What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Would Arizona be the biggest win since WVU in '08?

Because they sucked and had a lame duck coach

They sucked less than we did. It was our first conference win and was supposed to be some sort of turning point. Lasted about a week. Which is more-or-less how I would see a win this year.

As others have pointed out, big wins are only big wins if they lead to bigger and better things.

They sucked less than we did. It was our first conference win and was supposed to be some sort of turning point. Lasted about a week. Which is more-or-less how I would see a win this year.

As others have pointed out, big wins are only big wins if they lead to bigger and better things.

Then it's been a really long time since we've had a big win.

Then it's been a really long time since we've had a big win.

^^This^^

This would be a bigger win than a lot of those others listed not because of the relative quality of who we would be beating but rather because of the depths we have fallen to. It would be a sign of hope that we are coming out of the pits and might have a reason to start looking up. This would mean that we could actually beat a real team that is capable of beating other teams.

A win on Saturday makes November relevant. Pretty important IMO.

That is a compelling reason, I suppose. The only one I've seen that makes sense. A win on Saturday means that even with expected losses to UCLA and UW, there's still a reason to believe that the USC, Cal and UU games mean something. When's the last time that happened?

In that case though, it's the timing and the relative quality of the opponents vis-a-vis our future opponents that makes this a big game. I.e., the UA game is important because we have no chance at winning in LA or Seattle.

I would say no as the biggest win in the Embree error was Arizona. A win over Cal would look a lot better. Please don't bring up Utah, TY.
A win over a 1 and 6 (and getting worse) cal would look a lot better?

Back