What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Without Roberson, how can anyone feel confident on Wednesday?

We just need to hit open shots. They were there Sat, but we didn't hit them. I'll also rest easy knowing this team shows up for big games and performs well at neutral sites.

Tad's scheme, or defensive effort, their zone .... All meaningless. We lost to OSU (and lots of other teams this year) because we can't hit a jumper to save our life. Ski is shooting 33% in conference play. 25% from three. He shoots high 30s (which still isn't good and gets you benched on elite teams) and we win 4-5 more games this year.

Dinwiddie's shooting 40% in Pac-12 play. He gets to the rim alot more that Ski. From beyond 15 ft, Dinwiddie's gotta be in the mid to low 30s.

IMO until we find some real shooters, this team has hit its high water mark.

I think we're screwed. I don't see anyway Andre plays tomorrow or another game the rest of the season. Everything I've seen indicates that mono takes at least a month and often longer to come back from. I think the rhetoric about him coming back soon is aimed at the tournament selection committee to whom we suddenly won't appear so attractive without our best player.

I think we're screwed. I don't see anyway Andre plays tomorrow or another game the rest of the season. Everything I've seen indicates that mono takes at least a month and often longer to come back from. I think the rhetoric about him coming back soon is aimed at the tournament selection committee to whom we suddenly won't appear so attractive without our best player.

You didn't even have to tell us what you thought. We already knew.

Seriously guys, we need to stop overestimating OSU. Do they have some talent? Sure. But Craig Robinson is also their coach. We're not going to play the same lazy, sloppy defense that we did on Saturday nor will we see the same lack of energy.

Also what good does it do Boyle to the committee to say that Dre will play but then he ends up not playing? All that makes the committee further discount anything that Boyle says about injuries....

Last edited:
Seriously guys, we need to stop overestimating OSU. Do they have some talent? Sure. But Craig Robinson is also their coach. We're not going to play the same lazy, sloppy defense that we did on Saturday nor will we see the same lack of energy. I do.

Also what good does it do Boyle to the committee to say that Dre will play but then he ends up not playing? All that makes the committee further discount anything that Boyle says about injuries....

You do?

Seriously guys, we need to stop overestimating OSU. Do they have some talent? Sure. But Craig Robinson is also their coach. We're not going to play the same lazy, sloppy defense that we did on Saturday nor will we see the same lack of energy. I do.

Say what you want about Craig Robinson, but he is the only coach that has put his team in a zone and kept with it all game this year against the buffs. There were 5 straight possessions in the first half that CU didn't get the ball inside the 3 point line before 10 seconds were left on the shot clock. I don't expect CU to play as poorly against OSU as they did on Saturday, but I also don't think they will have figured out the zone in 4 days either. Tad's had 3 years to try to figure out an offense to combat the zone.

Say what you want about Craig Robinson, but he is the only coach that has put his team in a zone and kept with it all game this year against the buffs. There were 5 straight possessions in the first half that CU didn't get the ball inside the 3 point line before 10 seconds were left on the shot clock. I don't expect CU to play as poorly against OSU as they did on Saturday, but I also don't think they will have figured out the zone in 4 days either. Tad's had 3 years to try to figure out an offense to combat the zone.

I'm saying Craig Robinson is the worst coach in the league. There were a lot of errors we saw that are not characteristic of a Tad Boyle coached team. I mean, we scored 72 against OSU the 1st time we played them. We will not get beat for a second time by the worst team in the league. We had a 82% chance of victory on Saturday, OSU pulled a pretty big upset there and poorly coached teams don't do that twice in a row.

I'm saying Craig Robinson is the worst coach in the league. There were a lot of errors we saw that are not characteristic of a Tad Boyle coached team. I mean, we scored 72 against OSU the 1st time we played them. We will not get beat for a second time by the worst team in the league. We had a 82% chance of victory on Saturday, OSU pulled a pretty big upset there and poorly coached teams don't do that twice in a row.

Agreed, but Craig Robinson is pretty much known as the worst coach in the league. It's concerning that he is somehow the one who figured out to go with zone and stick with it. I don't get it. CU shot UCLA out of the zone this year, outside of that they haven't done it. It's just a miracle we haven't seen it more.

Seriously guys, we need to stop overestimating OSU. Do they have some talent? Sure. But Craig Robinson is also their coach. We're not going to play the same lazy, sloppy defense that we did on Saturday nor will we see the same lack of energy.

I think you're reading too much into this. The committee isn't as focused on Colorado as we are. I don't think there's is enough to show that Tad is trying to mislead the committee.

I think you're reading too much into this. The committee isn't as focused on Colorado as we are. I don't think there's is enough to show that Tad is trying to mislead the committee.
No they aren't but when their is a possibility of your best player and the leading rebounder in the nation has some weight to it IMO

No they aren't but when their is a possibility of your best player and the leading rebounder in the nation has some weight to it IMO
I agree, I just don't think it looks works if he announced yesterday that Dre wasn't going to play. Only if he tore his ACL or something but not something that can be day-to-day.

Back