What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Women's Soccer vs UNLV (Buffs win 3-1)

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member
The final match in the Omni Soccer Classic will take place Sunday at 1:30 pm MT when the Buffs (7-1) face UNLV (5-2-2) in Boulder. The Buffs are coming off of a 4-0 win in their first match vs Stony Brook while UNLV is coming off of a 1-1 tie with Northern Colorado. The early match starts at 11am and is Stony Brook vs Northern Colorado. I probably won't be around to do play-by-play, but I'll post the results and any other info.

Live Video
Live Stats

Should be another multiple goal win for CU given comparative results. CU defeated No, Colorado earlier this season 3-0. UNC and UNLV tied Friday night.

We're in the 2nd half with 27 minutes left and the Buffs hold a 2-0 lead. They have a goal from Darcy Jerman at the 3 min mark and a goal from Heather Ward at eh 39 min mark. Also, the pac-12 has added a scoreboard to the broadcast which it has desperately needed.

I went to eat dinner and missed a couple of goals. At the 77 min mark, UNLV scored to make it 2-1. But, 5 minutes later Darcy Jerman scored her 2nd of the game to make it 3-1. There is now 6 and a half minutes remaining.

It's over. Buffs win 3-1 to improve their record to 8-1. :gobuffs:

Immediately following the telecast of the match the highlights are shown. CU was very close to scoring a few more goals before UNLV scored theirs.

Jerman now as two goals for the season, both in this match.

Next up for CU, Stanford next Saturday at Prentup. It will be the only match of the week for both teams.

The following weekend CU hosts the Oregon schools, both with loosing records in non-conference play. Those games are must wins if the Buffs are to finish in the top half of the conference standings and make the NCAA tourney.

8-1 is a very solid non-conference. Not exactly a brutal schedule, but CU is building and is smart to schedule light. That DU match was disappointing and hopefully not a hint as to what we can expect in Pac-12 play.

If this team can continue playing great defense, though, making the field of 64 for the College Cup is a realistic goal. I took a quick look and the Pac-12 put 6 teams in last year, so finishing in the top half of the conference should do it.

Back