What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Worst 10 coaches of the BCS Era

Embree was FAR worse.

For all his faults, Hawkins was within striking distance of three bowl games in five years.
Thought the same thing. I'm guessing Embree doesn't have the name readers would recognize. We've been such a joke, the writer probably didn't even know about JE :huh:

Dumb list....Chizik won a National Championship (even if you give Cam and Malzhan most of the credit), John L. Smith was good at Michigan State and if Embree isn't Top 10 it is pointless.

Embree was unquestionably worse than Hawkins.

I'm sure you're right. Firing Hawkins was delayed at least a year too long over budgetary reasons and then with that buyout on top of the new coaching salaries of a new staff, Bohn wasn't told to open the checkbook to get the best possible coach for the program.
I know folks diss Bohn, but I agree with you and think his hands were kinda tied by the admin and budget. Bohn's hiring of Hawk was widely seen as a coup at the time and we can argue about the wisdom of extending his contract after his second year. What looked like good decisions at the time backfired, and a useless admin only compounded the problem. Bohn's real shortfall is what got him fired...couldn't raise the big bucks and marketing was lame.

The fact that we're not even aguing about which was worse - Embree or Hawkins - says a lot about how awful Embree was. Hawkins was a disaster.

Back