What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Worst loss of the Hawkins era?

Worst loss in the Hawkins era?

• 2006: 10-19 vs Montana State

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • 2007: 10-55 vs Missouri

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 2008: 0-58 at Missouri

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • 2009: 17-23 vs Colorado State

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • 2009: 38-54 at Toledo

• 2010: 7-52 at Cal

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Did anyone notice Kansas rebounded and beat #15 Georgia Tech?

After one bad loss against a lower division opponent, Gill got his boys ready and came out and delivered.

After 5 years of bad losses, Hawkins just wants to clean it up...

He wants to "clean it up" in his ****ing bank account!!!

This egomaniac asshole had the stones to ASK FOR A ****ING EXTENSION a few weeks ago!!!!

The joke, I'm afraid, is on us!

One more reason this is the worst.... this team quit at halftime... at least the Toledo and Montana St teams fought until the end. They may not have had the coaching to get it done, but they didn't quit.

G-damn...there's been at least one HORRIBLE LOSS every FREAKIN' YEAR of Hawk's tenure hasn't there? Get rid of him now!

Unfortunately, the flip side of this issue is just as bad. I listed earlier what I considered seventeen (17!!!) very BAD losses under the genius Hawk. Ironically, 17 is now the total number of wins under him.

Look at the final records of the teams they've beaten thru 2009:

2006:
TTech (8-5) (Good win, 30-6 over an 8 win team)
Iowa St (4-8)

2007:
Colo St (4-8) (and that W took OT to get)
Miami OH (6-7)
Oklahoma (11-3) (obviously, GREAT win)
Baylor (3-9)
TTech (9-4) (Good win, 13 pt dog on the road)
Nebraska (5-7) (Good win over the Corn, put up 65, but another great Hawk D gave up 51)

2008:
Colo St (7-6)
Ea Wash (1-AA squad) (I remember this game, it almost qualifies as a bad loss)
West Va (9-4) (Very good win)
Kans St (5-7)
Iowa St (2-10)

2009:
Wyoming (7-6)
Kansas (5-7) (Very good win at the time, Kansas ranked #17, but they faltered badly)
Texas AM (6-7)

By my count, that's a grand total of what I'd consider six good or great wins thru 2009. Also, that's a total six wins over teams that finished the season with a winning record.

And did we know that under Hawk, CU has had two (2!!!) three game win streaks (2007: Miami Oh, Okla, Baylor; 2008: CSU, E. Wash, W. Virginia--and it's debatable as to whether E Wash should be considered a "win"). Outside of those, Hawk has never, NEVER, even won back to back games!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back