1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Women's Basketball Practice Tips Off

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Goose, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I missed this article, but the women's basketball team started practice on Monday. Some good quotes in there on how the team is shaping up.

2. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

BTW, there's been a lot of talk about Reese & Arielle Roberson, but it sounds like Lexy Kresl is one hell of a player too. She was the ESPN RISE player of the week once last season and they had a nice write-up on her.

3. BeBe

BeBe Club Member Club Member

Found this from an article eearlier this year. Sounds like Lexi wasn't content with her prodigious scoring. She knew CU was looking for her to be a scorer and she planned to work on that more before she got here this summer.

TRIFECTABASKETBALL:" What are your goals for the spring and summer to prepare yourself for a successful college career?"

LK: "This spring and summer I plan to work harder than I ever have before. I know that is the biggest mistake many make after signing to a program, they think they already have it made. I want to be conditioned, both physically and mentally, before going to Colorado and I plan to work on scoring in multiple ways, more effectively, as my main job will be just that. I want to prepare myself so that when I arrive no one questions if I should be there, and I don't want to be surprised by the workload or effort I will have to endure."

4. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

this is the mindset that all athletes at the college level should have. CU could use a lot more of this.

5. buff190

buff190 Club Member Club Member

Wow, Lexi hasn't played a second yet in a CU uniform and she is already one of my favorite Buffs! Great attitude!!!

6. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

I like the scrimmage idea. At least gets everyone out playing against someone besides their teammates. New defensive arrangements, etc.