1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst CU coach ever?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Sep 11, 2009.

?

Worst CU coach ever?

1. Talkins

37.1%
  2. Barney

2.9%
  3. Chuckles

50.0%
  4. Weasil

7.1%
  5. other

2.9%
  1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Who is the worst cu coach ever? Still gotta go with Fairbanks, but Hawk is not far behind IMO.

2. Dunken

Dunken Member

had to go with hawk.....i am not old enough for the fairbanks time

3. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

Isn't that all out coaches for the last 25 years with the exception of Mac?? :lol:

4. Unleash Hell

ya pretty much:smile2:

5. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

I know I'll get some rip for this, but Neuheisel was good. 2 10 win seasons in 1995 and 1996, and only 1 losing season in 1997 5 - 6. I absolutely could not stand the sight of the little pink cheeked weasel, but he was the ultimate "car salesman" and could recruit with the best. Remember Barnett won the Big 12 title with Skippy's players, and when all of Skippy's recruits were gone, the $hit hit the fan. I wouldn't trust Skippy as far as I could throw him.

6. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

too soon to judge hawk. he could still deliver an 0-12 season which would propel him up the list. or, theoretically, he could deliver a 10-2 season and turn it all right around... :cool:

fairbanks was, far and away, the worst coach in my lifetime. but, hawk might put himself in the running at this rate.

7. Unleash Hell

I agree with you, but I know people that would vote for him as worst. Thats why I put it up.

8. RalphieMalph

RalphieMalph Well-Known Member

I have to break my silence on this one. I realize the team is awful this year, but there is absolutely no contest between Hawkins and Fairbanks.

Fairbanks nearly killed off football at CU in its entirely. Although it almost certainly won't be reflected in our end of season W/L record, whomever takes over the Head Coach position after Hawkins will be inheriting a program in almost infinitely better shape than the one Hawk received in 2005.

Those are facts.

Clean Undies and JimmyBuff like this.
  9. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Ralph!!!! :smile2:

Agreed.

10. TheRoyale90

TheRoyale90 Member

For what it's worth... I'm looking at my "CU Century: 100 years of Colorado University Football" (signed for me by Fred Casotti in 1990) and I'm going through the Fairbanks years. Not to be contrary but in what way is hawk better than Fairbanks?

11. Buff fanatic

Buff fanatic Well-Known Member

[QUOTEin what way is hawk better than Fairbanks?[/QUOTE]

He's not leaving the program to the point of almost collapsing in every imaginable way.

12. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Let me answer with another question...

If Coach Mac circa 1984 took over this program next year, would he go 1-10 next year, have to endure 4 straight losing seasons before he started winning and go 0-4 at the start of that fourth season?