What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wilner: DTV deal likely before football season barring last minute snags

Since my little bro is Veep of programming acquisition at DTV does any one have any questions they want answered re: DTV negotiations with programming?

are they going to have a contract with the pac12 prior to the start of the college football season, and will it be available nationally for all dtv subscribers?

are they going to have a contract with the pac12 prior to the start of the college football season, and will it be available nationally for all dtv subscribers?

just emailed him and will let you know what he says, he is prolly in the shower right now (west coast time)

Well, holic, I will be right behind you in line to switch from Dish to DTV. The second the DTV deal is announced, I am on the phone to Dish telling them to eat a turd and then on to DTV. Nine years with Dish...way to go Charlie.

I am on DTV, so if you are not hooked up by then, mosey down and watch at my house.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Same here- dish 10 years. I actually like them but this is a deal breaker for me. I'm going to call them today but I doubt my threat will make a difference. Hello dtv.

Same here- dish 10 years. I actually like them but this is a deal breaker for me. I'm going to call them today but I doubt my threat will make a difference. Hello dtv.

Don't forget that you are being refereed by a friend :thumbsup: 12035603

You should also get Sunday Ticket for free signing up right now.

Independence Community College has assured me that their best people are working on it.

:thumbsup:

Sent DTV another email today re: PAC-12. :huh:

Wow, that was a quick response...
Thank you for writing to ask about Pac 12 Network. I am sorry to hear that you are considering another provider because of this.

DIRECTV is currently in discussions with the programmers but no decisions have been made at this time regarding carriage of Pac 12 Network. We hope to have an update closer to the start of the season in September.

We know you have a choice when it comes to your programming provider and we must work hard to earn your business. We are always reviewing our programming options to make sure we bring the best possible TV experience. In addition, I have forwarded your request to DIRECTV management. Rest assured every suggestion from our customers are reviewed to determine what changes should be considered.

Whenever we add channels to our lineup, we release a statement to the press. Please keep an eye on the news to find out about the newest channels or visit our web site at directv.com/pr.

I appreciate the opportunity to assist you today and we hope for your continued loyalty.

Sincerely,

I love how they keep saying "we hope to have an update closer to the beginning of th season in September." The season and September are in a week! Love the kick the can down the road mentality. Course, I don't care, I have my Pac 12 Network with Comcast.

Welp, I am going to leave Dish after more than 10 years with them. It will be to DTV if they pick up the network and the regionals. Hope they do because I hate Comcast.

I'm going to call and threaten to dump them today. Maybe I can get some free ****.

I don't know if I completely trust this site's info considering his source seems like some random website and not a more well known company.

I wouldn't completely trust it either, but dbstalk is a really plugged-in site. And actually I think his point could very well be true. I think (hope!) that pac12 network is working hard to be sure that at least once source will carry all the regionals. It looks like most of the olympic sports are on the regionals, and being here in san jose I'll miss CU volleyball, etc, that I was looking forward to being able to see (since I'm unlikely to be sitting watching it at work online live, dvr is probably more feasible), not to mention FB and BB games that will have conflicts. And DTV seems to be against having all 7 channels, which I can't quite understand since there are about 20 (formerly) fox sports channels which have way more crap on them. Dang it I hope this gets resolved, I hate to drop my dish for comcrap.

I wouldn't completely trust it either, but dbstalk is a really plugged-in site. And actually I think his point could very well be true. I think (hope!) that pac12 network is working hard to be sure that at least once source will carry all the regionals. It looks like most of the olympic sports are on the regionals, and being here in san jose I'll miss CU volleyball, etc, that I was looking forward to being able to see (since I'm unlikely to be sitting watching it at work online live, dvr is probably more feasible), not to mention FB and BB games that will have conflicts. And DTV seems to be against having all 7 channels, which I can't quite understand since there are about 20 (formerly) fox sports channels which have way more crap on them. Dang it I hope this gets resolved, I hate to drop my dish for comcrap.

According to this guy from ESPN radio, he believes that a deal will be done on Monday
https://twitter.com/espn700bill

I called directv today and told them I was dumping them for Comcast. They delivered free sunday ticket for this year and made a guarantee that they thought this was going to get done by Sept. 1st. I told him i'll call back on Sept. 1st and to notate what they offered me. Done and Done. Come on DTV. Get your head out of your ***.

I called directv today and told them I was dumping them for Comcast. They delivered free sunday ticket for this year and made a guarantee that they thought this was going to get done by Sept. 1st. I told him i'll call back on Sept. 1st and to notate what they offered me. Done and Done. Come on DTV. Get your head out of your ***.

I called and the woman said she didn't know what the PAC-12 network was and didn't offer me any deals. Once I get cable connected I'm dumping them.

I get most of the Giants games on local TV here in SD anyway and they offer the Center Ice package.

I called and the woman said she didn't know what the PAC-12 network was and didn't offer me any deals. Once I get cable connected I'm dumping them.

I get most of the Giants games on local TV here in SD anyway and they offer the Center Ice package.
The sales lady at Comcast didn't know what the Pac-12 Network was either. She forwarded me to their "Loyalty" Department where I talked to Champagne (no, seriously...but I didn't ask if she worked anywhere else.). She was helpful and did some quick research. She said that the only 2 markets without it are Houston and the Twin Cities. She was elevating the request to her manager and that the more people who did that, the better chance that it would get added. So H-Town Buffs need to give Champagne a call....

The sales lady at Comcast didn't know what the Pac-12 Network was either. She forwarded me to their "Loyalty" Department where I talked to Champagne (no, seriously...but I didn't ask if she worked anywhere else.). She was helpful and did some quick research. She said that the only 2 markets without it are Houston and the Twin Cities. She was elevating the request to her manager and that the more people who did that, the better chance that it would get added. So H-Town Buffs need to give Champagne a call....

On it. Like I needed an excuse to call Champagne.

You get most of the Giants' games in SD? Regardless, I've gotten spoiled with Sunday Ticket so I'm not stuck with the crappy regional games. And the Pac Network is all but a done deal on DTV now, so no reason for me to switch. :thumbsup:

That's outrageous. What the hell is going on with Comcast in Houston?

I've been dealing with Dish for what feels like months now. I want to keep Dish because I enjoy the Sirius stations but will switch to get Pac 12 Network. Last night I emailed Bohn and Troy Andre. Received responses from both. Bohn's email didn't say much. I was also asking about BuffsTV. Andre said that the contract with Pac 12 does not allow the schools to offer the streaming that I have enjoyed so much so as of now, I'm stuck with audio only if DirecTV or Dish doesn't pick up the Pac 12.

Living in Iowa totally sucks now. I want to watch my teams. Bohn said the CU/CSU football game is televised and I should get it, but I like volleyball and basketball also.

If I switch to DirecTV, I will lost everything on my DVR, which includes some CU games. I will go with whoever gets the service first.

Some Oregon fan and I are tag teaming Dish on Twitter. It's kind of fun. :D

Back