What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Woelk: Still believed a win last night would have changed the equation " a little"

JimmyBuff

Living in fantasy land Woelk.. Talkins was gone win or lose..

One thing he does bring up that is true:

What Thursday night displayed once again is what CU fans have seen for much of this season. These Buffs are not a team bereft of talent. Whoever roams CU’s sidelines next year will not be working with a bare cupboard.

Rather, it will be well-stocked with a promising quarterback, a solid stable of running backs, a potentially solid offensive line and what could be a terrific group of wide receivers. Almost all of the players who made a difference Thursday night — from Tyler Hansen to Markques Simas to Brian Lockridge to Scotty McKnight to Rodney Stewart — will be back for the 2010 season.

It’s the same story on defense. Cornerbacks Jalil Brown and Jimmy Smith are returning. Ditto for Anthony Perkins, Tyler Ahles, Will Pericak, Michael Sipili, Marquez Herrod and Jon Major.

Add to those lists a promising group of redshirt freshmen, and CU’s talent level should be the best it’s been in years, reaching back at least to the latter stages of the Gary Barnett era.

Yes Woelk, the new coach will have some pieces together.. .Hopefully the new coach will COACH SMART and teach the players to play fundamental football without the careless penalties something that Talkins has repeatedly shown he's incapable of doing..

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_13830305

Re: Woelk: Still believed a win last night would have changed the equation " a little

I honestly believe that we could take any head coach in D1 football and win more games with him than with Dan Hawkins next season.

Re: Woelk: Still believed a win last night would have changed the equation " a little

I honestly believe that we could take any head coach in D1 football and win more games with him than with Dan Hawkins next season.

Unfortunately we have a much tougher schedule next year than we did this year..

AT CAL

Georgia at home

CSU at a neutral site..

at NEB, KAN, MISSOURI, OU

home vs TTech, Iowa State, Baylor and KjSU.

Any competent football coaching staff would get us to a bowl game next year. A great staff would win the north and possibly pull an upset in the b12c game. With Hawkins and company, I would expect 2-4 wins.

Any competent football coaching staff would get us to a bowl game next year. A great staff would win the north and possibly pull an upset in the b12c game. With Hawkins and company, I would expect 2-4 wins.

I'm going to stick to a bowl game as a goal for the new coach... Until we have a decent OL/DL its hard for me to picture CU winning the conference anytime soon..

If there is a new staff there will be so many things to work out. Sorry no more Koolaid for me for a while. Even with a change I won't be predicting a winning season for the Buffs in 2010.

Certainly not with Hawk, not even with a new staff - even if they hire my horse in the great speculative new coach debate.

Back