What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Women's Golf Set To Host Pac-12 Championships (Boulder Country Club-Monday-Wednesday)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Cubuffs.com main article here- http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=210021093

"
BOULDER – The 2015 Women’s Golf Pac-12 Championships are coming to Boulder, as the University of Colorado will host the three-day tournament, Monday, April 20 – Wednesday, April 22.

The event is slated for 54-holes, 18 holes each day at the par-71, 6,437-yard Boulder Country Club.

“We are very excited to host the Pac-12 here in Boulder,” said Colorado head coach Anne Kelly. “It gives us the chance to showcase our beautiful area to the Pac-12 women’s golf programs for the first time. Boulder Country Club is looking very nice and is in good shape. The staff and membership at the club have been quite supportive of hosting the event and are excited to watch the competition.”

"
Another related article entitled "Brooks: Lee Excited For Buffs To Host Pac-12 Tourney"- http://www.cubuffs.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=210023591

"
BOULDER – As a high school senior in Los Alamitos, Calif., Esther Lee’s choice of colleges ranged from the best to the very best. Not only was she a three-year member of the Principal’s Honor Roll, her golf game was a couple of huge drives and sweet chips beyond spectacular.
The Buffs get another opportunity against Oregon, Oregon State and the rest of the formidable Pac-12 next week (Monday-Wednesday) when CU hosts the conference women’s golf tournament at Boulder Country Club. The Pac-12 features six schools in this week’s NCAA Division I Top 25, including No. 1 USC and No. 3 UCLA. CU is ranked No. 39....
"

And, Another article from Brian Howell/ the Daily Camera about the championships here- http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-college-sports/ci_27947106/cu-womens-golf-boulder-cc-should-offer-challenge?source=rss""

"Title- CU women's golf: Boulder CC should offer challenge for Pac-12 teams- Buffs coach says par-71 layout tough but fair

Whichever team and player comes out on top of the Pac-12 Women's Golf Championships this week, it will be a well-deserved championship.

With a field that includes many of the country's best college teams and many of the top individual players, the Pac-12 championships were going to be tough regardless.

The Boulder Country Club isn't going to make life easy, either.
"

Scheduled tee times for the various teams here- http://pac-12.com/womens-golf/champ...golf-championship-tee-times-event-information (Looks like the Buffs tee it up at 10:40 AM MT Monday and Tuesday. Looks like the Wednesday tee times are currently incorrect, so can't tell when they tee it off that day. (Schedule doesn't show tee times for some seeds, while others tee off twice.)

Live results- http://www.golfstatresults.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=participants&tid=6701

TV- Looks like there's just a one hour show way after the event. Per the Pac 12 site- "TV coverage of the event will debut in a one-hour special on Sunday, May 10 starting at 10 a.m. PT / 11 a.m. MT on Pac-12 Networks."

Video preview (~10 minutes- includes interviews with Rick George, CU Coach Anne Kelly, players, preview of the course, etc.)- http://www.cubuffs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&id=3947891

Edit- Live stream apparently available at http://pac-12.com/videos/university-colorado-2 .

Last edited:
CDD8IUfWMAAeMGd.jpg

Cal went down in the rankings like a hooker in a cheap Emarcadaro hotel!

EDIT: Sorry, I don't really watch or play golf. Everything I know about trash-talking in the sport I learned from Happy Gilmore.

I grew up on that course. It plays long but manageable. A few water hazards but nothing that is too difficult. The 13th can bite you in the ass if you think you're a big hitter. I still play it 2-3 times a year with my Dad and I shoot in the high 90's. Basically, I could be on the ASU women's golf team. That probably wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

I'm curious as to why they didn't hold it at the Colorado National in Erie.

I grew up on that course. It plays long but manageable. A few water hazards but nothing that is too difficult. The 13th can bite you in the ass if you think you're a big hitter. I still play it 2-3 times a year with my Dad and I shoot in the high 90's. Basically, I could be on the ASU women's golf team. That probably wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

I'm curious as to why they didn't hold it at the Colorado National in Erie.

I see you've taken the Cal hooker theme and run with it, but the whole "ass biting" bit might have been over the top.

As I've now added in the original post (and was also noted in the scoreboards pasted above), there is evidently a live stream available at http://pac-12.com/videos/university-colorado-2 once the rounds start.
(Be interested to hear/ see what the stream is like and what's covered. I was out there today, and didn't see many cameras, with the main one I noticed being stationary behind the 18th green.)

Buffs just beginning their rounds for the day. Starting from the Back 9 today, looks like they took good advantage of the Par 5 10th hole, and are -3 early.

Buffs ~1/2 way through their 2nd rounds, and playing well. (Looks like Esther Lee pacing the Buffs at -3, with 3 others at even par.)

Pac 12 champs_W Golf_2nd round half way_2015-04-21.png

Looks like CU and AZ are feeding off each other's momentum.

Not directly. The Buffs started on the Back 9 and are, I believe, playing with OSU players. AZ started on the front 9, and I think are playing with USC.

