What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Worst uniforms in college football

Oregon, and the next worst isn't even close. Oregon's uniforms are atrocious.

Oregon is not the correct answer. The Clemson purple is bad same with Wyoming's. I'd lean towards Clemson's though.

I suppose the problem with pinning the worst uniform label on Oregon is the fact that they have something like 20 different combinations to choose from. Any one of them is horrible. The combination is downright criminal.

See, now the Oregon Uniform that's shown above would be OK if they did just a couple things. First, get rid of the neon green socks. That's about as ghey as is humanly possible. Second, get rid of the wings on the shoulder pads. Just. Stupid. The helmet/jersey/pant combo actually works. I'm not a big fan of the slanted numbering, either, but I could live with it if they made the other changes.

Of course, they were at a disadvantage against Auburn, who has some of the tightest threads in all of college football, IMO. Simple, straightforward, classic.

Did Oregon change their official school colors to Graphite and Neon Yellow? Does the uniform posted even have one UO school color?

Even if your colors suck (Oregon, Wyo, VT) you shouldn't forsake them altogether. I guess times have changed. So much for the Tradition of College Football. Thank you, Nike.

Wyoming is at a decided disadvantage. Brown and yellow, while representative of the landscape around Laramie, WY, makes for pretty awful uniforms.

I like the Oregon all blacks, but you know what? With all the ugliness of Oregon's unis and how many different ones they use, recruits love them. HUGE, HUGE, HUGE selling point for Oregon's recruits.

Nike did a fine job screwing up both Virginia Tech and Boise State when they put them in the 3D friendly uniforms.
Ryan+Winterswyk+Boise+State+v+Virginia+Tech+URmzUeUcwCcl.jpg
The Army's all camo specialty uniform is hard on the eyes. But it's atleast got some integrity behind the choice.
Army-Football-Camo-Uniforms.jpg
When Texas Tech does camo, it's horrible, even if it was a gimmick for a good cause.
UAWoundedWarriorProjectTexasTech.jpg

I like the Oregon all blacks, but you know what? With all the ugliness of Oregon's unis and how many different ones they use, recruits love them. HUGE, HUGE, HUGE selling point for Oregon's recruits.

I think it's less the uniforms and more the bottomless pit of money that paid for them that is the attractive thing.

The old Iowa State McDonald's themed red uniforms were hidious.
display_image.jpg
It's even worse when Eastern Washington does that look on their bloody turf.
94474925141857922814.jpg

Nike did a fine job screwing up both Virginia Tech and Boise State when they put them in the 3D friendly uniforms.
The Army's all camo specialty uniform is hard on the eyes. But it's atleast got some integrity behind the choice.
When Texas Tech does camo, it's horrible, even if it was a gimmick for a good cause.
why does tech have the ACC patch

I've never been a big fan of the mashed-carrot baby diarrhea orange worn by the Longhorns. Mercifully UT has not worn an all orange pant/jersey combo.

The all orange look sported by Clemson and Okie Lite deserves mention as nominees for ugliest uniforms.

a6cd0969-45a6-d718.jpg

a6cd0969-45c4-1338.jpg

And since Orange pants are the theme of this post, here is CSU's hideous old alfalfa and pumpkin look.
a6cd0969-462c-0774.jpg

Wyoming is at a decided disadvantage. Brown and yellow, while representative of the landscape around Laramie, WY, makes for pretty awful uniforms.

Wyoming's uniforms the last 5-10 years have indeed been awful. Not necessarily because of their colors, but more because how they are used. We had the same colors when I played HS football (I played for the same team as Bobby Purify). Dark brown jerseys with white pants and white helmets is not bad at all. Throw in a few yellow highlights (my HS switched to gold) and its not the end of the world. WYO's problem recently is that they use way too much yellow (esp the pants) and tried to modernize/bronconize their uni's.

I've never been a big fan of the mashed-carrot baby diarrhea orange worn by the Longhorns. Mercifully UT has not worn an all orange pant/jersey combo.

Pantone 159 is not a good look on anything. What I find more offensive is their white on white on white, "white and tight so you can tell what religion they are" road uniforms. Hopefully all of their games in which they are not playing a Pac-12 opponent will be on their own network.

I might have to change my vote to TT camo, and Nike gets out uglied by Under Armour. It takes alot to out ugly Nike.

Wyoming's uniforms the last 5-10 years have indeed been awful. Not necessarily because of their colors, but more because how they are used. We had the same colors when I played HS football (I played for the same team as Bobby Purify). Dark brown jerseys with white pants and white helmets is not bad at all. Throw in a few yellow highlights (my HS switched to gold) and its not the end of the world. WYO's problem recently is that they use way too much yellow (esp the pants) and tried to modernize/bronconize their uni's.

I remember Palmer having the ugliest unis in the metro league for as long as we played them. Brown is just a bad sports color all around.

I'd have to go with Tennessee's all orange. Just plain hideous. I do actually like oregon's all-blacks though.

It may not be popular but I say the ones we wore during that night game back in 98 i think it was. That Las Vegas gold is crap. Looked like someone pissed all over us. The helmet wasnt bad that night but nothing beats the original. I really wish they would do away with that las vegas gold and stick with whatever you call that yellowish gold that most CU shirts are done it.

If they just stuck with that color, it would stand out far more at the games and look so much better than all the different colors you see in the stands now.

Am I the only one that remembers that craptacular uniform that aTM sported one year in the 90s? I can't find a photo, but it incorporated a plaid--yes, you read correctly, I said "plaid"--collar.

Rep to anybody who can produce a photo of that cluster****.

Back