What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wood Soaks Up All He Can At Manning Camp

RSSBot

News Junkie
Category: Football

Perhaps there is no greater individual tribute to a young college quarterback than to know that he is both recognized and respected by the very best. It is an even higher honor when he is invited to work with and learn from those individuals he admired so much as a youth.

Originally posted by CUBuffs.com
Click here to view the article.

I think (the experience) will just bring me more confidence because I feel like I did well in comparison to the top guys in the country. I definitely feel like I can stick with those guys.

Intredasting.

Agree. Love this news. Surprised we hadn't (or at least I hadn't) heard before that he was participating with Johnny Football, et al. Wonder if HCMM pulled some strings to get him the invite. Either way, I think it could be big for his confidence and his development.

Yes I have Kool-Aid addiction problem, but I am optimistic Wood is going to closer to his potential with the new staff.

Sounds like this was a confidence boost. He must have done well since it seems he was invited back for next year.

Sounds like this was a confidence boost. He must have done well since it seems he was invited back for next year.
Agreed. Given that many of us felt that his lack of confidence was perhaps the biggest barrier to Wood fulfilling his potential, anything like this that helps him believe in himself is all good.

I think how things went down in TX, getting buried behind a smurf transfer QB at CU who only had a few weeks to prepare, and then performing quite poorly in game situations last year all contributed to him losing confidence. It would be hard being a #3 rated QB in the country coming out of HS and then falling to those levels.

I am hopeful that his earning the starting position (basically) after playing well in spring, combined with his teammates naming him a captain and his participation in the Manning camp have helped build him back up. Also, it sure seems like HCMM and Lindgren are contributing by encouraging him and also building an offense that he can execute.

I have said this in a few other forums but I think Connor is going to play pretty well this year. He will make some boneheaded plays due to lack of college experience but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the top 6 rated QBs in the Pac 12 after this season and next season being amongst the top 3.

Could just be the Kool-Aid again though?

Agreed. Given that many of us felt that his lack of confidence was perhaps the biggest barrier to Wood fulfilling his potential, anything like this that helps him believe in himself is all good.

I think how things went down in TX, getting buried behind a smurf transfer QB at CU who only had a few weeks to prepare, and then performing quite poorly in game situations last year all contributed to him losing confidence. It would be hard being a #3 rated QB in the country coming out of HS and then falling to those levels.

I am hopeful that his earning the starting position (basically) after playing well in spring, combined with his teammates naming him a captain and his participation in the Manning camp have helped build him back up. Also, it sure seems like HCMM and Lindgren are contributing by encouraging him and also building an offense that he can execute.

I have said this in a few other forums but I think Connor is going to play pretty well this year. He will make some boneheaded plays due to lack of college experience but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the top 6 rated QBs in the Pac 12 after this season and next season being amongst the top 3.

Could just be the Kool-Aid again though?

Honestly if Wood can play as well as I think he is capable of, it would make up for a ton of our deficiencies. Good QB play can overcome a lot. I hope Connor can kill it in fall camp and maybe build some momentum and confidence before the season starts

Back