1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wilner analyzed OOC schedules of the conferences - Pac-12 toughest by far

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, May 15, 2013.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

CU did nothing to help the math this year, but we usually do.

Of the Pac-12′s 37 non-conference games (3 x 12 + USC’s exempt game at Hawaii), 35.1% qualify as A-listers.
    Of the SEC’s 56 non-conference games, 26.7% are A-listers. (I’m not even going to address the number of FCS-level opponents. That’s for another discussion.)
    Of the Big Ten’s 48 non-conference games, 25% are A-listers.
    Of the Big 12′s 30 non-conference games — it plays a true round-robin league schedule — a whopping 20% are A-listers.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/colleg...edule-and-how-it-compares-to-the-sec-b1g-etc/

2. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Yeah, but don't let anything like facts get in the way when the SEC and Big 12 fans are crowing about how great the overall records are for their teams next season.

3. hokiehead

hokiehead Gobbler on the Mountain Club Member

In all seriousness, good for the Pac. You guys do it in hoops too. Kudos. I follow the ACC closely and the B1G not quite as closely and have been very frustrated with the SOS in both. Playing tough non-conf opponents early in the season. The new playoff criteria seem to be encouraging more of this and I hope it continues. Funny, that blogger says he analyzed the 5 conferences with automatic bids and didn't even list the ACC -- I suspect they're bringing up the rear.

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Strange that Wilner screwed that up. He's usually on top of his game.