What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Worst loss.

Worst loss

• Total voters
Montana State ... end of discussion.
There are other games which have been great disappointments; others which have been embarrassing.

WORST loss ... Montana State.

Wasn't that in 06'? That 2OT 4th and 10 was the loudest I ever heard Folsom. Baylor converted.

The one I am talking about was 04 in Waco, might have been 05.

Worst part was all the Bailer fan friends we had at the game, I almost felt like I was raped.

What did we do to deserve this punishment for the past decade...

I agree Montana St. was a bad bad loss. But that game was the beginning of where the Buffs are now when you think about it.

A much brighter future the way I see it.

Montana St. That should have been foreshadowing, it definitely set the tone for the future. Kansas wasn't a bad loss at all. It was the best epicly embarrassing loss in history, because Hawkins was fired immediately afterward.

When discussing the HaLkins error, you have to include the road trip to Cal. All they hype of joining the Pac, the pep rally stamped of the state of California leading up to the game, the number of alumni and boosters who came to the game, the university administrators who made the trip, the national television audience... and we were completely non-competitive and out of the game after the first 10 minutes against a mediocre Cal squad.

Sadly, a part of me was glad it happened since the decision to retain Hawkins after 2009 was so bad that the powers that be deserved to look like clowns in front of the boosters they were trying to impress. I'm sure the message hit home that day of how destructive it is to have a fraud in charge of your school's football team.

Then, it got rubbed in the next week when Cal followed a 52-7 drubbing of us by losing at Nevada.

When discussing the HaLkins error, you have to include the road trip to Cal. All they hype of joining the Pac, the pep rally stamped of the state of California leading up to the game, the number of alumni and boosters who came to the game, the university administrators who made the trip, the national television audience... and we were completely non-competitive and out of the game after the first 10 minutes against a mediocre Cal squad.

Sadly, a part of me was glad it happened since the decision to retain Hawkins after 2009 was so bad that the powers that be deserved to look like clowns in front of the boosters they were trying to impress. I'm sure the message hit home that day of how destructive it is to have a fraud in charge of your school's football team.

Then, it got rubbed in the next week when Cal followed a 52-7 drubbing of us by losing at Nevada.

Berkeley is flooded in the black and gold. CU fans are making more noise than the Cal wine & cheesers. Right before kickoff, the Buffs run out and start jumping around in the end zone in front of the CU fans firing up everyone even more...and then they go out and immediately do...that. Epic fail.

Easily Montana State. I remember being profoundly angry, disgusted with the Toledo, Mizzery, Kansas games, but with Montana State.. I just couldn't fahqin believe it. I was in shock. It also didn't help that my older bro (MSU alumni) wouldn't stop calling me and leaving messages on my phone rubbing it in in every way possible.

My worst game isn't one of the choices...

I was officially in the Hawk Hater Camp after the CSU game at Folsom. Being there watching the Lambies dance in the middle of Folsom was too much for me. For me it was the lowest point as a 25 year Buff fan. So glad that dead wood is gone!!!!

My worst game isn't one of the choices...

I was officially in the Hawk Hater Camp after the CSU game at Folsom. Being there watching the Lambies dance in the middle of Folsom was too much for me. For me it was the lowest point as a 25 year Buff fan. So glad that dead wood is gone!!!!

I agree with this. That game changed my perception on Hawkins abilities. Prior to that, I genuinely thought he was building the program. After that, I knew he was a total fraud.

I think it has to be Kansas simply because Hawkins had to go out of his way to lose that game. All we had to do was run the ball and not turn it over. What did we do instead? Passed and turned it over. Larry Zimmer's mind was blown on KOA. I was in full on meltdown mode listening on the radio.

Mike Bohn had no choice but to fire Hawkins after that soul-crushing loss. That was also the point where the nepotism argument stuck beyond all shadow of a doubt.

I think it has to be Kansas simply because Hawkins had to go out of his way to lose that game. All we had to do was run the ball and not turn it over. What did we do instead? Passed and turned it over. Larry Zimmer's mind was blown on KOA. I was in full on meltdown mode listening on the radio.

Mike Bohn had no choice but to fire Hawkins after that soul-crushing loss. That was also the point where the nepotism argument stuck beyond all shadow of a doubt.

While I believe that Montana State is the worst loss, I have never been angrier than during the Kansas game. Here we are trouncing the Jayhawks in Lawrence in the 4th quarter, about to get the road monkey off of our back and we inexplicably blew the largest of leads. I had thought that I was numb to CU losing by then, boy was I wrong...Volcanic eruption angry wrong.

The Georgia roadie still bothers me. was that 06? 13-0 4th quarter lead wasn't it? NE loss with the field goal is the worst loss IMO in the poll

MSU was the worst loss. We should have beaten KU, but that epic collapse got rid of Hawk so it's even. Almost losing to Eastern Washington would have probably surpassed that MSU loss. What year was that of the hawk failure? 3?

Back