What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WORST OFFICIATING i've seen. 5 penalties on cu none on cal and...

I thought the officiating was disorganized and that there were some mistakes. But it evened out. That personal foul they called on Cal was horse****.

:lol: Evened out? Yeah, those penalties sure were even. CU should have won this game period. They had 3 chances inside the 20 and didn't get anything but 2 fg's.

Agreed. Henderson often gets caught not looking at the ball. When he sees that receiver turning to locate and those hands start coming up to catch, he has got to get turned around to play the ball

:nod:

That's the next step in his development. He's getting pretty good at understanding the coverage scheme, being in the right position, and staying tight on his man. The next step is to be more aware of the play and get to the ball when QBs challenge him.

For a true frosh, I'm very happy with him and I think where he's building from is the right foundation.

not a good day for pac 12 refs. Lots of bad calls both ways. Some big ones in CU's favor. But the balance was for Cal. Not to mention general spotting incompetence.

Yeah. They said on the tube that it was Ed Hawkulee's (sp?, sorry) son. That's that old NFL ref that is roid-ripped.

Sean Hochuli. Apparently he wanted to take good ol' dad off the hook for the worst officiating performance in the history of the state of Colorado... :lol:

Sean Hochuli. Apparently he wanted to take good ol' dad off the hook for the worst officiating performance in the history of the state of Colorado... :lol:

That call almost made me glad the Chargers got in the playoffs over the Donks at the end of that year. Woulda felt tainted if we made it in.

Im sorry I thought the pass interference was a **** call and cost us a turnover. As long as he isnt interfering with the receiver, like hands on or pushing, I dont believe face guarding is against the rules in college football. Of course, Hendo needs to develop that and he'll get some picks. All in all, like what I see from him, he's gonna be a good one. Why the hell didnt they call roughing the passer when Tyler got hit like a second after he threw to Clemons, think it was? The guy tried to pull off after he'd already jacked him pretty good. Wanna say that was in the third quarter, not sure.

There's no point in going into it, it will de-evolve into an argument. They were bad, we can agree on that.

Bigger picture - welcome to the P12. I'm curious to hear from Cal friends that went to the game about the experience...there are now three stadiums I haven't visited. On tv it looked like a tough place to play and a good addition to the conference. Tough loss for you guys today, no doubt. You guys dominated the 2nd half like crazy. Thought your coaches schemed really well on offense. Extremely surprised about the OL play (no offense but you'll want Marshall out of there very soon. We heard this from prior schools and didn't believe it. The unfortunate truth: he's terrible). You've got some nice players, no idea how you lost last week. Anyway, good luck the rest of the way.

Thanks tequila. And I certainly mean it in every context.

It looks like your effort to avoid an ensuing argument failed miserably...

tequila - re: Marshall

You do realize he has been at CU before? You also realize that in 2001 he coached the most dominant offensive line in college football?

yes but it's 2011 and his OL can't run block for ****.

One week he can't pass block, the next he can't run block :lol:

Let's give this guy a little while before we start lynching him

I guess he can't block at all looking at the first two games....

Pass blocking seemed fine to me today. We did throw for 474 yards

Hansen had all day today. Pass blocking was not a problem.

not a good day for pac 12 refs. Lots of bad calls both ways. Some big ones in CU's favor. But the balance was for Cal. Not to mention general spotting incontinence.

Fixed it for you there, Miles Davis.

sleeping_wet_pants.jpg

Not certain if there is a film review grading for collage Refs like there is in the pro's? But if there is, I'm sure they will get failing grade. Bad, Bad, Bad.

I thought the officiating was disorganized and that there were some mistakes. But it evened out. That personal foul they called on Cal was horse****.

Agreed. If we didn't have 5 False Start penalties in the first half alone (and they were all clearly false starts), the other BS penalties on both sides balanced out. Without those FS calls, CU moves the chains and is either tied or up at halftime. Based on our more focused play in second half it probably would have been a comfortable win.

We beat ourselves, and again it's the o-line that needs to get better. BUT- overall I was impressed with the fight in the dog yesterday; I think we can all agree that the distribution of talent on this team is limited.

Agreed. If we didn't have 5 False Start penalties in the first half alone (and they were all clearly false starts), the other BS penalties on both sides balanced out. Without those FS calls, CU moves the chains and is either tied or up at halftime. Based on our more focused play in second half it probably would have been a comfortable win.

We beat ourselves, and again it's the o-line that needs to get better. BUT- overall I was impressed with the fight in the dog yesterday; I think we can all agree that the distribution of talent on this team is limited.

I agree - there were 6 False Start penalties on the Buffs during the game. 1 offsides penalty on the defense. 1 roughing the kicker penalty (go for the BALL, not the kicker!). The personal foul on Polk when he tackled the Cal RB 2 yards out of bounds was completely legitimate. Then the worst of all, in my opinion, kicking the ball out of bounds after Colorado had scored a TD to make the score 23-20. A free kick, no pressure coming from the opposing team at all - and we kick the ball out of bounds. Cal got the ball at the 40 yard line. That has happened in back-to-back games now, Hawaii made us pay for it, luckily Cal did not.

Take away those 10 penalties and it might have been a different game.

Not trying to stir anything more up on this one, but Pac 12 refs do admit mistakes when asked by coaches through the proper channels post game (they must have to do it a lot too):

http://www.ibabuzz.com/beartalk/

Tedford said Pac-12 coordinator of football officiating Tony Corrente admitted the officiating crew made a mistake by penalizing Trevor Guyton for a personal foul late in the third quarter against Colorado. Guyton tackled Colorado RB Rodney Stewart after Cal linebacker Mychal Kendricks already had, but the whistle didn’t blow until an instant before Guyton made contact.

That was a pretty big play in the game because it gave CU a 1st and 10 instead of a 4th and 10... P Rich scores his first TD on that drive.

Is that the only play they admit a mistake on? If so, wow. Why the hell are they doing D1 ball? ****ing terrible.

Not trying to stir anything more up on this one, but Pac 12 refs do admit mistakes when asked by coaches through the proper channels post game (they must have to do it a lot too):

http://www.ibabuzz.com/beartalk/

That was a pretty big play in the game because it gave CU a 1st and 10 instead of a 4th and 10... P Rich scores his first TD on that drive.

Did they address any of the tons of other mistakes they made?

Back