What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Woelk backtracks? Now a decision on Hawkins future must be made soon.

JimmyBuff

Funny, this guy a few weeks back said Hawkins was clearly safe and not going anywhere.. Now a decision must be made soon? :smile2:

Saturday`s loss was Hawkins` 18th in 20 tries on the road during his tenure at CU. It also ended the Buffs` faint bowl eligibility hopes and clinched Hawkins` fourth consecutive losing season. In his three-plus years at CU, he is 16-31. He has not won back-to-back games since early in the 2008 season, and barring a miracle finish this year, he`ll finish with a losing conference record for the third time in four years.

No doubt, the drumbeats for dismissal are sure to reach a crescendo in the coming days.

Saturday afternoon, one football Web site was already reporting that Hawkins would be given a buyout and not retained at season`s end. While the veracity of such reports can be questioned, it is clear that Hawkins future in Boulder is tenuous at best.

It means that very soon, athletic director Mike Bohn and chancellor Phil DiStefano must come to a decision.

That would be footballcoachscoop.com.. :thumbsup:

Later in the article he states he isn't "sure" that a coaching change is in the best interests of the program.. :rofl: Guess he's still drinking the kool-aid.. :smile2:

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_13792854

Jimmy - I take the thumbs up that you know that the "source" for that website is legit and adding some validity?

That site has definitely raised eyebrows among Buff fans lately.

Last edited:
Jimmy - I take the thumbs up that you know that the "source" for that website is legit and adding some validity?

That site has definitely raised eyebrows among Buff fans lately.

Actually I can't confirm any validity about the site or whether they are accurate or not.. Only thing I can say is that I have been following them and they have had some accurate calls in the past few weeks..

I was the one that found the site by accident about a month ago when searching for Bohn's hires in the past. Then I posted something about what they said about Hawkins contract status or something.. Give credit to Google for putting me on that site.. :thumbsup:

Like all of Buff nation, I hope its TRUE..

Actually I can't confirm any validity about the site or whether they are accurate or not.. Only thing I can say is that I have been following them and they have had some accurate calls in the past few weeks..

I was the one that found the site by accident about a month ago when searching for Bohn's hires in the past. Then I posted something about what they said about Hawkins contract status or something.. Give credit to Google for putting me on that site.. :thumbsup:

Like all of Buff nation, I hope its TRUE..

Woelk changes his tune as much as the wind blows in ames.

Woelk changes his tune as much as the wind blows in ames.

I am convinced that Woelk is being used as a mouthpiece by Bohn to guide public sentiment. Think about it, Woelk pulls a random concept of a Bill McCartney-esque mentor for Hawkins, and two days later the heavens open up and drop Bob Simmons right into the picture. That can not be coincidence.

I take this to mean that Bohn is going to pull the trigger soon, possibly right after Thurs game.

Do not **** on Woelk he has been the best guy on the pulse of the Buffs for years.

If by "best guy on the pulse of the Buffs for years", you mean "Can't hold Patrick Ridgell's jockstrap", then I totally agree.

Last edited:
Didn't Woelk write an article a year or two ago calling on the school to extend Hawkins contract?

Overall, I think Woelk is a good columnist, second only to Ridgell when it comes to writing about the buffs.

Funny, this guy a few weeks back said Hawkins was clearly safe and not going anywhere.. Now a decision must be made soon? :smile2:

Later in the article he states he isn't "sure" that a coaching change is in the best interests of the program.. :rofl: Guess he's still drinking the kool-aid.. :smile2:

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_13792854

That's the line that stuck out to me. Come on Neill, quite being a sap and take a damm stand for Hawk to be let go. Everyone can see that's what needs to happen here!!!!

I agree that Woelk is Bohn's guy in the local media. Always read Woelk with a thought to that relationship and knowledge that even when he's writing stuff that seems a little out there, his sources are good. He also likes Dan Hawkins a lot, so I believe this is difficult for him.

Look, hes a Buff loyalist, and gets good sources because of it. Frankly, I know where he is coming from so I can screen him out. I don't agree with him on this, but a rabid program loyalist in the local media is not a bad thing. It could be one hell of a lot worse

Back