What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

woelk's column and the hawk and hagan vids...

Liver

modded mod
Club Member
Junta Member
just watched those vids. woelk's column was remarkably unilluminating and very cautious. i found it odd. but those videos... hawkins looked positively shell-shocked and confused. hagan appeared pissed off and surprised. those were interesting.

just watched those vids. woelk's column was remarkably unilluminating and very cautious. i found it odd. but those videos... hawkins looked positively shell-shocked and confused. hagan appeared pissed off and surprised. those were interesting.

Truthfully, I didn't even recognize Hawkins at first...he looked like an old man! Weird. As to Hagan, I gotta say, he has cute dimples...but then, making a big deal of getting the news via text message, the most modern, quickest way of communication or getting pissed off about it, is silly. If Scott had called him on the phone, it may have gone straight to voice mail and who knows when he would have seen it. Texting was the best method of getting him the news of his decision.....as I said on NBs, what would have been better? A telegram? Morse code? :huh:

Truthfully, I didn't even recognize Hawkins at first...he looked like an old man! Weird. As to Hagan, I gotta say, he has cute dimples...but then, making a big deal of getting the news via text message, the most modern, quickest way of communication or getting pissed off about it, is silly. If Scott had called him on the phone, it may have gone straight to voice mail and who knows when he would have seen it. Texting was the best method of getting him the news of his decision.....as I said on NBs, what would have been better? A telegram? Morse code? :huh:

Uh... I don't know. Maybe actually finding time to meet with him in his office and discussing his decision face to face?

Didn't Hawk say that when he heard first from Hagan, he sent him a text back? Why not call him if texting is so weak? Who really cares, he's gone now and we have to move on.. next order of business, a new head coach!

he looks like a guy at the very end of his rope. i think he's done, emotionally and mentally.

i feel bad for him on a personal level. he seems like a good man who is trying his best. he's not like chuck fairbanks who was just here to take our money, drink our alcohol, and play golf.

hawkins is just over his head. that's got to be a tough thing for him to realize. i suspect he's got enough self-awareness to know he's over his head.

Yeah, I felt bad for him when I saw that interview. He genuinely came here to win games and hasn't. It's not like he hasn't tried to, he is simply in over his head. He has to know that he needs 4 wins or he's out of here and that has to be eating away at him.

Hawk has aged considerably in the past 2 1/2 months. I truly wish him no ill will and have nothing personal against him.

he looks like a guy at the very end of his rope. i think he's done, emotionally and mentally.

i feel bad for him on a personal level. he seems like a good man who is trying his best. he's not like chuck fairbanks who was just here to take our money, drink our alcohol, and play golf.

hawkins is just over his head. that's got to be a tough thing for him to realize. i suspect he's got enough self-awareness to know he's over his head.

Yup, some good points there. Looks like he's at the very end of his rope and after almost 4 full seasons it appears that he is indeed in over his head.

Next time I fire someone I am going to do it by text message.

that is all.

Hawk has aged considerably in the past 2 1/2 months. I truly wish him no ill will and have nothing personal against him.

The haircut thread started out as just fashion commentary, but you can actually see what happened this year in his face. I don't wish Dan Hawkins any ill will. I see pain here. I still think he's a nice guy who wants the best for the school. I do.

http://www.allbuffs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39439

It's been said already, but I've got to say that I feel sad for the guy on a personal level after watching the video. He clearly seems to be in over his head and this DS stuff seems to just be the straw that broke the camels back. he's a good man, and he has tried to do things "the right way". I appreciate what he's done here (in cleaning up the program's image after the "scandal") and wanted him to succeed, and I wish him the best in the future. That said, I do think it's time for him to go.

I hope Darrell's hot ass girl dumps him over txt... Everything else was all class by him tho imo

Like Liver said, I think it's clear Hawkins did not come here merely for a paycheck and doesn't give a **** about how poorly the team is doing, like Faribanks was. While the team's performance is certainly similar to the Fairbanks era in terms of wins vs. losses, I honestly don't think it's intentional. I can see that on Hawk's face. And it makes me very sad.

While I do believe a separation between CU and Hawk is necessary, and the sooner the better, I feel we as a fan base have largely been far too personal in expressing our disappointment/frustration/anger with Hawk. I realize that it's easy to cross the line from critiquing a job performance into personal insults; I am guilty of that, and I am very sorry.

Let's try to make this divorce a little more amicable.

I was impressed by the Boise State fans who write about Hawkins' slide from favor, and that so many were happy to see him go, and happier that Peterson took over. I didn't pay attention to their ramblings when Hawk was leaving - I wish I had - but they now proclaim "everyone (fans) was happy to see him go" and only feared that Coach Peterson would leave with him.

I am not ambivalent about Hawkins' tenure here, but I do believe we either buy into a coach for a long period of time or dump him quickly - in for a penny, in for a pound, so to speak.

I'm just amazed that, on the several "next coach?" threads, so many new flash-in-the-pan names are touted as The Next Big Thing.

Back