1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst wake up greeting ever!

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I wake up today after a long day of hiking and partying yesterday and make my way to the paper in the driveway. I sit down at the table and do what I always do, look at the sports section first. Here's what I saw.:wow:

http://www.timescall.com/sports_story.asp?id=17027

2. Buffy-too

Buffy-too Well-Known Member

You didn't have to ruin our day too. I should neg rep you! (but I won't)

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

And I thought I had a rude awakening this morning when my 10 month old loudly decided that 4:15 am was time to start the day. Good thing you weren't trying to eat when you saw that photo and article... hangover already put you too far into the danger zone.:puke:

4. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

I'ts pretty sad when Big 8 decided to accept 4 schools that needed them worse than the Big 8 needed them

The worst part of this story is that not only the lions share of $$$ is in the south, but they threw out the Big 8 rules the texass schools agreed to abide by.

I still wish it was the Big 8

5. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

i wish it was the 8 too; but, some of those "rules" that got thrown out were prop 48 stuff and the Big 8 (while healthy with CU and NU still very strong and OU wasn't going to be down forever and was a killer in hoops for an 8 team conference*)....moving forward probably was going to need the Dallas and Houston media markets to be competitive in the acquisitions and mergers phase of the super-conference era. KC, Omaha, OKC, and a luke-warm Denver market weren't going to cut it on the national stage given today's network lobbying and protecting and marketing interests.

*the Big 8 was sending 5 teams to the Dance fairly often which is the same % as the vaunted 10 the Big East is going to get one of these years (causing the Syracuse humping ESPN wonks to proclaim a national holiday for the greatest sports achievement of all time).

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  6. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

:sad2::finger2::finger::gun:Osbourne

7. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

The best thing about the Big 8 is that everyone played everyone else in football, which is the only true way to determine a conference champion. And teams still had the luxury of having 4 non-conference games with a league of that size.

Hey, watch your 'Cuse bashing there!!! :smile2:

The pinnacle for the Big 8 was '88 when 3 teams were in the final 8 and both participants in the national championship game, although it sucks that the gayhawks won it all instead of OU. :sad2:

8. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

i wasn't bashing the Cuse i was bashing the Cuse humping. :smile2:

there's a diff.

9. FChairbanks

FChairbanks muthaka slayer Club Member

i was reading that article on my deck this afternoon and i started dozing off...

...i dreamed that tom osborne was actually making sense...

...then his face melted off...

...and chuck fairbanks was underneath...

thank god i woke up.

66BUFF and Idot Buff like this.
  10. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

just look at his sports coat and that god-awful tie...enough to make one puke....unless, you are from BF Nebraska....