What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Would incremental improvement in football get you excited?

What it would take to get you fired up

• Major Splash in BOTH results & recruiting

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • Major Splash in EITHER results or recruiting

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • Incremental Improvement in BOTH results & recruiting

Votes: 64 58.7%
  • Incremental Improvement in EITHER results or recruiting

Votes: 9 8.3%

• Total voters
How sad is it when 2-7 in conference play is considered real expectations

Super sad. Sad but true.

Could you imagine falling into a coma around December 1st, 2001 and waking up today to see what has happened over the past 13 years?

Whoa, 13. maybe that was the curse, and after this year the curse is over!!

Super sad. Sad but true.

Could you imagine falling into a coma around December 1st, 2001 and waking up today to see what has happened over the past 13 years?

Whoa, 13. maybe that was the curse, and after this year the curse is over!!

As a student we flipped our **** when we won only 7 games.

We'll win at least 6 this year. I'm actually thinking that it's going to be a fun year to be a Buff fan.

We'll win at least 6 this year. I'm actually thinking that it's going to be a fun year to be a Buff fan.

That would be a huge help if we can get that JUCO DE and TE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be a huge help if we can get that JUCO DE and TE

We signed the DE (Leo Jackson) in the spring. Is there someone else I'm not thinking of?

The big personnel questions for the fall are (no particular order):

1. Bobo being academically eligible
2. Solis having things together
3. Irwin coming back healthy and shaking the rust off quickly.
4. Callahan's status to play this year with the NCAA.
5. Kafovalu being academically eligible.
6. French signing for 2014 and providing a lift to the TE group.
7. Jackson providing a lift to the DE group.

Pretty much all of those things need to happen. We also need a bunch of the newcomers to make important contributions (Keeney, Fields, Wiefels and Lee top that list, imo). We're also going to need some guys to make a strong year-to-year improvement.

Maybe it's being in the middle of the offseaon with nothing but hope and dreams to sustain me, but I really believe it's coming together just like when no one saw MacIntyre's 4-win jump to a 5-7 2nd season at SJSU coming.

P.S. Can someone please change HCMM's photo on his wikipedia page? It's from SJSU and that's simply not acceptable. This one from the Grantland preview wouldn't be bad to crop:

grant_g_macintyre_mike_64011.jpg

The DE I'm thinking of is Reed's teammate in Georgia, thought I remember him being a '14 recruit

The DE I'm thinking of is Reed's teammate in Georgia, thought I remember him being a '14 recruit

Blake Robbins is a 3rd year soph who would be in the same class as Reed, afaik.

How would a 6-0 record to start the season make you feel? It isn't completely crazy to think we could do it . . . and then lose our last six games.

How would a 6-0 record to start the season make you feel? It isn't completely crazy to think we could do it . . . and then lose our last six games.

I would be so happy and wouldn't care if we dropped the next 6.

But anyone marking the UMASS game as a win is silly - we have to travel East. That isn't a sure thing.

But anyone marking the UMASS game as a win is silly - we have to travel East. That isn't a sure thing.

If we show up and play reasonably well, we will. That UMASS team will be terrible.

Have you seen them play? Guessing not...

Seriously - anyone banking on ANY sure wins, much less road wins, is a fool.

Seriously - anyone banking on ANY sure wins, much less road wins, is a fool.
Umass is nothing more than a FCS team playing FBS ball (barely). You can call me a fool, but they are a awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful football team with no fan support.

Umass is nothing more than a FCS team playing FBS ball (barely). You can call me a fool, but they are a awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful football team with no fan support.

Let's quantify this.

How may fewer "awfuls" are we than them?

I hate to say it, but if we lose this game you will have in effect proven every declarative statement you've made false. With our FCS record with better teams than we currently have I am nervous as hell!

I hate to say it, but if we lose this game you will have in effect proven every declarative statement you've made false. With our FCS record with better teams than we currently have I am nervous as hell!

We need to keep track of these things.

I'll cross that bridge in the unlikely event it happens. I will say both FCS teams we played last year were quite a bit better than UMass

Eric_Cartman.jpg

Screw you guys and your negative moaning. We're going to curb stomp Massachusetts. History be damned. It's time we all stopped being such pussies.

Back