1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wish me luck, I'm trying out for Ralphie Runner

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Marching Buff, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Marching Buff

Marching Buff Member

Today at 4:30 tryouts will be held at Folsom for a chance to become a Ralphie Runner. I've done my stint with the Marching Band and now it's time to move onto bigger and better things. Channel 9 will be there covering the tryouts so that doesn't help w/ the pressure. Wish me luck!

2. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Best of luck. What does it take to be a Ralphie Runner and what do the tryouts entail? Have you got your cowboy hat ready?

3. Marching Buff

Marching Buff Member

It's a lot of running and an interview. I think it will be 80 yard sprints. They give you the cowboy hat and shirt but everything else is on you. It should be pretty exciting with the new buffalo there too.

4. 87toInfinity

87toInfinity Well-Known Member

Put the tuba down before you start running, it will help your time out! :thumbsup: I give good advice.

5. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

Can you be 42 and pear shape? if so, I am in!:lol:

6. RuffBuff

RuffBuff Club Member Club Member

DON'T run like the tuba players do when prancing off the court following the 'supa-dupa tuba cheer'....:lol:

BEST WISHES!

7. SCB

SCB Well-Known Member

Good luck. I hear Ralphie V is very fast.

8. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Good luck. Look forward to seeing you next fall!

9. RalphieMalph

RalphieMalph Well-Known Member

Good luck man, that was always my dream when I was in school... you're a lucky guy to even get to try out :thumbsup:

10. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

Good luck with that young, rowdy bison!

11. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Is it true or false that some of those guys/gals get scholarships? Also, I bet the newbies have to be good with a shovel.

12. Marching Buff

Marching Buff Member

The shovel thing i bet is right. I don't know if there is any form of scholarship.

13. RalphieMalph

If I remember correctly there's no scholarship involved, but it does qualify as a varsity sport so Ralphie Runners get to register for classes before everyone else (just like the rest of CU's student athletes).

14. BrownEyedBuffGirl

BrownEyedBuffGirl Well-Known Member

15. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

That is correct. You can win a letter running Ralphie.

16. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King Club Member

good luck buddy

17. KingPants

KingPants Club Member Club Member

Some of those ****ers lived right down the block from me my senior year. So saturday morning my roomate and I would get up at 7:30 and trudge our way toward farrand to go to our rugby game (which had to be early so we could catch the football game), and ralphie would be in her trailer in thier front yard, and they would be drinking. They would always offer us beers, which we had to turn down, cause we thought it was a good idea to play rugby. **** them.

\actually just really jealous
    \\buena suerte

18. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Good luck Tuba. Don't ef it up man, seriously. And don't trip, it's considered bad luck. I couldn't do it--no way. When I was a kid my brother was gored by a North American Bison at Yellowstone and lost 1.5 lungs...I saw the whole thing. It freaked me out.

Seriously, you'll be great! Looking forward to seeing you run with the latest and greatest model of Ralphie next Fall.

19. 87toInfinity

87toInfinity Well-Known Member

More people die to buffalo in yellowstone than any other form of death.

20. Marching Buff

Marching Buff Member

So I just got done with the tryouts and it went pretty well. There were about 7 guys and 3 girls. The Coach said that there will be 4-5 openings. I know they'll take one girl and maybe three guys.

We just had to do an 80 yard sprint three times with our times getting averaged. There were some fast dudes and I wasn't one of them but I think i still did pretty well. They don't tell you your time, but i overheard the Coach say 10.4 seconds after my last run. It might have been for me or the guy who was two strides ahead of me but still pretty solid.

Ralphie is FAST this year. Ralphie IV was bottle fed and raised by humans but Ralphie V is wild so she has got a lot of fire. She is smaller but was still throwing her weight around the pen, sliding it all over the place. She ran well and it seems the handlers got her under control so unless the crowd noise gets to her she'll have a good run tomorrow. I also heard from the Coach that they are petitioning to take Ralphie down to Jacksonville for the FSU game. It's not a lock but a possibility.

9 News was there and they did a running of Ralphie live. We got to sit and watch. There wasn't anybody who got dragged or tossed so I guess that could be either a good thing or a bad thing.

So I have an interview on Thursday and then I'll find out from there. Thanks for the support guys. Hopefully I'll be down on the field running the big girl next year.

21. ladyblaise

ladyblaise Club Member Club Member

Best Of Luck!

22. DBT

When do you guys find out? Sorry if you mentioned it already.

23. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

OK, you can't just stop with that! Is he still ok? Did his lungs recover (as in, where they just collapsed, or where they damaged so bad they had to be taken out?

24. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Sorry, I'm a fraud.

I don't even have a brother. I just thought our erstwhile marching band member would perform his best if he had a little adrenaline flowing. Nothing like the threat of a good ol' fashioned goring to make you run like hell!

25. DBT

**** head! :lol:

26. RalphieMalph

I'm assuming a few of your folks caught that second half Ralphie run today... uhh, something tells me that had I not been at CU during the prime of Ralphie IV's career, I would NOT have dreamed of being a Ralphie runner. Good lord that girl is violent! :wow:

27. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

yea, i think she is going to give us some moments to remember over the next few years to say the least...:lol:

wonder if it will make sports center?

28. IDBUFF

IDBUFF Active Member

I had a friend in the 70's who ran Ralphie - he would get rug burns from the artificial turf; he said they just sort of hang on - the Buffalo does as she pleases

29. RalphieMalph

Well if today is any indication, Ralphie V "pleases" to eat well tenderized human flesh.

30. Buttermaker

Buttermaker Active Member

She is awesome! I love her ill-tempered manner. I wanted a new Ralphie since IV wouldn't run.