1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wood Soaks Up All He Can At Manning Camp

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Jul 23, 2013.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

Category: Football

Perhaps there is no greater individual tribute to a young college quarterback than to know that he is both recognized and respected by the very best. It is an even higher honor when he is invited to work with and learn from those individuals he admired so much as a youth.

Originally posted by CUBuffs.com
    Click here to view the article.

2. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Intredasting.

3. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

Agree. Love this news. Surprised we hadn't (or at least I hadn't) heard before that he was participating with Johnny Football, et al. Wonder if HCMM pulled some strings to get him the invite. Either way, I think it could be big for his confidence and his development.

Yes I have Kool-Aid addiction problem, but I am optimistic Wood is going to closer to his potential with the new staff.

4. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Not sure it is good news that Wood was out drinking with Manziel.

5. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

Better than partying with Von Miller :lol:

6. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

Or Vanderbilt.

7. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Sounds like this was a confidence boost. He must have done well since it seems he was invited back for next year.

8. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

Agreed. Given that many of us felt that his lack of confidence was perhaps the biggest barrier to Wood fulfilling his potential, anything like this that helps him believe in himself is all good.

I think how things went down in TX, getting buried behind a smurf transfer QB at CU who only had a few weeks to prepare, and then performing quite poorly in game situations last year all contributed to him losing confidence. It would be hard being a #3 rated QB in the country coming out of HS and then falling to those levels.

I am hopeful that his earning the starting position (basically) after playing well in spring, combined with his teammates naming him a captain and his participation in the Manning camp have helped build him back up. Also, it sure seems like HCMM and Lindgren are contributing by encouraging him and also building an offense that he can execute.

I have said this in a few other forums but I think Connor is going to play pretty well this year. He will make some boneheaded plays due to lack of college experience but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the top 6 rated QBs in the Pac 12 after this season and next season being amongst the top 3.

Could just be the Kool-Aid again though?

9. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

Honestly if Wood can play as well as I think he is capable of, it would make up for a ton of our deficiencies. Good QB play can overcome a lot. I hope Connor can kill it in fall camp and maybe build some momentum and confidence before the season starts