What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wood v. Gehrke v. ?? Who Starts at QB (and BB2 Hates wood)

Weird how bb2's loyalty has changed from Hirch to Dillon. NO mention of Dillon until a few months after Hirsch leaves the team. Must have been the mourning period.

Weird how bb2's loyalty has changed from Hirch to Dillon. NO mention of Dillon until a few months after Hirsch leaves the team. Must have been the mourning period.

I saw the devil posted an ad for a new advocate on jobs.com yesterday.

It's not that he likes Dillon.

He hates Wood for beating out out his man and now is in favor of anyone who might take Wood's spot.

Repeating a false claim several times will not make it true. I don't hate Wood. I will support him if he is named starter. May the best QB win. High school rankings is irrelevant.

I missed the spring game due to travel. However, I did attend a few practices and watched a couple of 30 minute scrimmages at Folsom. During that time, Hirsh was on the team and being competitive. Wood had his problems but did some very good things too. Webb was very journeymen like, but never stood out from the crowd. During that time, the two scrimmage reports I turned in to AllBuffs made no mention of Gehke because I don't recall Gehrke practicing with the team during that time. I seriously doubt Gehrke even sniffs the field this season.
Gehrke is a JUCO transfer, enrolled during the summer. He is the most experienced College level QB on the roster. Beat out Berglund a former CU commit at Juco level.

Gehrke is a JUCO transfer, enrolled during the summer. He is the most experienced College level QB on the roster. Beat out Berglund a former CU commit at Juco level.

Did Scottsdale CC join the Pac-12?

I like Gehrke. I think he'll have a shot to compete but he'd have to blow Wood away in the fall in order to win the job. A tie goes to Wood. A slight lead by Gehrke goes to Wood. This is Wood's job to lose. He's the guy. Gehrke was signed to seal up the backup job because Webb was injured/facing release, Hirschman left and there's no other experienced QB's on the roster.

Did Scottsdale CC join the Pac-12?

I like Gehrke. I think he'll have a shot to compete but he'd have to blow Wood away in the fall in order to win the job. A tie goes to Wood. A slight lead by Gehrke goes to Wood. This is Wood's job to lose. He's the guy. Gehrke was signed to seal up the backup job because Webb was injured/facing release, Hirschman left and there's no other experienced QB's on the roster.

Please post Wood college career stats.

Please post Wood college career stats.

21-42 265 yards 50% 1 TD 4 INT

also spectacular:

55-93 589 yards 59.1% 2 TD 7 INT

Is Gehrke better than both of those guys? His 51.8% completion percentage against the likes of: Pima Community College and New Mexico Military Institute doesn't exactly translate all that well to P12 play.

21-42 265 yards 50% 1 TD 4 INT

also spectacular:

55-93 589 yards 59.1% 2 TD 7 INT

Is Gehrke better than both of those guys? His 51.8% completion percentage against the likes of: Pima Community College and New Mexico Military Institute doesn't exactly translate all that well to P12 play.
Why did you leave out Gehrke touchdown, Int and passing yard stats?

Why did you leave out Gehrke touchdown, Int and passing yard stats?

Um, no specific reason. Why are you unable to google those things yourself?

2388 yards 22 TD 14 INT

JC play is just not equivalent to P12 play. Gehrke may have more overall experience than Wood, but he doesn't have anything on Wood's experience at two BCS schools and his limited experience last year. You'll disagree with this, I won't care, so feel free to not even respond with some nonsensical bull****.

WR, thank you for providing evidence to support my claim. It is not a clear cut choice who is the starter at this point. Wood is an unproven product. A QB can look good throwing deep balls to an elite receiver without any pass rush in practice. Mostly against vanilla defensives. There are a lot of good players at the JUCO ranks. A QB has to be able to overcome adversity. He has to be able to make the right reads. Shake off a bad throw to make a good throw. Drive his team down field for a winning score. Stand tall in the pocket, take the hit and deliver an accurate pass. Gehrke has done that. Wood hasn't at the College level. I can't really make a reasonable assessment to name Wood the clear starter at this point. Wood has to show me more. Should be an interesting contest. I hope all of the guys get better.

Last edited:
Stop with the "college level" bull**** - Gehrke has not played at a "college level" that matters one bit to this competition.

Stop with the "college level" bull**** - Gehrke has not played at a "college level" that matters one bit to this competition.
Junior College University (JUCO) . The last time I checked Wood was beaten out by Webb and Hirschman #44 ranked QB by scout last year. Wood ranked #9 by scout. Lets stop the hype and see what happens in camp. Wood is certainly not the clear cut starter at this point. The competition is far from over.

Junior College University (JUCO) . The last time I checked Wood was beaten out by Webb and Hirschman #44 ranked QB by scout last year. Wood ranked #9 by scout. Lets stop the hype and see what happens in camp. Wood is certainly not the clear cut starter at this point. The competition is far from over.

Huh last time I checked Wood beat out Hirsch, Dillon, Schrock, and every other QB on the roster.

I don't like to jump on the dogpile when everyone is ganging up on a poster, but you're just asking for it by being a jackass. Wood was the clear cut winner in spring ball. Hirschman left for Akron. The closest competition he has is Gehrke who has never played a down of D1 football in his life. Sefo will "compete" in fall as well but again, zero experience.

Unless Wood completely falls on his face this fall then he's the starter. Write it down.

WTF is a Junior College University? Is that like an Elementary High School?

WTF is a Junior College University? Is that like an Elementary High School?

K-State.gif

Man, stop while you are behind...Junior College University? Really? Maybe Gehrke can play Fullquarterback, wouldn't that be something.

Back