the skill position recruits that we can play an explosive game? Maybe get a RB? This offense with a running game? Scary stuff.

The offense w/out P.Rich looks pretty average to me. We need some better run blockers. Hopefully we will improve as the season goes on.

Back