What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Women's Hoops Recruiting

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
OK, I need help from the posters here that are more knowledgeable than I am (which would be pretty much everyone here but @Darth Snow. Where are good places to get women's recruiting write ups/profiles? Obviously on the men's side we use Rivals, Scout, 247sports and "ESPN". I used to use Hoopgirlz, but it doesn't seem to have much lately. Where should I be looking? With the new staff's energy and effort out there, it's obvious that this is going to be a busy section of the board over the next few years so I want to see what we can do.

Goose, I don't know of anything beyond ESPN's HoopGurlz and ProspectsNation.com for wbb recruiting.

Thanks guys. Honestly, I wasn't even aware Hoopgurlz was still updating. Every time I checked on a recruit they didn't have a profile page there so I had given up.

Neither one really keeps up with the latest on recruiting on a regular basis. ProspectsNation still has Bria Rice committed to Colorado. But, when they have profiles, they are pretty good. ESPN is meh. But there doesn't seem to be anything better out there.

All the women's recruiting services seem to be way behind, except on maybe the top prospects in the nation. A lot of the stuff I end up digging up is from local newspapers and such

All the women's recruiting services seem to be way behind, except on maybe the top prospects in the nation. A lot of the stuff I end up digging up is from local newspapers and such

Fortunately, it seems like the new coaching staff is going to be active on twitter. That will help us know what's going on.

I get most of my info from various twitter sources, as well as Prospect Nation. The only good thing about Hoopgirls these days is that they seem to have more info on the younger and lesser known recruits, which is helpful. Problem with HG is their info is mostly outdated with the upper tier kids, which makes them useless since these kids evolve so quickly during their prep years that you have to have recent info to get a proper perspective of their true value.

As far as changing commitments is concerned, Prospect Nation will not change any commit info unless the change is submitted by the recruit themselves. If you guys remember they had Kenzie Ellis still listed for TCU right up until she finally signed with the Buffs last year, even though she withdrew her commitment, they wouldn't change it unless she notified them, and she didn't bother. So that is why Bria is still listed with CU.

It does appear that the new staff believes that it is wise to release info on recruiting and I totally agree. These kids today follow that stuff on social media and so do their parents. Staffs that refuse to release recruiting info look like they are inactive or even inept and the kids see this and so do the parents. The days of closed, super-secret programs is long gone and so are programs that are run like the Navy Seals or the CIA. That is why some of these older coaches are finding themselves facing accusations and losing players. If you keep things transparent and up front, you will garner more trust from both recruits and their parents and you won't be defending yourself against false accusations.

BTW, another place to garner a little info are the fan forums of the other PAC 12 teams. Of course it has to be subject to some careful review....hahah!! All the other boards seem to have a few fans, or maybe I should say non-fans, who post some pretty off the wall stuff, but it at least is worth a few giggles. CAL fans really didn't like us "stealiing" their coach, especially right after losing Gabby Green. Like I said, you may not get much info but you do get a few giggles.

I like giggles. I don't pay for any of the sites, but I do see things on Twitter. I've seen most of the recruiting stuff from this staff on Twitter first. Never saw stuff on Twitter when Lappe was coaching. I know the coaching staff can't release information, but I would see nothing about a verbal to CU. Today's recruits are active on social media. Coach Payne has a private Instagram account, but the team is all following her. I would see things on Instagram when recruits were on campus.

The kids also use SnapChat, which I do not and will not. I think Coach Payne and staff are wise to be on Twitter and Instagram and to interact with the players and their families. Kids want exposure. They know they can play ball and they want others to know also.

There are some twitter accounts who tweet when a player is looking for a new school.

Chris Hansen and his group with Prospect Nation are probably the best overall- both Nationally and Internationally. Really solid on West Coast and Midwest. Mike Flynn and his group at Blue Star are really good on the East and North East. Flynn is heavily involved in Nike EYBL and runs the Philly Bells, player rankings tend to favor his club and players from that region

Back