What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Women's Soccer Colorado Cup

DU on Saturday or is there a double-header one day?

And, 3-0!

(I may have to go into chat after drinking some more.)

My mistake. Denver takes on Northern Colorado at noon and we face Colorado College at 2:30, both games are in Boulder.

DU defeated CC last night meaning that CU needs to defeat CC Sunday afternoon and perhaps by multiple goals as DU most likely will plaster UNC. If both CU and DU win (or draw) tomorrow the Colorado Cup goes to the team with the largest goal difference.

CU and DU don't play each other in the Cup competition. And CC has to play both DU and CU. Doesn't seem right to me.

DU defeated CC last night meaning that CU needs to defeat CC Sunday afternoon and perhaps by multiple goals as DU most likely will plaster UNC. If both CU and DU win (or draw) tomorrow the Colorado Cup goes to the team with the largest goal difference.

CU and DU don't play each other in the Cup competition. And CC has to play both DU and CU. Doesn't seem right to me.

Denver won 2-1 in overtime while we won 3-0, so I think that the Buffs are in good position in they win.

Denver won 2-1 in overtime while we won 3-0, so I think that the Buffs are in good position in they win.

Yes, but . . . There is a god chance that DU defeats UNC by 3 or more goals. On the other hand, DU plays before CU Sunday so CU will know exactly what they need to do to keep the cup.

Yes, but . . . There is a god chance that DU defeats UNC by 3 or more goals. On the other hand, DU plays before CU Sunday so CU will know exactly what they need to do to keep the cup.

Do you think they will beat them by that much? I honestly don't know much about either team.

Do you think they will beat them by that much? I honestly don't know much about either team.

DU is always a solid and sometimes a very good team. Their biggest issue is that they play in a very week soccer conference, the Summit League. Currently DU is ranked #25 in the nation. UNC is clearly the weakest team in the Colorado Cup field. It is entirely possible that that DU could beat UNC by more than three goals.

CC is also a good team, they (as well as DU) made the NCAA tourney last season. CU can't just show up, they have to come really ready to play.

DU and CU face each other in mid-September, but the match is not part of the Colorado Cup. Fortunately it's in Boulder this season. Last season DU had their way with the Buffs, 4-1. And the CU-CC match was 0-0.

The state of Colorado is loaded with D1 caliber female soccer players, more than one would expect with a population of about 5 million. When CU and DU play there are a lot of key players on both teams that know each other from HS and club soccer.

DU is always a solid and sometimes a very good team. Their biggest issue is that they play in a very week soccer conference, the Summit League. Currently DU is ranked #25 in the nation. UNC is clearly the weakest team in the Colorado Cup field. It is entirely possible that that DU could beat UNC by more than three goals.

CC is also a good team, they (as well as DU) made the NCAA tourney last season. CU can't just show up, they have to come really ready to play.

DU and CU face each other in mid-September, but the match is not part of the Colorado Cup. Fortunately it's in Boulder this season. Last season DU had their way with the Buffs, 4-1. And the CU-CC match was 0-0.

The state of Colorado is loaded with D1 caliber female soccer players, more than one would expect with a population of about 5 million. When CU and DU play there are a lot of key players on both teams that know each other from HS and club soccer.

Thanks for the info. Like I said I don't know too much, but I know that CU faced both schools in March in Boulder beating Denver 2-0 and tying CC 1-1.

Good info Mark. Thanks

Back