What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Willingham, Rippy, Parsons

absinthe

Ambitious but rubbish.
Club Member
Junta Member
Who were the position coaches in charge of recruiting these guys when we "dropped" them?

These drops were not decided at the position coach level.

Rippy and Willingham were Cabral guys, though.

Parsons was Brookhart and Bieniemy, primarily.

These drops were not decided at the position coach level.

Rippy and Willingham were Cabral guys, though.

Parsons was Brookhart and Bieniemy, primarily.

My point exactly, many people are crying over LB recruiting and Coach Cabral's "drop off" we he had the best prospect he could get his hands on in the last 2 classes bounced by his boss. Same Boss who reportedly is making him a fall guy.

Strange that CSU wasn't all over Willingham. Must be more to the story.
Willingham was a silent commit to CU but ended up verbally committing to UCF. He wanted to go there but his mom wanted to keep him home. He ended up not having his head/heart in the right place and came back to Colorado after 1 season.

At the time Embree seemed to make the right choice by letting the kid out of his commitment to follow his heart but after watching this for the 3rd straight cycle I can now say that anytime you see Embree making any kind of decision. You have to assume a good coach would do the opposite.

I still can't believe we let Rippy go. That was just complete jack assedness by the coaches.

Willingham was a silent commit to CU but ended up verbally committing to UCF. He wanted to go there but his mom wanted to keep him home. He ended up not having his head/heart in the right place and came back to Colorado after 1 season.

At the time Embree seemed to make the right choice by letting the kid out of his commitment to follow his heart but after watching this for the 3rd straight cycle I can now say that anytime you see Embree making any kind of decision. You have to assume a good coach would do the opposite.

Right. I was referring to the story after he left UCF. My bad.

Back