What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Winning

What this recent respectability means is that the current group of students will have good memories and give great support to the team throughout the future years. Buffs lost a decade of grads in their wander through the wilderness. Local and regional kids who might not end up going to Boulder will remember the excitement and always support their local team into adulthood. A bit of success can go a long way, especially with an institution that has a century's worth of goodwill. Winning cures a lot of past ills.
Exactly this.

That's me. I'm that guy. If you have on any kind of CU gear on at all, I will give you a "Go Buffs". Have done it for years. In the past when we were sucking, I would get some really funny looks. Most look at me like, Holy ****, that dude spoke to me. Or they look at me like, why did he say that to me? Like they forgot what they have on.
I will give a "Go BUFFS!" to anyone, anywhere and I don't care who hears me.

GO BUFFS!
**** you!

Winning is fun. Hell, it's AWESOME! But with it comes a new set of problems.
  • Before this year, I had trouble getting my wife or kids to go to a game with me. But now, my kids are fighting over who gets to go. I have to be Solomonesque.
  • Before, I could drive up an hour or so before the game and find a spot on the street a few blocks from the school. Now I have to get up there at least a couple of hours early and pay to park.
  • It used to take a couple of minutes to get in through the gate. Now I have to head to the gate a minimum of 30 minutes before kickoff.
  • I used to be able to stretch out in my seat with my drink sitting next to me and my feet on the empty seat in front. Now I have to sit there all cramped with my feet under me, my knees together and my hands in my lap. I'm forced to touch people.
  • I never used to get stressed at games while enjoying the view and watching the guys lose. Now I'm stressed all week and twice as much on game day.
  • I used to be able to leave early or even at the end, hop in the car and be homeward bound in no time. Now I stay after the game and by the time I get to the car, I have to fight a huge traffic jam getting out of town.
  • Now, when I wear my Buff gear, I find myself having to actually interact with total strangers.
You should go to Stanford games

Buffs are closing in on 700 wins. Pretty prestigious club. Currently sit at 693

Quick wiki search shows us at #35 all-time. Pretty crazy we've had 1 double digit win total in the last 20 years. We're 103-140 in that span and yet we still have almost 700 wins and we're #35. Time to span a bunch of winning together and flip that back around.

And a side note, 6 seasons of 9 wins in a row will get us back to where we were 20 years ago. We can do it.

We currently sit 25th in wins (693). Navy is the team right ahead of us (698). No one will be passing us anytime soon, with Michigan State 26th at 685 (they suck this season).

Our decade of sucktidue has sure allowed us to drop though. We've got some teams to overtake in coming years to reclaim our rightful spot higher up. Washington, Arkansas, Clemson, Florida and others all now sitting right above 700.

Last edited:
We currently sit 25th in wins (693). Navy is the team right ahead of us (698). No one will be taking us anytime soon, with Michigan State 26th at 685 (they suck this season).

Our decade of sucktidue has sure allowed us to drop though. We've got some teams to overtake in coming years to reclaim our rightful spot higher up. Washington, Arkansas, Clemson, Florida and others all now sitting right above 700.
No better way to describe it. Just added it to my vocab. Well done!

Winning is fun. Hell, it's AWESOME! But with it comes a new set of problems.
  • Before this year, I had trouble getting my wife or kids to go to a game with me. But now, my kids are fighting over who gets to go. I have to be Solomonesque.

How many children do you have left to cut in half?

I moved to SLC shortly after The Showdown and was lucky enough to be at Stanford Stadium this past weekend. Two wins I've seen in person, but neither were in Folsom. I will be there for UCLA so I can't wait to experience these "problems" first hand!

Back