Buffs just beginning their rounds for the day. Starting from the Back 9 today, looks like they took good advantage of the Par 5 10th hole, and are -3 early.

10th hole is a par 5 for women only. It's a par 4 for men. It's a dog-leg left, and if you are good enough, you can cut the trees and put the ball within about 150 yards of the hole off the tee. It's a good hole to score on for the women. Tougher for men, because it's hard to reach the green in regulation. It takes two 200+ yard shots to hit the green in regulation from the blue tees.

The back 9 is, in my opinion, the easier group. The front 9 has a massive par 5 2nd hole with a boatload of traps in front of the green that make it very hard to reach in 2. The 4th hole is super long and the landing area is tiny. Both the 8th and 9th holes are really, really long, too. 9th is almost straight uphill the whole way and the green has a major slope to it. Even if you reach in 2, draining a 2-putt is close to impossible.

Now that I think about it, I think the ladies tees on the 4th are on the other side of the ditches. Water is in play from the men's tees, but not really from the ladies tees. It's a lot easier hole for them.

Buffs are down to even par for the round, but still in 6th overall with a few holes to go in this 2nd of 3 rounds. Ms. Lee still with a very good round going.

Pac 12 champs_W Golf_2nd round 2nd check_2015-04-21.png

The double bogey on 17 hurts. That's a hole you should score on. Wide fairway, minimal water, large green without a ton of sand around it. The green itself can be tricky, but it's a hole that shouldn't be that much of a problem.

I'm surprised nobody is scoring any better on 14. It's the easiest hole on the course, IMO. I've birdied that hole more than once. And I suck. Get a halfway decent drive and you're within 100 yards of the green. That hole can kill you if you are a slicer, though. Lots of trees and tall grass on the right.

It's going to be hard to score on those last two holes. 8 and 9 are tough.

I had wondered what the stream was going to be like, and it does look pretty minimal, with the only "action" caught being drives off the 1st tee (and they didn't even try to follow the ball down the fairway), and the 9th and 18th greens.

Looks like the Buff women are starting to hit the 9th green for their last hole of the day.

The Buffs are now done for the day, and finish +5 for the day, and are currently tied for 6th place with #1 ranked USC. They are, however, one of the 1st teams done, so could of course still move up or down the leaderboard depending on how other teams do on their remaining holes. (Looks like weather, namely some overcast and quite a bit of wind, has started to pick up.)

The 9th green was NOT kind to the Buffs. All the Buffs except maybe one were inside ~20 ft. (??? I'm horrible estimating distances) and putting for birdies, but-
Ms. Lee carded her only bogey of the day on the 9th by missing a 2-3 foot par putt.
Brittany Fan also 3 putted on the hole, from ~12-15 feet away.
Then, Alexis Keating missed her tap in par putt from less than 2 feet. ( She is as can be seen below still tied with Ms. Lee for low Buff through 2 rounds at +2.)

Hope they finish off strong tomorrow!

Pac 12 champs_W Golf_2nd round_Buffs done_2015-04-21.png

Last edited:
The 2nd round is now complete for all the teams. It looks like Stanford had some issues coming home, and the Buffs therefore move up and end the day in a tie for 5th with USC. If I can interpret/ guess the Pac 12 schedule for tee times properly (http://pac-12.com/womens-golf/champ...golf-championship-tee-times-event-information- still looks screwed up for tomorrow's final round with no seeds 7-12 listed and seeds 3-6 listed twice), I'd guess the 1st Buff will be starting off from the 1st tee at 9:30 AM MT.

Final team results after the completion of round 2-

Pac 12 champs_W Golf_2nd round_Final_2015-04-21.png

Looks like a battle for fifth with USC. Gaining 9 or 10 strokes will be very tough. Not impossible though. That'd be 2-1/2 strokes per player.

The 9th green is a certified bitch. I hate that damn hole. I can't count the number of times I've reached that stupid green in regulation, only to 4-putt my way to a double bogey. Maddening hole.

The 9th green is a certified bitch. I hate that damn hole. I can't count the number of times I've reached that stupid green in regulation, only to 4-putt my way to a double bogey. Maddening hole.
You need to keep your balls below the hole. Any golfer knows this.

GREAT job by the Buffs today. Shoot an overall -1 for the day, paced by Alexis Keating's -5. Overall, Buffs are in 5th at +16 for the tournament, and easily beat the #1 ranked Trojans, who ended up at +24.

Last edited:
Too much to make up between #5 and #4. Started the day 9 strokes out of 4th place. That's tough to make up without some kind of collapse from the opponent.

GREAT job by the Buffs today. Shoot an overall -1 for the day, paced by Alexis Keating's -5. Overall, Buffs are in 5th at +16 for the tournament, and easily beat the #1 ranked Trojans, who ended up at +24.
Awesome! I knew they wouldn't be able to get to 4th but was hoping they could beat USC for 5th.

Back