1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woody Paige Q/A on Dan Hawkins.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by JimmyBuff, Jun 13, 2010.

1. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Woody actually is making sense and right for a change. Hard to believe.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15264539

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

That was completely fair, imo.

3. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Woody's summation probably belongs in the reference section of the Dan Hawkins wiki page.

4. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

when Woody is calling you out in a plausible manner, you are in trouble.

5. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

Sadly though, Hack will NEVER admit his shortcomings all the way to the end of his soon to be shortened coaching career. No one except UC-DAvis or Northern California HSs will hire him.

The sooner he's gone to quicker we can look towards a new future; hopefully CU will actually get a homerun on the next coach hiring.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  6. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

Exactly. And it means that even Woody feels bad kicking a dead horse too much.

7. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Woody's comments on soccer were pretty ignorant. It's like he thinks nothing has changed since 1995. As for as Hawk... not bad.

8. buffwings

Oh yeah, I still think Paige is a tool and a ****bag.

9. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Believe it or not, I think Woody is right on the money. Hawkins has better have figured it out going into this season.

10. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

Yea, he better figure it out. Win or gone. I do not think that 6 or 7 wins saves his job. I am not quite sure that 8 will now save it. I am hoping that the parade and comments we have seen over the last week are truly a turning point in the committment to athletics at CU. I think he does need to hit it out of the park with wins this year or he is gone.

11. DBT

It isn't solely about wins and losses. It will be about direction. Momentum. We have two years to build momentum leading to the Pac. With a fresh new bank roll, mediocrity won't get it anymore.

12. buffwings

I seriously doubt we will see anything new to make us feel optimistic about Hack as the CU coach, so Bye Bye Dan, It's DIVISION 1 FOOTBALL! THE PAC -12!! Go Play Intramurals Dan, Go play Intramurals!

13. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I actually believe that the Hawkins-Bohn relationship is strained to the point where a 7-5 season and maybe even 8-4 will not save Dan Hawkins's job. There's a likelihood from what I am hearing that we could have a "blue sky" scenario, assuming that Hawkins delivers a decent year: winning record, strong recruiting class, and a new head coach in place before our bowl game.

14. DBT

Its kind of funny or ironic or something, but I think the Pac move has raised the bar for Dan. Where a 7 win season and a trip to a mediocre bowl would have possibly saved him before, I think he will have to do better than that now. Quite possibly, even eight wins may not get it done if recruiting doesn't pick up.

15. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

Every Big 12 game for the next two years will be magnified X100.

16. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

Dan should just quit now he is a dead man walking.

17. DBT

I don't think Hawk is a quitter.

18. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

Yea, I get feeling he and Bohn do not share many conversations and are not on each others Christmas card lists.

19. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

he's quit winning.

20. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

A columnist job is to provoke thought and emotion and get people to want to read his paper just to see what he has to say each day. If a columnist doesn't piss a bunch of people off on a frequent basis he is probably going to be unemployed soon unless he works for a paper in Omaha or Austin where he just has to have a dark brown nose.

I have been pissed at Woody at times myself but understanding what his job is and that he is not a Buff fan at heart he is right a lot more than he is wrong. The difference between Woody and a douchebag like Kizla is that Woody actually thinks and he does work hard to find different and interesting angles instead of just throwing crap out there to piss people off.

He also when he wants to can have a very good perspective on things and this column is an example of that. He states what I have believed for a long time, that Dan Hawkins in a good guy who got in over his head and failed to do the job at this level.

I have very little question in my mind that this will be Hawk's last year as HC at CU. By the end of this season the political pressure of an election during a state government financial crisis will be over. He will have another losing year under his belt and with five years nobody can say he didn't have a fair chance.

What a moron like Kizla doesn't bother to check is that the three coaches prior to Hawk all played in BCS level bowl games. This is a program that has been, can be, and should be among the elite in college football. We don't have the resources of Texas, Florida, LSU, Ohio State, etc. but we damn sure are not comparable in any way to CSU, Wyoming, SDSU, and the rest of the mid-major bunch and to say so shows a complete lack of knowlege and thought.