1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Women's basketball visiting USC- Started at 1:00 MT

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by AztecBuff, Feb 8, 2015.

1. AztecBuff

AztecBuff Club Member Club Member

Been out enjoying the early springtime weather, so hadn't start a thread on this game yet.

Haven't seen any of the game; Buffs are up 23-21 at the half. Looking at the WBB twitter account, sounds like they had their unfortunately common slow offensive start (they were down 12-6 8 minutes into the game), but obviously they improved up later in the half. They just showed halftime stats- also as usual, turnovers have been a negative (11-6), but it sounds like the boards have helped the Buffs to their narrow lead.

2. AztecBuff

AztecBuff Club Member Club Member

Well, I'm obviously a jinx, so am leaving to enjoy the weather some more. Buffs now down 44-29. USC has hit some threes, Buffs not hitting pretty much anything, and lots of turnovers in the half. ~11:45 left

3. pwbuffan

pwbuffan Member

Problem is not you it is a combination of Lappe's recruiting and coaching. To be honest when she had Roberson last year her team looked almost as bad as it does now with mostly her recruits. Yet the argument to keeping her is she has more of her recruits coming in which is kind of funny when you think about it.

4. buffgal

buffgal Club Member Club Member

The team looked terrible all this weekend.

If you say the One on One special on Altitude, Lappe isn't going anywhere.

5. 90sBuff

90sBuff Club Member Club Member

Lappe may not be going anywhere, but I would also highly doubt there will be much excitement around CU women's basketball given the results this year. Pretty disappointing in my opinion. If she doesn't get it done next year, will that be the end of her tenure here? when does her contract end?

6. jsmilkst

jsmilkst Club Member Club Member

I would say, given 2 really good years and 2 pretty bad ones, next year is the rubber band year. Improvement and she'll stay another couple, another like this and ...

7. buffgal

Does CU want to invest in women's basketball? That means money to hire a name coach. CU didn't do that with their last two hires.

8. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

When I look at even programs like Tennessee and UConn losing money, it seems to me that WBB is a sport that you can be really great at if you're willing to lose millions every year.

I think CU would rather be a NIT caliber WBB program with occasional NCAA bids and equally occasional no postseason while staying within a smaller budget.

9. buffgal

Sadly I agree and it probably means Lappe will be arond.