1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woelk backtracks? Now a decision on Hawkins future must be made soon.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by JimmyBuff, Nov 15, 2009.

1. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Funny, this guy a few weeks back said Hawkins was clearly safe and not going anywhere.. Now a decision must be made soon? :smile2:

That would be footballcoachscoop.com.. :thumbsup:

Later in the article he states he isn't "sure" that a coaching change is in the best interests of the program.. :rofl: Guess he's still drinking the kool-aid.. :smile2:

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_13792854

2. Buttermaker

Buttermaker Active Member

Jimmy - I take the thumbs up that you know that the "source" for that website is legit and adding some validity?

That site has definitely raised eyebrows among Buff fans lately.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  3. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Actually I can't confirm any validity about the site or whether they are accurate or not.. Only thing I can say is that I have been following them and they have had some accurate calls in the past few weeks..

I was the one that found the site by accident about a month ago when searching for Bohn's hires in the past. Then I posted something about what they said about Hawkins contract status or something.. Give credit to Google for putting me on that site.. :thumbsup:

Like all of Buff nation, I hope its TRUE..

4. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Woelk changes his tune as much as the wind blows in ames.

5. canuck_buff

canuck_buff Active Member

Do not **** on Woelk he has been the best guy on the pulse of the Buffs for years.

6. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

If you say so....

7. stampy

stampy Well-Known Member

I am convinced that Woelk is being used as a mouthpiece by Bohn to guide public sentiment. Think about it, Woelk pulls a random concept of a Bill McCartney-esque mentor for Hawkins, and two days later the heavens open up and drop Bob Simmons right into the picture. That can not be coincidence.

I take this to mean that Bohn is going to pull the trigger soon, possibly right after Thurs game.

8. buffsfan01

buffsfan01 Member

dammit i was hoping hawky would get fired on the trip back to boulder!!!

9. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

If by "best guy on the pulse of the Buffs for years", you mean "Can't hold Patrick Ridgell's jockstrap", then I totally agree.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  10. Costa Rica Buff

Costa Rica Buff Active Member

Didn't Woelk write an article a year or two ago calling on the school to extend Hawkins contract?

Overall, I think Woelk is a good columnist, second only to Ridgell when it comes to writing about the buffs.

11. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

That's the line that stuck out to me. Come on Neill, quite being a sap and take a damm stand for Hawk to be let go. Everyone can see that's what needs to happen here!!!!

12. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I agree that Woelk is Bohn's guy in the local media. Always read Woelk with a thought to that relationship and knowledge that even when he's writing stuff that seems a little out there, his sources are good. He also likes Dan Hawkins a lot, so I believe this is difficult for him.

13. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Look, hes a Buff loyalist, and gets good sources because of it. Frankly, I know where he is coming from so I can screen him out. I don't agree with him on this, but a rabid program loyalist in the local media is not a bad thing. It could be one hell of a lot worse