What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Women's Basketball Signs Three For 2012-13 Season

The number 38, and 63 players in the country in this class with a big front court size upgrade in Jamee Swan. Great class for Coach Linda Lappe.

XUPJRGSXSWEVVRG.20111109174451.jpg

Lauren Huggins

The top ranked player in the state according to HoopGurlz, Huggins hopes to be a role model to keep future in state kids at home.
“I remember as I was growing up a lot of good players leaving the state to play,” Huggins said. “For me to stay here, maybe it will inspire some others to do the same, and help bring it back to the way it used to be...that Colorado way.”

QJWSVZHFTILQFLB.20111109174825.jpg

Jamee Swan

Swan is a 6-2 forward from Tucson’s Marana High School. A four-star HoopGurlz prospect, she is rated as the eighth best forward in the nation and the 38th best player overall.

“Fans will really enjoy seeing what Jamee brings to the court,” Lappe said. “She plays with a lot of fire, passion, and resiliency and she gives us a post presence in this class. She is a dynamic rebounder who has the strength to finish down low but can also move to the outside to face up at times. Jamee will be a great addition to our team and we are looking forward to helping her reach her goals while she is at CU.”

TYFAEEYKCQYCHQM.20111109174428.jpg

Kyleesha Weston

“Ky fills our need at the point guard position,” Lappe said. “She sees the floor very well, has good quickness both offensively and defensively. She handles the ball well, and continues to become more of a scoring threat. She is the ultimate team player and we look for her to make a great transition to the college game.”

Weston earned first team All-Kansas City Suburban Big 6 Conference and all-district honors as a junior. She had six double-doubles (points and steals) and recorded season game high with 29 points and 12 steals. Weston fell in love with the CU campus on her visit and looks forward to joining her new teammates after graduation.

“I chose Colorado because of the coaching staff, the (Pac-12) conference and the campus,” Weston said. “I was speechless when I saw the campus. It’s beautiful.”

As good as the men's class appears to be, I think the women's haul is more impressive. I think this class will impact Lappe's program more than Boyle's class will.

Congrats to Lappe - everything I hear is positive about her as a person and a coach. I hope she keeps it going.

Gotta love "that Colorado way"

Congrats to all three, espeically Lauren for staying in state! Go Buffs!

Back